Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Academy Revisited, IC02

KerlanRayne

Explorer
OOC: Didn't we already cover this stuff?
"Hello. I assume that you are the Minx brothers. My name is Kerlan and we were hoping that you had some information about Orcs in the area. Specifically the White Fist or Crushed Skull orcs. We have been sent by Lord Kyle to deal with the threat that they pose. Can you help us?"
"Now, to find the White Fist Orcs, what you want to do is to go south of the Quail River into the Gaskar Hills. In fact, just about 15-20 miles to the east of where we are now should put you very nearly directly north of their home. So, then, from this position, if you travel about 12-15 more miles to the east and then turn due south, you should be on a heading that will take you right to them in about, oh, say, 35 or 40 miles south of the Quail River."[/color]
OOC: I think they are repeating themselves.

"Now, in light of these new facts, allow us to reconsider the egg deal, please?"
"Reconsider? Sure, what did you have in mind?"

"As I said before, we have been sent by Lord Kyle to deal with both of the tribes. Your directions to the White Fist Orcs are very much appreciated. If you could maybe narrow down where the Crushed Skull orcs have been sighted, it would also be very helpful. In the forest? North, South, East or West?"

Leif

Adventurer
Garsen Minx

"We are prepared to accept your offer of 20% of the total price that we obtain for selling the eggs. And, about the Crushed Skull orcs, they are not often seen on the surface, and when they are it is generally only for a short time during a raid against outlying settlements. These generally are near Pembrose, since that's where the choicest pickings are, but now and then we have heard of forays by the Crushed Skull band as far as the next settlement to the north."

[ooc: if they repeated themselves it's because their questioner repeated himself. :p]

KerlanRayne

Explorer
"We are prepared to accept your offer of 20% of the total price that we obtain for selling the eggs. And, about the Crushed Skull orcs, they are not often seen on the surface, and when they are it is generally only for a short time during a raid against outlying settlements. These generally are near Pembrose, since that's where the choicest pickings are, but now and then we have heard of forays by the Crushed Skull band as far as the next settlement to the north."
"Settlement to the North? I assume that you mean Bostwick. We have heard about it but not visited it yet."

"Well, since everything is settled we shall begin setting up camp for the night. It's getting late. Would you care to join us for dinner? I have other minor things to talk about."

Kerlan begins setting up camp. During dinner, he asks about a few of the rumors they heard after defeating the Ogres. He asks about Larin Karr, the "Birds of Prey," The Wyrm of Quail Valley aka Larentiss, and a witch living in the forest.

You can just summarize the info instead of having the two brothers bounce back and forth while talking. ;)

Leif

Adventurer
Borden (blue) and Garsen (green) Minx

"Settlement to the North? I assume that you mean Bostwick. We have heard about it but not visited it yet."

"Well, since everything is settled we shall begin setting up camp for the night. It's getting late. Would you care to join us for dinner? I have other minor things to talk about."

Kerlan begins setting up camp. During dinner, he asks about a few of the rumors they heard after defeating the Ogres. He asks about Larin Karr, the "Birds of Prey," The Wyrm of Quail Valley aka Larentiss, and a witch living in the forest.

You can just summarize the info instead of having the two brothers bounce back and forth while talking. ;)
"Yes, yes, Bostwick is the name of the town, thank you!" [OOC: DM's Brain Cramp] "Larin Karr, now there's a name I've not heard for a long time. Last I heard he was dead. He was a wizard like you fellows. Well, not like you fellows, because his heart was as black as his skin -- he was Drow, you know. Yes, the world is much better off without Mr. Larin Karr."

Then Borden speaks up, "I'm not so sure that I'd take the news of his death to heart so easily. Villains with as much power as Larin Karr had, HAS, are bound to have a few tricks up their sleeve to cheat death at least once."

Garsen then continues, "Yes, well, I guess you're right, Borden, but I've heard several times that he was dead, and I certainly haven't seen him around lately, have you?? Anyway, back to your questions: The Birds of Prey are a band of adventurers like yourselves in the Valley. I have not seen them for some time, either. Larentiss is real. A witch, a witch, I don't know. Borden, do you suppose they mean Old Sascha??"

THREAD CLOSED! Post replies here:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/playin...rds-academy-revisited-ic-3-a.html#post4877247
(Don't worry, this post is re-copied there, too, minus Kerlan's quote, that is.)

Last edited:

Remove ads