Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Voda Vosa

First Post
Soldier turns to face Mri'thas and looks sadly down to the floor and answers, "I am sorry, friend, those are questions I, myself, don't have answers for."

and then Soldier tells his backstory (IE what he did before meeting them in that village) to his companions.

"So much questions still to be answered. I wonder what was this place the voice said you were supposed to defend against corruption." The gith wonders

"My wife is the person I've decided to spend my life with. Together we have built a family including our three sons." replies Callen.
"Ah much like a mate." Mri'Thas comments to Callen

DoublePayBack

First Post
Solitaire looks back over at Galinnden. Well, it's always a good day for an adventure, isn't it?

She grins for a moment as she thinks about what to say, then seems to shudder involuntarily for a moment, then snaps out of her reverie and grins again. Truth be told, I seem to have gotten on the bad side of a few unsavory characters around my old haunts, you know how that goes. I was thinking a change of scenery and hopefuly some coin to square things might be just what the doctor ordered.

A word of advice I can share with you though: no matter how foolproof your con is, never make an assassin your mark. It's bad business, and the coin just ain't worth it.

How about you, solid citizen? What brings a studious type like yourself out looking to fight the good fight? Love, or money?

"Neither love nor money has brought me here before you. I mean, I am all for pocketing a few coins here and there, but what I really seek is to further my knowledge of the mystical ways while creating tales of battles and beasts to share as I travel through new towns along the way. As a boy I was fascinated by the traveling adventurers who would pass through my village bragging of the hordes of creatures they had slain, and I have longed for the day when I too could be part of such legends. My teacher has now past and there is nothing for me back home, so there is no better time to start my life as an adventurer." Galinndan pauses and looks at Solitaire waiting to see her reaction and silently hoping it will not be one of uncontrollable laughter.

Phoenix8008

First Post
A Gith woman enters the tavern. Her chainmail armor gleams in the light as she follows custom and announces her name for all to hear. "I am Kama'zer." she says simply. Noticing some of her recent comrades already here, she makes her way over to them. "Greetings again to you all." she says to Ts'iri, Mri'thas, Soldier, and Callen. She gets a drink for herself from the bar along with some food before sitting near her companions.

Korthala

First Post
"Neither love nor money has brought me here before you. I mean, I am all for pocketing a few coins here and there, but what I really seek is to further my knowledge of the mystical ways while creating tales of battles and beasts to share as I travel through new towns along the way. As a boy I was fascinated by the traveling adventurers who would pass through my village bragging of the hordes of creatures they had slain, and I have longed for the day when I too could be part of such legends. My teacher has now past and there is nothing for me back home, so there is no better time to start my life as an adventurer." Galinndan pauses and looks at Solitaire waiting to see her reaction and silently hoping it will not be one of uncontrollable laughter.

Solitaire laughs knowingly, but it's a friendly laugh. So, the good citizen is looking for fame and fortune after all! Ain't nothing wrong with wanting to hear your name sung by the bards. Stick with me and they'll be shouting your name from the rooftops before we're through!

Xer0

First Post
Solitaire laughs knowingly, but it's a friendly laugh. So, the good citizen is looking for fame and fortune after all! Ain't nothing wrong with wanting to hear your name sung by the bards. Stick with me and they'll be shouting your name from the rooftops before we're through!
"Such confidence, it's a good thing. Assuming it doesn't get you killed first." Solon grabs two more chairs and sets them at the table he shares with his brother.

"Come, sit with us, both of you. There's no point in shouting across the room at each other, is there?"

Korthala

First Post
"Such confidence, it's a good thing. Assuming it doesn't get you killed first." Solon grabs two more chairs and sets them at the table he shares with his brother.

"Come, sit with us, both of you. There's no point in shouting across the room at each other, is there?"

No reason at all, come to think of it. Solitaire grabs her whiskey bottle, takes another drink, and walks over to sit next to Solon.

She looks at Solon, steel appearing in her chartreuse eyes for a moment.And for the record, I've already outlived most of the whelps I grew up with. In The Triangle, I'm practically elderly. If there was an arrow with my name on it, I expect it would have found me long before now.

She pauses for a moment, then cracks up laughing. Besides, I've got way too many coffers to clean out to say goodbye to this world so soon. Confidence, loose coin, and whiskey are what get you on from one day to live the next. She takes another good-sized drink, then looks back at Solon, still laughing and seemingly a little buzzed from the whiskey by now. So, what's a nice guy like you doing in a place like this?

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Suddenly the front door bangs open and a halfling dressed in soot-damaged velvet stumbles in, coughing, tears streaming down his face. "Fire!" he cries. "Oh, gods, my shop! All my savings! All gone!" He doubles over, coughing again, as smoke starts seeping in through the front door behind him. "You've got to help me! The whole city's on fire!"

Korthala

First Post
Suddenly the front door bangs open and a halfling dressed in soot-damaged velvet stumbles in, coughing, tears streaming down his face. "Fire!" he cries. "Oh, gods, my shop! All my savings! All gone!" He doubles over, coughing again, as smoke starts seeping in through the front door behind him. "You've got to help me! The whole city's on fire!"

Solitaire is standing, her sword drawn and her chair on the floor behind her, before the halfling has finished getting the word "fire" out. She vaults the table, and just before she dashes out the door, you can hear her say, People always said The Hanged Man was a great place to find adventure!

Phoenix8008

First Post
Seeing the commotion of the hysterical man entering, Kama'zer narrows her eyes in thought for a moment while Solitaire vaults over her table and out the door. The Gith woman stands and moves quickly but calmly to the bar while taking a drink of her ale. Setting the flagon down, she asks the bartender for a pitcher. As he hands it over, she says "This can be put to better use than drinking currently." Looking back at her former companions, she asks "Anyone else coming?" before heading out the door with the pitcher of ale in her sword hand and her shield in the other.

Remove ads