Lords of Chaos: Mual-Tar

yesnomu

First Post
First images of Moradin and Pelor! Pelor is... a blonde Nordic white guy. Lame.

Mual-tar is not as cool as Tiamat, though I bet he could still put up a pretty good fight. Cool Storm Aura, screwing with fliers.

I'd like to see a Thunder Temple superadventure! Something spanning the entire epic tier, it'd be awesome.

Rechan

Adventurer
I'd like to see a Thunder Temple superadventure! Something spanning the entire epic tier, it'd be awesome.
I kinda dislike the idea of going into a hole or a dungeon and coming out three levels higher. Going into any place and spending an entire tier is just maddening.

Not too interesting other than establishing a little more on the Primordials.

Granted I wasn't expecting much from something that's the embodiment of a thunderstorm, and really all this article is about was the followers of Mual-Tar and a campaign that revolves around them. I was hoping for a little more depth on the Primordials other than "Primordials are bad, mmmkay."

As I certainly feel that some PCs might view Primordials more sympathetically, especially ones with the newer power sources. They could have instead tried depicting Mual-Tar as an essential force a spark to keep the multiverse going, or like the ever-dreaming consciousness of the God-Emperor Leto II. Which are things that I would more likely do.

Though for the most part this merely an introduction article on Primordials, the next ones have to be written far better than this one.

Maybe I was hoping they'd at least try starting with Imix, or Ogremach, or Ygorl or even Chronus first, rather than have something that's just a chained beast with a bunch of bitter, power-hungry followers.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I couldn't disagree more strongly. My PCs are much more likely to fight the cults than the actual primordials. They are much more likely to hear about them, and interact with thim. I thought it was well written. This wasn't about primordials, but about this particular one.

this is the kind of article that gets me to pay for DDI. I liked this.

MrMyth

First Post
I kinda dislike the idea of going into a hole or a dungeon and coming out three levels higher. Going into any place and spending an entire tier is just maddening.

The description of dealing with the Thunder Temple brought to my mind the idea of beseiging it, waging a war to keep those within trapped inside while the heroes hunted down the three key servants of Mual'tar, and eventually dealt with the Thunder Serpent directly. That would allow a bit more back and forth activity, rather than just diving into a dungeon and fighting through one room after another for 10 levels.

Cadfan

First Post
I liked the campaign guide at the end. I don't think I'd use it, but I liked it.

I think its also a disguised preview of the elemental shadow power source.

Klaus

First Post
First images of Moradin and Pelor! Pelor is... a blonde Nordic white guy. Lame.

Mual-tar is not as cool as Tiamat, though I bet he could still put up a pretty good fight. Cool Storm Aura, screwing with fliers.

Even though Moradin looks like his 3e self, each race sees the gods as one of their own.

Remove ads