Airwalkrr's Shackled City OOC (D&D 3.5)

Zarust

First Post
Zarust, your trait is Touched in the Head. Enjoy. :)

Why do I suddenly see him as Micheal from Braveheart?

Party: Goran! Hurry the hell up, the dragon is closing in on us!

Goran: Aye, it is, but nothing for me to worry about.

Party: What do you mean?

Goran: Well, Kord just told me that I was fine.

Party: What about us?

Goran: Oh you, well he said you guys are pretty much screwed. BWA haha

Will update his sheet accordingly and figure out his "quirk".

Why do I suddenly see him as Micheal from Braveheart?

Party: Goran! Hurry the hell up, the dragon is closing in on us!

Goran: Aye, it is, but nothing for me to worry about.

Party: What do you mean?

Goran: Well, Kord just told me that I was fine.

Party: What about us?

Goran: Oh you, well he said you guys are pretty much screwed. BWA haha

Will update his sheet accordingly and figure out his "quirk".

At least Goran is not dream hunted by nightmares like a little girl like Floch is :D

Thanee

First Post
It's been a crazy few days... I'm also meant to generate a character for Thanee's game, but have yet to find the available time.

Airwalkrr, why don't you give the slot to Thanee anyway as he already has a character ready to go.

Hey, thanks, Legildur! :D

And don't forget to show up in my OOC thread, once your time permits (no real hurry, you can jump in at pretty much any time). :)

Alright then it looks like Thanee is in. If you add a bit to your background, I'd be happy to roll you up a couple magic items.

Will do. Thanks! :)

Bye
Thanee

Zarust

First Post
At least Goran is not dream hunted by nightmares like a little girl like Floch is :D

Goran: So Floch, tell me about your childhood...

Floch: Well, I seem to have this nightmare where the orcs are chasing me...

Goran: Interesting, what's that? Kord says let them drop and take on those black blooded savages! BWA hahaha...

Sorry, couldn't resist one more. :)

airwalkrr

Adventurer
After reading your background, I have a proposal for you Thanee. If you like, in exchange for one of your items you can have an enhanced familiar, the dog that befriended your character when she was a child. It would have the same statistics as a small dog from the MM and grant a +3 bonus on Jump checks. This would, of course, replace your raven, which you may prefer, so I'll leave it as an option.

Your magic items are: Quaal's feather token (anchor), scroll of identify*
*You may exchange this item for the enhanced familiar if you wish.

Thanee

First Post
After reading your background, I have a proposal for you Thanee. If you like, in exchange for one of your items you can have an enhanced familiar, the dog that befriended your character when she was a child.

I think you read a bit more into that, than I intended. ;)

It was meant to be more of a positive first reaction of the dog, that halted the villagers after the incident; not really a long-lasting "friendship".

Kinda like this...

Child comes to village
Villagers storm out to see whether the child is alright
Child becomes frightened being suddenly harried by so many people
Infernal Howl manifests and now it's the villagers turn to be frightened
Dog enters the scene and instead of barking violently, which would have been expected, he playfully bounces around the child
Villagers calm down and offer the child shelter

This was also meant to show her affinity for animals (wolves especially; dog is at least close to that) that comes from the trait I had rolled up (which I hope you don't mind, since later you said you would do that after the characters are done... when I put it together, I had figured it makes sense to roll that before, because some of them might have some impact on the character and the background). :)

For similar reasons, I made one minor change to the character... added a rank of Handle Animal, in exchange for 2 points of Concentration.

It would have the same statistics as a small dog from the MM and grant a +3 bonus on Jump checks. This would, of course, replace your raven, which you may prefer, so I'll leave it as an option.

Yep, I think I prefer to leave it as it is. Otherwise I also would have to change quite some things and rewrite parts of the background.

Your magic items are: Quaal's feather token (anchor), scroll of identify*
*You may exchange this item for the enhanced familiar if you wish.

Thanks! Added to character sheet. :)

Bye
Thanee

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Actually one of the reasons I suggested the dog was because of the Mark of the Beast. I thought it might make sense if you were to attract a familiar it would be your favored animal. But it's up to you.

Thanee

First Post
Yep, I had thought about that as well, but on second thought it does make sense, that these two are not matching, since her "source" of arcane power (something fiendish, hence the heritage feats) isn't the same as the one responsible for the Mark (picked wolf mostly because it is the most common type).

Bye
Thanee

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Ok, the IC is going up in an hour or two. First, there are a few things I've worked out based on your backgrounds.

[sblock=Bohemian (Simon) and Zarust (Goran)]Your characters know each other and are friends, despite your diverse backgrounds, or perhaps because of it. Though you think in different ways and often choose different paths you challenge each other to look at things in a different light. You often hang out at the Tipped Tankard. You know of Floch, the half-orc guard at the orphanage. He's tried to talk to you before, but he seems kind of shy.[/sblock][sblock=Strahd (Floch)]Your character is something of a loner. You have few friends, though you know of Simon and Goran. You have occasionally spoken to them at the Tipped Tankard, but rarely more than a few words. You know Goran is a priest of some kind and Simon is, well, kind of creepy, but he pretends like he isn't, which just makes him creepier.[/sblock][sblock=Thanee (Alexi) and Oni (Keth)]Your characters met on the road and made your way to Cauldron together. Along the way you discovered you had much in common. Orphans who knew little about your parents and both of you had an affinity for animals, more specifically canines. You figure in Cauldron you might find a way to make your fortunes. You've never met any of the other characters.[/sblock]
Since I really don't have anything regarding a background from Vertexx, I'm going to wait until I hear from him to let him jump in.

Rhun, you may want to make a backup character in case he has decided to back out.

Remove ads