Airwalkrr's Shackled City OOC (D&D 3.5)

Rhun

First Post
Rhun, it looks like we aren't going to hear from Vertex. If you'd like to jump in, please do.

I'm here. Still looking for a rogue type, or something else? Let me know...I'll be at home most of this weekend, so I can have a PC put together by Monday if that works for you?

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Rhun - A rogue would be great since there is currently no one who can find traps or even a character with trap sense as a class ability. But feel free to play whatever you like. The current party is:

Bohemian - dread necromancer
Zarust - fighter/cleric
Thanee - sorcerer
Oni - druid
Strahd - fighter

Boddynock - I am fine with the idea of a Cruskii barbarian, but you'd probably need to come up with some whopper of a tale for how he wound up in the foothills of the southern Hellfurnace mountains. They are on opposite sides of the continent! For a local human barbarian, an Olman from the Amedio Jungle would work better.

Rhun

First Post
Rhun - A rogue would be great since there is currently no one who can find traps or even a character with trap sense as a class ability. But feel free to play whatever you like. The current party is:

Not a problem, I actually like playing rogues...though I admit, I'd probably have him pick up a couple of levels of fighter or such if we get that far to upgrade his combat abilities.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Deuce, feel free to jump in with an alternate. Rhun had spoken up earlier as an alternate so I'm giving him first dibs. If another spot opens up, you and Boddynock may have a shot at it.

The fighter/rogue is fine, Rhun, just keep this in mind.

Multiclass Characters: If you wish to play a multiclass character, you must begin as a multiclass character at 1st-level and use the rules for apprentice-level characters from the 3.0 DMG. It will also affect your starting age. In my campaigns, training for a new class takes more time than will be allowed in this campaign so you will be limited to no more than two classes. Bear that in mind if you plan to multiclass.

That reminds me, Zarust, did you ever adjust your age for starting as a cleric/fighter? As a dwarf cleric/fighter, your starting age is 40+12d6 years. It won't be enough to push you into the next age category, but it will make you relatively older than your fellows.

On another note, not everyone has determined their age, height, and weight. Please do so if you haven't.

Boddynock

First Post
Boddynock - I am fine with the idea of a Cruskii barbarian, but you'd probably need to come up with some whopper of a tale for how he wound up in the foothills of the southern Hellfurnace mountains. They are on opposite sides of the continent! For a local human barbarian, an Olman from the Amedio Jungle would work better.
I don't know much about either the Olman or the Amedio Jungle, and the Living Greyhawk Gazetteer doesn't have much information, but if you'd like someone local, I'm toying with the idea of a multi-class Barbarian/Favored Soul.

I first thought of Pelor, since the sun would be a powerful symbol in that sort of culture, but Kord's favoured weapon of greatsword is just so cool, and archetypically barbarian, that I might go with that. I'm trying to avoid anything too druidish, since we already have a druid, and you've mentioned a number of times that the campaign isn't going to be wilderness based.

If I were to go with that character, would he have access to the regular "European" weapons, or would there be some distinctively Olman/Amedio equivalent of a greatsword?

Zarust

First Post
That reminds me, Zarust, did you ever adjust your age for starting as a cleric/fighter? As a dwarf cleric/fighter, your starting age is 40+12d6 years. It won't be enough to push you into the next age category, but it will make you relatively older than your fellows.

Will do this today, as well as get his height/weight also.

I rolled his age and he is all of 67. Not too bad at all given the amount of dice that got dropped into the pool.

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
I'm going to try rolling stats on Invisible Castle...don't ask we why, because IC hates me...but I feel I have to to compete with some of the other ability scores I've seen rolled! :D

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases