Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Academy Revisited, IC02

Leif

Adventurer
Kerlan, please give me more detail about the placement of your Web, to include things like where the anchor points are, the vertical placement of the webs in relation to the passageway, and stuff like that. :D

OOC: Still waiting for Ty, Man, and Xav to act.

Lou

Explorer
Xavier Zalev AC 14 HP 24/24

Xavier will stay to the back with his crossbow ready, in case a side door opens unexpectiedly.

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Smart, Xavier, smart! Nice to see somebody thinking "outside the spellbook," but no other foes approach, much to Xavier's deep regret.

Capizzio readies his Launch Bolt while Kerlan casts Web, snaring all of the foes.

Attachments

• Whirtlestaffs Hobgoblin Dungeon 0014.xls
    20.5 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
FYI, Capizzio: The well only extends a few inches above the floor, Capizzio, so It probably won't give you any appreciable cover. (It's one brick above the floor, basically, just enough to keep a blind hobgoblin from falling down the well, just in case someone accidentally put Thugler's eyes out. ;) )

}ooc{since this is only one brick high, would it be ok if capizzio is behind Kerlan? }/OOC{

Leif

Adventurer
OOC, Capizzio: It's fine by ME if you're behind Kerlan. He may have something to say about it, though.

One of the hobgoblins says, "Arrr, I should have known -- a bunch of Dwarf lovers!"

From deeper in the passageway, a voice answers in Dwarvish, "Aye, we hear you, lad. Webs? What webs?" And then as the Dwarves approach the room, "Oh, THOSE webs!"

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Surprise!

And then, suddenly, just as it appears that the wizards have everything well in-hand, another foe bursts into the room: a grubby-looking goblin wench casting a spell! Three darts of shimmering arcane energy streak from her outstretched hand and unerringly strike Tylara for 9 hp of damage. 3d4+3=9

Attachments

• Whirtlestaffs Hobgoblin Dungeon 0015.xls
    20.5 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Yes. Roll initiative, please. Never mind about initiative. I'm going to go ahead and let her make her Magic Missile attack, but then you'll be able to immediately respond, thanks to Xavier's abundance of caution and looking for other foes.;)

The goblin wench sprang into the room and cast Magic Missile at Tylara in her surprise round. (Because that's likely to be the only way she can survive long enough to actually make an attack!)

Last edited:

Remove ads