Adventure: Echoes of O

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Raiyek raises an eyebrow at Rabbit's request, and then at Marley's response. What does all that gibberish even mean? I don't think I'll ever understand that.

"Are we ready, then? I agree with Les - it would be best to be out of the slums before dark. Also, we don't know who or what may have disturbed Rebekkah's ... dwelling ... so the sooner we get there the less chance there is that any remaining evidence is destroyed." Raiyek mentally adds, If there even is any evidence left after six weeks. The odds are not with us, here.

[sblock=OOC]Does anyone need to do any short rest stuff before we go? *nudge nudge* Rabbit ;)[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Oh, yeah - I'm used to short rests just happening automatically the minute the fight's over.

I'll spend 2 healing surges, bringing me to full HP, unless someone still has an Inspiring Word or anything to spend on me, in which case I'll just spend one.

EDIT: just took the one, with a +2 from Les. Updated my stat block.
[/sblock]

[sblock=7 Rabbit stat block]7 Rabbit- Male Dwarf Warlock 1
Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 16
AC:15 (17 vs. OA), Fort:14, Reflex:14, Will:13 -- Speed:5
HP:26/30, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:7/10
Initiative -1
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: used
Powers: Dire Radiance, Eldritch Blast, Diabolic Grasp, Armor of Agathys
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Don Incognito

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I'm going to need a marching order, eventually.[/sblock]

Marley bids you farewell, but not before giving you a vague physical description of Rebekkah; pale skin, long black hair. With Ash's guidance, the party moves through the streets, passing slums and brothels, warehouses and buildings long since abandoned. Despite their speed, twilight has begun to set upon Daunton as the party reaches the Northharrow bridge. The bridge was built to traverse a creek that has long since dried up, and a wall blocks the northern side, so going under the bridge from the south is your only option.

Map

[sblock=OOC]Okay, please place yourself somewhere along the southern edge of the map, no more than two squares north of the bottom edge. No one can take any actions until everyone is placed. The brightest squares have candles lit in their vicinity. Next to those are the yellow squares, which have normal vision due to the candlelight. The gray is dim light, and the dark gray is darkness. The spaces with brown spots indicate habitation; trash, various pieces of cloth assembled into makeshift beds, refuse, and the like. Squares cluttered like so are considered difficult terrain.[/sblock]

Last edited:

JoeNotCharles

First Post
7 Rabbit keeps to the shadows, which seem to cling close to him as he moves, despite his gaudy armour.

[sblock=OOC]
I'll start in C9. You didn't ask for initiative, but here it is anyway: 19. What a waste of a natural 20! (That's 21 with the +2 from Les.)

(Notice I updated the post above about healing.)

Oh, anybody want a light? I'm carrying sunrods, but I guess our new rogue might want to keep some shadows around.
[/sblock]

[sblock=7 Rabbit stat block]7 Rabbit- Male Dwarf Warlock 1
Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 16
AC:15 (17 vs. OA), Fort:14, Reflex:14, Will:13 -- Speed:5
HP:26/30, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:7/10
Initiative -1
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: used
Powers: Dire Radiance, Eldritch Blast, Diabolic Grasp, Armor of Agathys
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]
I'm going to need a marching order, eventually.
I think Raiyek would gravitate towards the front, but if we'd prefer him somewhere else that's fine too.
Okay, please place yourself somewhere along the southern edge of the map, no more than two squares north of the bottom edge. No one can take any actions until everyone is placed. The brightest squares have torches lit in their vicinity. Next to those are the yellow squares, which have normal vision due to the torchlight. The gray is dim light, and the dark gray is darkness. The spaces with brown spots indicate habitation; trash, various pieces of cloth assembled into makeshift beds, refuse, and the like. Squares cluttered like so are considered difficult terrain.
Some questions: is the map 5ft per square? Seems like some pretty dim torches, and small beds and such, but maybe I'm just looking at it wrong. According to the PHB, these torches are about as bright as candles :p

Also, am I right in thinking that this whole area is basically the flat, dried up creek bed underneath the bridge? Out of curiosity, which way does the bridge go? (ie. it's attached to the ground at the top and bottom of the map, or whatever.)
Edit: Upon rereading your description, it seems the bridge goes east to west. So, with the north walled off, we're basically standing at the mouth of a little urban cave.[/sblock]As the group marches to the bridge, Raiyek tries to strike up a little conversation. "I think our best chance here is if she had friends who stayed here too. Any sort of physical clues are likely to be long gone after six weeks, so I think we should try to find more people who knew Rebekkah and talk to them. Does that sound good?"
[sblock=OOC2]Initiative: 1d20+2+2=16. Don't forget the +2 from Les, everyone. ;) (Have I mentioned that I love warlords? :D)

I'll start at B9, in the glory of the light! (Well... sort of.) I have low-light vision, so I should be OK without additional light. I'll leave that part up to the rest of you.[/sblock]
[sblock=Raiyek stats]Raiyek Meliam - Male Elf Paladin (Palladys) 1
Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 18; Low-light vision
AC:20, Fort:15, Reflex:16, Will:15 -- Speed:6
HP:26/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges Left:10/11
Resist 5 poison
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used
Powers
Valiant Strike, Holy Strike, Divine Challenge, Lay on Hands (3/3)
Piercing Smite, Channel Divinity, Elven Accuracy, Hunter's Quarry
Paladin's Judgment
Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Raiyek gain a +1 bonus to Perception.[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock= OOC]
I'll be to the right of the palley at e9, unless told otherwise from the group. I'm open to suggestions to where I need to be located since this is my first "outdoor" encounter. (kruk's a noob :))

initiative roll = 18

[/sblock]

[sblock=stat block]
Kruk- Male Dwarf Fighter 1
Passive Insight 12 Passive Perception 12; Senses low light vision
HP 31 Bloodied 15 Surge Value 7; Surges Per-Day 12
AC 18+1=19 Fortitude 16 Reflex 10 Will 12 Speed 5

+ 5 poison
Resist 5 fire and resist 5 necrotic (armor)

action Points:1, Second Wind: not used

Powers
At will: cleave, reaping strike
Encounter: spinning sweep
Daily: brute strike
[/sblock]

Last edited:

PierceSG

First Post
[sblock=OOC] I'm not sure whether to roll for stealth too or not but I'm still going to. :) [/sblock]

Ashurn stays in the shadows(D9), keeping himself quiet while unsheathing his dagger and taking a shuriken with his left hand.

[sblock=Rolls]
Initiative 18
Stealth 18
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stat Block]
Ashurn Dhara (Ash)
Passive Insight: 11, Passive Perception: 15
Senses
: Normal, Speed: 6, Size: Medium
HP: 24/24, Bloodied: 12
Surges/Day: 7, Surge value: 6
AC: 16, Fortitude: 12, Reflex: 17, Will: 14
Action Point(s): 1, Second Wind: Available

Powers:
Sly Flourish
Deft Strike
Piercing Strike

Positioning Strike
Trick Strike
*Sneak Attack: +2d8 against target I've combat advantage with.
*Weapon Focus - Light Blades: +1 feat bonus to damage roll on attacks with light blades.
[/sblock]

Remove ads