Airwalkrr's Shackled City OOC (D&D 3.5)

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Deuce, feel free to jump in with an alternate. Rhun had spoken up earlier as an alternate so I'm giving him first dibs. If another spot opens up, you and Boddynock may have a shot at it.

With Rhun looking to play a rogue the party will be pretty balanced. Here's a character idea for now, though.

Harry Tanglefeet
[sblock]
Male Halfling, Lightfoot
Rogue, Level 1; Small Humanoid ; hit points: 6
Initiative + 4; Speed 20; Armor Class 16 (Flatfooted: 13 Touch: 14)
Attacks: +1 base melee, +5 base ranged
Melee: +1 ( 1d4, Sword, short )
Ranged: +6 ( 1d3, Dart ); +6 ( 1d3, Sling )
SQ: Halfling traits (Ex); Reflex: +2 Bonus on Saves vs. Fear
+1 attack bonus with thrown weapons
Alignment Chaotic Neutral
Saves: Fortitude + 1, Reflex + 7, Will + 1

STR 10
DEX 18
CON 10
INT 14
WIS 10
CHA 12

Skills:
Appraise + 3 (1 rank)
Balance + 5 (1 ranks)
Bluff + 3 (2 ranks)
Climb +2 (racial)
Disable Device +5 (3 ranks)
Escape Artist + 3 (2 ranks)
Forgery + 4 (2 ranks)
Gather Information + 3 (1 rank)
Hide + 8 (4 ranks)
Jump +2 (2 racial)
Listen + 4 (2 ranks, 2 racial)
Move Silently + 10 (4 ranks, 2 racial)
Open Lock + 8 (4 ranks)
Search + 4 (2 ranks)
Sleight of Hand +6 (2 ranks)
Spot + 2 (2 ranks)
Swim +2 (2 ranks)
Tumble + 8 (4 ranks)
Use Magic Device + 3 (1 rank)
Use Rope + 5 (1 rank)

Feats: Dodge.

Weapons: Sword, short (1 lb); Sling (0 lb); 12x Dart (3 lb)

Armor: Leather (7.5 lb)

Goods: Backpack (.5 lb) ; Bedroll (1.25 lb); Caltrops (2 lbs); Waterskin (full)(1 lb); Flint and steel; 2x Sunrods (2 lbs); Mirror, small steel (0.5); Whetstone (1 lb); Thieves' tools (1 lb); Traveler's outfit (1.25); Long Smoking Pipe (1); Tobacco Pouch (2); 3x Rations, trail (per day) (0.75 lbs); Vial, ink or potion (.1 lbs); 3x Paper (sheet) (0 lbs); 2x Smokesticks (1 lb)

Weight: 26.85 lbs
Load: Medium

1 gp, 3sp

Languages: Common, Halfling, Elf, Orc

Description:
Harry is a halfling of three feet, 2 inches of height. He has bright red, curly hair and a scattering of freckles on his ruddy cheeks. His clothes are that of a simple workman, good for the road or fields, but plain. He has a bad habit of slipping off his shoes, putting his hairy feet on a bar table, and leaning back to smoke at his pipe.

Background:
Harry Tanglefeet is a halfling rogue that has recently arrived a few weeks ago to Cauldron. He left his last haunt after the law started cracking down on the guild he was apart of. His guildmaster was imprisoned, so Harry decided to get out before the inevitable power struggle broke out, especially since he had rubbed some important figures the wrong way. He heard that Cauldron had a corruption problem, which sounded perfect for a guildless rogue looking to strike out on his own. He has no love for order and rules, but seems to get along fine with a few close friends he regularly hangs out with. Currently, Harry stays at some of the less reputable taverns. The Tipped Tankard Tavern is one such perfect place, since the tavern keeper isn't a good cook. This means less people to notice the new-in-town halfling. In exchange for free room and board, Harry sets snares for rabbit stew and gives the chef friendly advice on which vegetables would spicen up his meals better.
He's short on money since he also has a tendency to throw his cash at around. He prefers human women with nice, slender legs. The taller the better, and he has been looking over the local houses of ill repute for some action, but since he's near broke he really hasn't been able to talk a madame down to a price he can afford. This has caused him to gripe constantly to those interested while he pines over his drink.
So far no work has turned up, and Harry is beginning to feel the pinch. Every morning and mid-afternoon he leaves the Tipped Tankard Tavern to set snares out in the woods and to check on old ones. He always walks to and from the same route, which takes him past the shops. Stopping to tie a shoe, or to talk to a local gives him the chance to stake out various places. He has heard about the cash at Maavu's Imports and wants to try his luck in there, but he's looking to hit up a cheaper trinket store first and see what the town's typical security is like first.
He's a bit nervous about stealing in a town with aggressive guilds, but boredom and the desire to see some tail is beginning to take over. If he doesn't hear about a good way to make coin soon he may just take his chances.
[/sblock]

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Boddynock - You could be a barbarian from somewhere else, it's just that I have a hard time imagining a Cruskii feeling at home in a tropical mountain environment. For Olman, think a native Mezoamerican culture, such as the Maya. They are the only "barbarian" people in the region. You'd have access to all the standard PH equipment though, so you wouldn't be stuck with using an atlatl or anything like that. Cauldron is a quasi-medieval society on the edge of civilization. The Olman also have their own pantheon if that might interest you. It is headed by Quetzalcoatl, a LN god of the skies. Most of the other gods in the pantheon are evil, which likely explains why their culture is so brutal.

Not a bad roll, Rhun. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Deuce, looks good. Keep an eye on this thread for announcements in the event that I need an alternate to step in. I'll change the title to reflect recruiting being officially closed as soon as we are back up to six.

Rhun

First Post
Hey Airwalkrr, I've got the basics of my PC but together, but I'm going to need another day to get the background and such written up...are you good with me getting my character posted for you tomorrow?

Rhun

First Post
Still needs a bit of work, I think...but here you go. Do you want to look him over and let me know what you think?

[sblock=Baelor “Badaxe”]

Description
Baelor stands four and a half feet in height, with a stout, solid build. Although he has arms and legs like thick, gnarled oak trees, he is still quite agile for one of his kind. He wears his hair and beard long and flowing, and always wears an eye patch over his left eye…whether the eye is missing or not is the topic of some debate, and Baelor himself never confirms or denies anything. He has a rough and rugged look to him, dressing in dirty, travel stained clothing, and smelling of rich earth, tobacco smoke and bitter beer. He bears several scars, has a couple of tattoos and wears a perpetual scowl upon his face. He never seems to be without his axe, nor his oddly carved meerschaum pipe.

Personality
Baelor is both a sneak and warrior; while he is handy enough in a standup fight, he prefers to surprise his foes, and doesn't have a problem burying his axe in an enemy’s back. He is grim and dour, drinks more than he should, and is known to have something of a quick temper. He has a bad habit of collecting things that don’t belong to him, especially small items such as rings, keys and similar sundries.

Background
Baelor’s parents moved to the community of Caldron when he was still very young, seeking to make a better live for themselves. His father, Raelor, was a stonemason of some skill; that is to say, he was talented enough to make good coin in a human community, but among his fellow dwarves, he was nothing special. And thus the family began the long trek from the Crystalmists to Caldron.

Raelor made a decent enough living as a stonemason, but only for a few years. He was killed in a construction accident (an unstable wall collapsed, crushing the poor dwarf), leaving Baelor and his mother to fend for themselves. While she did the best she could, Baelor began to get himself into trouble…stealing, fighting, and running with a small group of street toughs. It was during these years that he picked up the nickname “Badaxe” – both for his fighting prowess, and his bad attitude.

Since reaching adulthood, Baelor has become something of a drifter. He travels about Caldron and the nearby settlements, looking for work…whether that works requires his skill with the axe, or his skills at sneaking about, it matters not to Baelor.

Neutral Good Dwarf Male
Rogue 0 (Primary) // Fighter 0

XPs:

Stats
Str 17 (+3)
Dex 15 (+2)
Con 16 (+3) (+2 racial)
Int 13 (+1)
Wis 12 (+1)
Cha 06 (-2) (-2 racial)

General
HP: 9 (6, +3 con)
AC: 18 (10 base, +4 armor, +2 shield, + 2 dex)
--- Touch AC 12
--- Flatfooted 16

Initiative: +2
Move: 20’

Combat
BAB: +0
Melee: +3
---Waraxe +3 (1d10+3/19-20)
Ranged: +2

Saves:
Fort: +4 (1 base + 3 con)
Ref: +3 (1 base + 2 dex)
Wil: +1 (0 base + 1 wis)
+2 racial save bonus against poison
+2 racial save bonus against spells and spell-like effects

Skills:
----- ACP: -336
Appraise +2 (1 rank, +1 int)
Balance +5 (3 ranks, +2 dex)
Diplomacy +0 (2 ranks, -2 cha)
Disable Device +5 (4 ranks, +1 int)
Escape Artist +3 (1 rank, +2 dex)
Hide +5 (3 ranks, +2 dex)
Listen +4 (3 ranks, +1 wis)
Move Silently +5 (3 ranks, +2 dex)
Open Lock +6 (4 ranks, +2 dex)
Search +5 (4 ranks, +1 int)
Sense Motive +2 (1 rank, +1 wis)
Sleight of Hand +3 (1 rank, +2 dex)
Spot +4 (3 ranks, +1 wis)
Tumble +5 (3 ranks, +2 dex)

Languages:
- Common
- Dwarven
- Goblin

Feats:
- Weapon Focus (Waraxe)
- Power Attack

Class Features:
- Bonus Feat

Racial Features:
- Medium size
- Darkvision 60'
- Stone Cutting
- Weapon Familiarity
- Stability
- Saving Throw Bonuses
- +1 racial bonus on attack vrs orcs and goblinoids
- +4 dodge bonus to AC vrs giants
- +2 racial bonus on Appraise checks related to stone/metal
- +2 racial bonus on Craft checks related to stone/metal

Arms, Armor and Equipment:
- Dwarven Waraxe (30gp, 8lb)
- Throwing Axe (8gp, 2lb)
- 2 x Light Hammers (4gp, 4lb)
- Large Shield (7gp, 10;b)
- Chain Shirt (100gp, 35lb)
- Traveler’s Outfit (1gp, 5lb)
- Backpack (2gp, 2lb)
--- Bedroll (1sp, 5lb)
--- Lamp, common (1sp, 1lb)
--- Oil, 4 flasks (4sp, 4lb)
--- Hempen rope, 50’ (1gp, 10lb)
--- 2 x Sacks (2sp, 1lb)
--- Trail rations, 4 days (20sp, 4lb)
--- Waterskin (1gp, 4lb)
- Beltpouch
--- Chalk, 1 piece (1cp, ---)
--- Flint & Steel (1gp, ---)
--- Flask, rotgut whiskey (3cp, 1.5lb)
--- Meerschaum Pipe (5gp, ---)
--- Tobacco, 2lbs (2sp, 2lb)
--- Thieves’ Tools (30gp, 1lb)
--- 3gp, 38sp, 16cp
[/sblock]

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Very nicely done, and I love the portrait. Did you do that yourself?

Here are your bonus items: tanglefoot bag, masterwork heavy wooden shield

Please post your character in the Rogue's Gallery, and keep an eye on the IC thread. I'll be giving you a cue soon.

Rhun

First Post
Very nicely done, and I love the portrait. Did you do that yourself?

Unfortunately, no...I can write fairly well, and have a decent imagination, but artwork is definitely not my forte. Usually I get a basic idea of what I want my PC to look like, then I go out on the web and find a good pic. Then I craft the details around the pic...it is kinda cheating, but it works for me. :D

Here are your bonus items: tanglefoot bag, masterwork heavy wooden shield

Thanks!

Please post your character in the Rogue's Gallery, and keep an eye on the IC thread. I'll be giving you a cue soon.

Consider is done.

Zarust

First Post
Glad to have you onboard Rhun, and even gladder that it will be another dwarf joining us.

Now all I have to do is get you to convert to Kord and give up on your sneaky ways of fighting and all will be at peace in the world. :)

Rhun

First Post
Glad to have you onboard Rhun, and even gladder that it will be another dwarf joining us.

Now all I have to do is get you to convert to Kord and give up on your sneaky ways of fighting and all will be at peace in the world. :)

Strange choice for a dwarf...shouldn't he rever Moradin or Clanggedin or such? :D

Although Baelor is not religious, I figure he probably pays homage to Vergadain (if the dwarf pantheon is in use), or Kuluth, Norebo and Olidammara if we are using the standard (Greyhawk) pantheon.

Remove ads