Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Academy Revisited, IC02

Leif

Adventurer
Borden (blue) and Garsen (green) Minx

Garsen says, "Young typically fetch in the neighborhood of $3,000 gp each. Eggs could command an even higher price than that, but there is much more danger of damaging or destroying an egg during transport, thus, the higher price for our services. It's not going to be an easy thing to carry even ONE egg all the way to Pembrose without damaging it, let alone THREE, like you fellows have there. Of course, in Pembrose, Borden and I can probably get more for them than a mob of magicians can, so even after our fee is paid, you'll still be getting more money than you would if you tried to sell them yourselves." ;)

Last edited:

KerlanRayne

Explorer
"Yes, you are perfectly welcome to share our hospitality tonight. Borden sears a pretty mean roe steak, too, and we had a particularly successful hunt recently.
"Why thank you for your hospitality."
As to the Owlbear eggs, we might be convinced to act as your agent/salesmen in Pembrose while you are gone. ... We will, then take our 35% commission from the price"
Of course, in Pembrose, Borden and I can probably get more for them than a mob of magicians can, so even after our fee is paid, you'll still be getting more money than you would if you tried to sell them yourselves."
"I think you underestimate us."
Capizzio looks to Kerlin and says, "I don't know, what do you think, 20%?"
"Yes, I agrere. 20% sounds more fair to me."

renau1g

First Post
Xavier taps his feet impatiently. Bartering was not his forte and he was more apt to just take their offer, but he knew better than to argue with Kerlan or Capizzio so he waited for their discussion to end.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Capizzio now lets Kerlan and the twins contiue the batering as he has nothing to add to the ability...as a child, he simply stole the food he needed! but that is another life in times past....

Leif

Adventurer

Garsen says, "We are not about to haggle over the price with you. You have apparently mistaken us for common merchants, which, I assure you, we are not. If you wish to obtain the service for less gold, then I recommend that you do it yourselves, but then you will be without our contacts in Pembrose and our expertise in these matters."

[sblock=DM's eyes only]ate L L S[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Tylara

After impatiently tapping her foot for most of the negotiations, Tylara finally explodes. "Gods! Give them the bloody eggs. We have important work to do. I'll not waste a week playing egg-maid to those aberrant mis-begotten things. Just take the offer and be done with it."

Leif

Adventurer

"Now, we'll get to Pembrose and take care of the matter as soon as we're able, but, tell us, what is the purpose of your arrival at our door? Are you just fledgling egg merchants, or was there some other matter that required a ranger's expertise?f" says Garsen.

Borden, having finished his bite of food, responds to his brother, "Oh, Garsen, they didn't want anything! Theyre just out picking wild herbs and berries, the way wizard-folk do, you know. Why, look at these two lovely elven maidens! The rest of them could not be up to any serious manly business with those two along to get in the way!"

Scotley

Hero
Tylara

The elf controls her fury at being dismissed so lightly with considerable effort of will. Her fingers involuntarily spasm into the first few gestures required for burning hands. "Our purpose in visiting you rustics was to garner information about the location and disposition of local humanoid tribes in preparation for our dealing with the threat they represent. I am beginning to suspect that wild herbs and berries are more abundant than intelligence in these environs."

Leif

Adventurer

"Careful there, Borden! These are not the usual run of split-tails that you deal with! Now, in light of these new facts, allow us to reconsider the egg deal, please? As far as humanoids, well, that's right up our street! We know of at least one orc tribe on the surface in the valley, and at least one other that lives below the surface. Those on the surface are the White Fist band, a fairly small tribe, and not so threatening. We have allowed them to remain here, thinking that if they occupy the space then that will encourage more troublesome orcs to just keep on traveling and settle elsewhere."

Borden, wisely, keeps his mouth shut for once.

Last edited:

Remove ads