D&D 5E Warhammer Chaos Gods to DnD Demon Lords

For my low(er) magic DnD campaign I’m converting Warhammer scenarios to DnD. What do you think it’s a good “stand in” among the main DnD Demon Lords for the Chaos Gods?

At the moment I was thinking to go for this:

Slaneesh = Grazzt
Nurgle = Juiblex
Khorne = Baphomet
Tzeench = Orcus

any opinions?

Zardnaar

Legend
For my low(er) magic DnD campaign I’m converting Warhammer scenarios to DnD. What do you think it’s a good “stand in” among the main DnD Demon Lords for the Chaos Gods?

At the moment I was thinking to go for this:

Slaneesh = Grazzt
Nurgle = Juiblex
Khorne = Baphomet
Tzeench = Orcus

any opinions?

Are you open to refluffed CE archfiends?

Slaanesh= Malcanthet
Nurgle= Anthraxus
Khorne=Baphomet
Tzeentch= Asmodeus

What exactly do you need to do, for the purposes of the module I mean? Do you need to just reassign who it is that cultists worship? Does it structurally matter to the modules that there's only 4 gods, or can you branch out a bit? Is it important that all your (for example) Tzeentch cultists in the modules will follow the same demon lord once ported to D&D? Given these are WFRP modules, I'm assuming you don't need Out of the Abyss type stats for when high-level PCs actually FIGHT Khorne or whoever....

Slaanesh could be Malcanthet, or Grazzt, or Socothbenoth. Baphomet is a good match for Khorne, you could make a case for Yeenoghu too (though Nurgle might also have a claim on him). Tzeentch could easily be Demogorgon or Grazzt, or one of the weird obyriths like Pale Night. Juiblex or Zuggtmoy for Nurgle - I'm not sure there's a literal demon lord of sickness, cos in D&D world 'Cure Disease' being available as a level 2 spell makes poor old Nurgle sad.

What exactly do you need to do, for the purposes of the module I mean? Do you need to just reassign who it is that cultists worship? Does it structurally matter to the modules that there's only 4 gods, or can you branch out a bit? Is it important that all your (for example) Tzeentch cultists in the modules will follow the same demon lord once ported to D&D? Given these are WFRP modules, I'm assuming you don't need Out of the Abyss type stats for when high-level PCs actually FIGHT Khorne or whoever....

Slaanesh could be Malcanthet, or Grazzt, or Socothbenoth. Baphomet is a good match for Khorne, you could make a case for Yeenoghu too (though Nurgle might also have a claim on him). Tzeentch could easily be Demogorgon or Grazzt, or one of the weird obyriths like Pale Night. Juiblex or Zuggtmoy for Nurgle - I'm not sure there's a literal demon lord of sickness, cos in D&D world 'Cure Disease' being available as a level 2 spell makes poor old Nurgle sad.

I just need to find the demon lord that fits the best, sometimes in the scenario that are things like "the baron's dungeon is a den of pleasure typical of a worshipper of ..." so I have a name ready when I'm describing the thing.

Thanks for the suggestions!

I just need to find the demon lord that fits the best, sometimes in the scenario that are things like "the baron's dungeon is a den of pleasure typical of a worshipper of ..." so I have a name ready when I'm describing the thing.

Thanks for the suggestions!
Yeah just use Graz'zt.

Remove ads