Adventure: Echoes of O

PierceSG

First Post
Ashurn tightens his grip as the 'Rebekkahs' leaps out from the shadows. His kunckles turning white and cold sweat wets his brow. "Heh, guess Marley would love to have multiple Rebekkahs." thinks Ashurn inwardly as he brace himself for the inevitable combat.

Dawn Raven

First Post
Les moves forward, not wanting the dwarven warlock to take the brunt of any assault. As she does so, she notices one of the monster's look her way. She takes advantage of the opportunity to point this out to Raiyek. "Elf! Next to you, hit it low."

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Commander's Strike, Raiyek against B6. +3 damage.
Move: Move to B8
Minor: None for now
[/sblock]

[sblock=StatBlock]
[FONT=&quot]]Les Ghentel – Female Githyanki Warlord 1
Passive Insight 9 | Passive Perception 9
AC 16 | Fort 15 | Ref 13 | Will 13
HP: 19/24 Bloodied: 12| Surges: 8/8 | AP: 1 | Second Wind: Not used
Effects
Combat Leader: +2 Initiative
+2 Charm Saves
Tactical Presence

Powers:
Commander’s Strike
Viper’s Strike
Inspiring Word 2/2 [per encounter]
Warlord’s Favor
Telekinetic Leap
Bastion of Defense[/FONT]
[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
As Les pushes past him, 7 Rabbit calls, "Do not worry about me - I have dealt with the dead before, and these things are close!" He raises his obsidian war club and chants in a strange language,

[sblock=Magari]
Clad in the armour of the stars I face my enemies!
The paths of the stars mark a destiny I must fulfill!
As the stars burn in the void, I burn with the flame of destiny!
My enemies will feel the void as I burn!

[/sblock]

Cold, pale light erupts from his skin, seeping through the cracks in his armour and bathing his face in an unearthly glow which, somehow, illuminates nothing. He wades into the thick of the enemy, war club swinging from side to side.

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Armor of Agathys (gain 13 thp, enemies starting their turn adjacent to me take 1d6+4 cold damage
Move: Move to [target square]
Minor: Warlock's Curse on [target enemy]

If B6 is still alive and unbloodied after Les's attack, target square is B7 and target enemy is B6.

Otherwise, target square is D5 and target enemy is E4. (To get there I'll move straight ahead to C6 and then D5, which should only trigger one OA from B6.) In this case I'll also gain concealment from Shadow Walk since I've moved 3 squares.
[/sblock]

[sblock=7 Rabbit stat block]7 Rabbit- Male Dwarf Warlock 1
Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 16
AC:15 (17 vs. OA), Fort:14, Reflex:14, Will:13 -- Speed:5
HP:26/30 + 13 thp, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:7/10
Initiative -1
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Dire Radiance, Eldritch Blast, Diabolic Grasp, Armor of Agathys
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Raiyek shakes his head to try to clear it when Les tells him of the opening, but he's still in shock from seeing the thing clearly. By the time he swings the opening is long gone. His head starts to clear, though, enough for him to call to his allies. "D-don't worry about me for now, I can handle myself. Take care of yourselves!"
[sblock=OOC]Commander's strike: 1d20+6=7. Dang, that sucks. Sorry Raven :(

You all can feel free to do listen to Raiyek or not, he's just being the selfless defender. ;) He should be OK for a round or two, I think.[/sblock]
[sblock=Raiyek stats]Raiyek Meliam - Male Elf Paladin (Palladys) 1
Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 18; Low-light vision
AC:20, Fort:15, Reflex:16, Will:15 -- Speed:6
HP:26/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges Left:10/11
Resist 5 poison
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used
Powers
Valiant Strike, Holy Strike, Divine Challenge, Lay on Hands (3/3)
Piercing Smite, Channel Divinity, Elven Accuracy, Hunter's Quarry
Paladin's Judgment
Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Raiyek gain a +1 bonus to Perception.[/sblock]

Don Incognito

First Post
At Les' command, Raiyek lashes out at the darkness, hoping to hit one of the skulking things. Despite its lethargic movement speed, it nimbly dodges the elf's attack. 7 Rabbit wraps himself in a pale light and advances toward his foes.

One of the things moves from the shadows to the light, its neck periodically spasming as it advances on Kruk. It opens its mouth and lets loose a cacophonous howl.

Kruk's mind is assaulted with memories and half-forgotten dreams. He feels the rough rope binding his hands and feet, feels the cold floor touching his soft, exposed flesh. He can't see anything, no, they were sure to cover her face in a bag when he was taken. Taken? When was he taken? Where is he? But of the memories being injected into Kruk's mind, there is one overwhelming feeling: pain. Pain like none he has ever experienced before. It is as if thousand of ghostly hands are reaching inside him and squeezing each and every one of his internal organs at once. As if every fiber of his being was being ripped apart, and even the tiniest piece of him that is torn out sents ripples of pain throughout his body, throughout his mind, throughout his soul. It is only a brief memory, a split second of reality suddenly remembered in a flash of insight, and then it is gone (G7 moves to F8, hits Kruk with Stir of Echoes for 10 psychic damage. It tries to push him to Kruk to E7, but it can't, because Kruk is a dwarf and is stubborn like that).

MAP

INITIATIVE
Dawn Raven 19/24: 25
JNC 26/30 (13): 19
G7 (scream used): 19
Pierce: 18<<Your Turn!
Dimsdale 21/31: 18
E6: 18
B6: 17
Sessadore 26/27: 16
A7: 12
E4: 12
A4 (scream used): 8

[sblock=OOC]Next is Pierce, then Kruk. Keep in mind that the brown spots are difficult terrain. The pink thing represents JNC's curse, because JNC is flamboyantly dressed and pink suits him. Keep in mind that Pierce's attacks against the...whatever they are...take a -2 penalty while they are standing in the light gray squares, and a -5 penalty for being in the dark gray squares, due to the darkness and whatnot. Same goes for Les. Raiyek, Rabbit, and Kruk ignore the -2 for having special magic visiony thingies, but still have to deal with the -5.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Two things:
First, we could really, really use a sunrod. I would do it, but I don't actually have any hands free, I'm pretty surrounded, and I go last out of all of us. We really should have done that right off the bat too ...

Second, I believe Les wanted to be in C8, and Rabbit wanted to be in B7. In other words, Les should be 1sq right and Rabbit 1sq left.[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Oops, I was wrong with Les. My bad.

JNC did say he wanted to be in B7 though. :p B6 is alive (or whatever) and unbloodied, right? It should only cost him 3 squares to get there... [/sblock]

Last edited:

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Yeah, the point of my movement was to put myself adjacent to as many of them as possible so they take damage next turn.

On my next turn I can use a sunrod if nobody else has.
[/sblock]

Remove ads