• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: Echoes of O

Dawn Raven

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Initiative: 25 So that’s 2 20’s for initiative?
Les will stand in B10 behind Raiyek. I love cannon fodder >.>
[/sblock]
You’re most likely right.” The gith’s bronzed hair glitters in the low candlelight and she looks around as her companions spread out to investigate the area. “Six weeks is a long time, especially in the slums. I bet that everything Rebekkah owned was gone the day she disappeared. Let us see if we can find someone to talk too.

[sblock=StatBlock]
[FONT=&quot]
Les Ghentel- Female Githyanki Warlord 1
Passive Perception: 9, Passive Insight: 9
AC:16, Fort:15, Reflex:13, Will:13 -- Speed:6
HP: 19/24, Bloodied:12, Surge Value:6, Surges left:8/8
Initiative +5
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Commander's Strike, Viper's Strike, Warlord's Favor, Telekinetic Leap Bastion of Defense, Special: Inspiring Word x2[/FONT]
[/sblock]

Don Incognito

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Speak of the devil! I've taken note of your initiative rolls, even though combat hasn't TECHNICALLY begun yet. So no need to roll again or take actions. Yet.[/sblock]

You enter the area under the bridge, and notice some more signs of habitation, although there is only one living figure that you can see. Due to its proximity to the shadows, you can't quite make out who or what it is, although it appears to be vaguely humanoid in shape.

[sblock=Raiyek, Seven Rabbit, and Kruk]Your vision lets you see the figure in slightly more detail. It is indeed a medium humanoid, dressed in tattered white rags and with long black hair. It is facing the northern wall, so you cannot see its face.
[sblock=Raiyek only]You notice that its skin is unusually pale; far TOO pale. From its figure you surmise that it is female.[/sblock][/sblock]

Map

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Raiyek seems like he was about to respond to Les, but he just closes his mouth as they get to the bridge. His brow furrows as he looks at the figure under the bridge. "Wait ... something's not right here ..." he whispers to his companions. He readies his shield, and then with his hand on the hilt of his sword, ready to draw at a moment's notice, he calls out to the figure and takes a step forward. "Hail! Who goes there?"
[sblock=OOC]Haha, I've always wanted to say that :p And thanks for the reminder about the shield.
Also, I'd like to move forward to B8 if I can.
[sblock=DM only]Some checks to see if she/it is possibly undead or ... something else.
Religion: 1d20+5=19; Nature: 1d20+5=20. Wow, I better still have some of these rolls left if/when combat starts!

Also ... MAN I love +10 Perception :D[/sblock][/sblock]
[sblock=Raiyek stats]Raiyek Meliam - Male Elf Paladin (Palladys) 1
Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 18; Low-light vision
AC:20, Fort:15, Reflex:16, Will:15 -- Speed:6
HP:26/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges Left:10/11
Resist 5 poison
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used
Powers
Valiant Strike, Holy Strike, Divine Challenge, Lay on Hands (3/3)
Piercing Smite, Channel Divinity, Elven Accuracy, Hunter's Quarry
Paladin's Judgment
Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Raiyek gain a +1 bonus to Perception.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Don Incognito

First Post
The creature, whatever it is, does not respond. Raiyek cannot identify what the creature under the bridge is, exactly. It doesn't appear to have the aura or any call signs of being undead, but it doesn't seem natural, either; no being should have skin that pale, humanoid or no.

dimsdale

First Post
Speak of the devil! I've taken note of your initiative rolls, even though combat hasn't TECHNICALLY begun yet. So no need to roll again or take actions. Yet.

[sblock=OOC]
haha...we're all wanting to scrap again.

Kruk moves to E8 to get a better look at the mystery guest if he can. If not, he'll stay where he's at with his great axe gripped tightly in his hands, ready to attack if necessary.
[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Raiyek once again whispers to his companions. "That ... thing isn't natural. I don't know what it is, but I have a feeling it's not good." He takes another few cautious steps forward, trying to get a better look. He gives the area a quick scan to see if anything else is out of the ordinary.
[sblock=OOC]Perception: 26.

Is it just me, or is anyone else getting premonitions of some horrible grinning mockery of a person trying to eat us all or something similarly horrific?? [/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
7 Rabbit also peers at the creature, hand on his war club, racking his brains for all the tales of underworld denizens he's heard.

[sblock=Roll]
Arcana 11 to identify the unnatural creature. Pfft. I also get +2 to monster knowledge checks involving undead, in case Raiyek was wrong about that.
[/sblock]

Don Incognito

First Post
Seven Rabbit's examinations yield little results. Although he is unable to determine the origin of the creature, he's positive that it is not undead; it would have attacked by now if it were.

Kruk inches forward, and is able to pick up a few more details. Although the thing's rags are coated in dirt and grime, the skin is unusually clean. Any spot or blemish would surely show itself upon the creature's bone-white skin. In a flash of insight, Kruk realizes that the creature bears a striking resemblence to the description of Rebekkah that Marley gave him not long ago.

Map

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Has Raiyek noticed any signs of life whatsoever from "Rebekkah"? Any movement, breathing, noise, anything. I'm starting to think she/it might be a statue (or she's been petrified).[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads