The Horned Sniper

Xarlen

First Post
Gralluk was born in the High Forest. As he grew, the Minotaur discovered that he had an agility not seen in other minotaurs, below the High Forest. And then he met Her.

The Green Dragon Akilanisasessis discovered Gralluk, in his growing years, and decided that he would make a perfect henchman and guard. Thus, by pulling her weight with some other agents in her deploy, Gralluk was trained by some of the best archers at her disposal.

Gralluk's bow was crafted from the bones of a dead rival to Akilanasisessis, a fledgling Green Dragon who got too close to her territory. Later in Gralluk's carreer, when he pleased his draconic mistress enough, she had a mage enchant the minotaur's bow.

Now, he is her personal messanger, armed scout, and leader in many ambushes, as well as perching high atop a cliff overlooking her lair deep within a lake inside the High Forest.

Gralluk's Tactics are simple. He lags behind, using full advantage of the 250 distance to his bow. First bringing forth a hail of arrows (Often alchemist fire arrows), before running back, around, or so forth, repeating the process. Quaal's Tree token makes for instant cover, while the Whip offers a defense if he's ever closed in for combat.

Gralluk, Large Minotaur, 2nd level Fighter/4th level Deepwood Sniper
HD: 6d8+18(45)+6d10+18
Init: +5
Speed: 30ft
AC: 23 (-1 Size, +5 Nat, +5 Dex)
Attack: Bow: +18/+13/+8 (+16/+16/+11/+6), Melee +18/+13/+8
Damage: Bow 2d6+8, Greataxe 2d8+7, Gore 2d6+3
SpecialA: Charge 4d6+10
SpecialQ: Nat Cunning, Scent
Saves: Fort: +10, Ref +13, Will +7
Abilities: Str 24, Dex 18, Con 17, Int 10, Wis 13, Cha 12
Skills: +11 Spot, +11 Listen, +6 Search, +22 Hide, +11 Move Silently, +12 Jump, +4 Intimidate, +8 Craft (Bowmaking)
Feats: Great Fortitude, Weapon Focus (Bow), Point Blank Shot, Far Shot, Rapid Shot, Precise Shot
Aligment: NE
CR: 10

Special Qualities:
Keen Arrows: All arrows fired are considered 19-20 threat range.
Projectile Improved Crit: All arrows have x4 crit range.
Concealment Cancelation: All concealment are considered 10% less.
Magic Weapon: May cast magic weapon on a projectile weapon, caster level equal to a cleric of the Deepwood Sniper level.
Safe Poison Use: May use poison without threat of being poisoned himself.
Take Aim: As a full round action, aiming at one unmoving target gains a +2 bonus. It is lsot if they move more then 5ft.
Distance: For every DWS level, add +10 ft to the range incriment of their projectile weapon.

Equipment: +1 Huge Composit Longbow +7 (4,000gp).
Belt of Dexterity +2 (4,000)
Quiver of Ehlonna (1,800)
Bracers of Archery (5,100)
Ironshoes of Speed (5,000) (Basicly like horse shoes, for hooved beings)
Cloak of Elvenkind (2,000)
Studded Leather Armor +1 (1,500)
Quaal's Feather Token (Tree) (100)
Quaal's Feather Token (Whip) (500)
50 +1 arrows (2,350)
50 MW arrows (350)
Potion of Haste (750)

1,350 gold to work with.

Last edited:

Caliber

Explorer
If you can scrape together enough money (possibly be ditching the +1 arrows) you could always make his bow also Acidic (kinda inline, considering it is made of Green Dragon rib and all ...) I almost think you did this and forgot to list it since he currently has an extra d6 listed with his bow damage.

Otherwise he looks really cool. Would be nice if you gave the average HPs of this guy (should be 96 I think) but otherwise very nice. Wouldn't mind using this guy against my own players.

Let them jump the Green Dragon and fight for a bit. Suddenly the Wizard is hit from behind with a 2d6 + 1d6 + 8 arrow! Ouch!

Defintely sounds like fun!

:D

Xarlen

First Post
I don't think he has enough cash. A +2 weapon would cost him a good +6,000 more. I origionally had a distance bow. Then I decided for a Frost bow. But I couldn't work it in, for his wealth.

As for Average HPs, I have no idea the average.

Last edited:

Caliber

Explorer
If you ever need to average die its the dies max +.5

So d10s average to 5.5 and d8s to 4.5

I did the math in my head but I think his average HP hits 96.

Xarlen

First Post
I don't think that helps a lot, since you round down? :) Unless you add the .5s.

Also, I don't like averaging; I like rolling. Baddies with some chunky HPs. :)

Caliber

Explorer
I agree actually. I normally roll for HPs unless the baddie is that minor that he doesn't matter. But providing average HP does allow someone to look and get a feeling of how many HPs 6d10 + 6d8 + 36 is really going to provide.

And while in DnD you always round fractions down unless stated otherwise, when doing averages you don't. Now you can participate in all those calculus problems over in the Rules forum! Yay! :D

Xarlen

First Post
Oh, joy, I so want that. ;)

I'll include his physical description in a bit. :)

Hey, I'd be glad to put an energy power on there, but no cash.

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
i question the NE alignment for him. NE is more selfserving and not really too great a bodyguard unless you keep the cash rolling in. Since he's a minotaur, scout, and personal bodyguard to a green dragon wouldn't he be more LE rahter then NE?

just a comment, the rest looks good..

Jeph

Explorer
Hey, it's a dragon! He could just keep him Charmed all the time, and having the cash roll in in monsoon-style waves would be no prob (anyway, the dragon could just roast Gralluk and take it back anytime he wanted.).

Remove ads