Adventure: Echoes of O

PierceSG

First Post
[sblock=Regarding F9]I believe it should be F8 from what I read?[/sblock]

With haste, Ashurn moves towards one of the grim beings that just screamed at Kruk, [F10] with a feint attack to its right and with a flash of movement, buries the dagger into the left rib of the Rebekkah-thing.

[sblock=Roll: Sly Flourish vs AC]28 vs AC, 12 damage + 6 sneak attack damage[/sblock]

Last edited:

Don Incognito

First Post
[sblock=OOC]In order to flank F9 with Kruk, you need to be in either F10, G10 or G9. You only provoke an AoO for LEAVING a threatened square, not entering one. Good rolls, though; I'll let you keep them as long as you end your movement in one of the three abovementioned squares[/sblock]

Dawn Raven

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Yup, I'm in the right spot. I would pull a sunrod but...two-handed weapon. Oh and I also am the ONLY adventurer without an adventurer's pack. Yea, eat that!
[/sblock]

Don Incognito

First Post
Ash lunges with his dagger and it connects. Or does it? It's hard to tell; the blade definitely hit something, but it didn't feel like flesh. Nonetheless, the creature reacts, its arms spasming so fast that they are a blur of movement. Even though the creature is standing right next to you, its outline seems blurry (attack hits, F9 is bloodied. Kruk is up).

Map

INITIATIVE
Dawn Raven 19/24: 25
JNC 26/30 (13): 19
G7 (scream used, 18 damage, bloodied): 19
Pierce: 18
Dimsdale 21/31: 18<<Your Turn!
E6: 18
B6: 17
Sessadore 26/27: 16
A7: 12
E4: 12
A4 (scream used): 8

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk, after taking a crushing mind attack, regains his focus. He moves to f8 in order to flank the foe at f9. He swings his mighty axe.

[sblock=attack]
movement: to f8
attack: reaping strike: 1d20+7+2 = 11, most likely a miss but 4 points damage none the less if it's a miss If it is a hit: damage roll: 16

marks foe at f9
[/sblock]

[sblock=stat block]

Kruk- Male Dwarf Fighter 1
Passive Insight 12 Passive Perception 12; Senses low light vision
HP 31 Bloodied 15 Surge Value 7; Surges Per-Day 12
AC 18+1=19 Fortitude 16 Reflex 10 Will 12 Speed 5
+ 5 poison
Resist 5 fire and resist 5 necrotic (armor)
action Points:1, Second Wind: not used
Powers
At will: cleave, reaping strike
Encounter: spinning sweep
Daily: brute strike
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Don Incognito

First Post
Kruk swings his axe at the thing that assaulted his mind, and although the attack did not hit as well as he had hoped, the creature's outline blurs even further (reaping strike misses, deals 4 damage. Target is marked and bloodied).

One of the Rebekkahs shambles toward Raiyek and lashes out at him, scratching at him with fingers of pristine ivory. The attacks somehow find their way past the paladin's armor and draw blood (E6 moves to B5, claws at Raiyek and hits for 7).

The horror that 7 Rabbit cursed not a moment ago turns toward him and opens his mouth, letting loose another torrent of chirps and squeaks. The dwarf suddenly remembers hearing odd chanting from a deep, throaty voice. But the pain is (was?) too great to recognize any of the words. His throat is hoarse from screaming; he's been screaming ever since they took him. They took him? They didn't take him, did they? The creature looks a bit confused; its assault should have pushed the dwarf, and though it clearly had an effect, the dwarf is standing his ground. Undeterred, the creature steps from the shadows to the dim light to tower over the reeling dwarf. (Stir of Echoes hits Seven Rabbit for 6 psychic damage, fails to push him, then it moves to C7).

Map

INITIATIVE
Dawn Raven 19/24: 25
JNC 26/30 (7): 19
G7 (scream used, 18 damage, bloodied): 19
Dimsdale 21/31: 18
B5: 18
C6 (scream used, cursed): 17
Sessadore 19/27: 16<<Your Turn!
A7: 12
E4: 12
A4 (scream used): 8

[sblock=OOC]Apparently I don't know the flanking rules as well as you guys do. Also, my NPCs roll CRAZY well. Go figure. Sessadore's up.[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Raiyek seems to finally have himself under control. Determined now to make up for his lapse of self control, he moves himself into the midst of the monstrosities. This is going to hurt ... But Palladys is my guide. He roars at his enemies, eyes glowing as the power of his goddess fills him again. The golden flame once again leaps from his blade as he plunges it towards ivory skin. "May the gods have mercy on you!" he yells at one of the other creatures. "We need some light! They might not bleed, but, by Palladys, we can still vanquish them." The paladin then steels himself for the inevitable counterattack.
[sblock=Actions]Move: shift to B6.
Standard: Piercing Smite on C7: 1d20+6=7 vs. Reflex, 2d8+3=19 damage. Burning Elven Accuracy to reroll attack roll: 1d20+6=22 vs. Reflex. Much better. :)
Assuming that's a hit, C7, A7, and B5 are all marked by me until the end of my next turn.
Minor: Divine Challenge on A7, overwriting the mark from Piercing Smite.

As long as your monsters don't roll as well as covaithe's, we're OK ;)[/sblock]
[sblock=Raiyek stats]Raiyek Meliam - Male Elf Paladin (Palladys) 1
Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 18; Low-light vision
AC:20, Fort:15, Reflex:16, Will:15 -- Speed:6
HP:19/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges Left:10/11
Resist 5 poison
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used
Powers
Valiant Strike, Holy Strike, Divine Challenge, Lay on Hands (3/3)
Piercing Smite, Channel Divinity, Elven Accuracy, Hunter's Quarry
Paladin's Judgment
Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Raiyek gain a +1 bonus to Perception.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Don Incognito

First Post
Raiyek's attack hits the creature, who's outline is now blurred (hits, C6 is bloodied).

The creature that Raiyek had challenged turns to him and unleashes its scream, and this time the elf's mind feels the full force of it. He remembers being cold and wet and alone, so very alone. And in pain. So much pain. The Rebekkah-thing skulks from the dim shadows to the light of the candle (A7 Stir of Echoes hits, Raiyek takes 7 and is pushed to C5, A7 shifts to A8. Raiyek is bloodied).

Another of the things moves from the dim light to the shadows as it flanks Raiyek, lashing out to scratch him. Raiyek sees the attack coming, however, and is able to block with his shield (E4 moves to D5, attacks and misses Raiyek).

The origional Rebekkah, the one who was seen standing in the corner to begin with, steps through the shadows, walks through its double (literally, through it), and tries to slash out at 7 Rabbit. Because he is surrounded, Rabbit is unable to avoid the attack, and the creature's pristine fingers are now stained with red blood (A4 moves to C6 for the flank, and hits him for 6).

Map

INITIATIVE
Dawn Raven 19/24: 25<<Your turn!
JNC 26/30 (1): 19
F9 (scream used, 18 damage, bloodied, marked by Kruk): 19
Dimsdale 21/31: 18
B5 (marked by Raiyek): 18
C7 (scream used, cursed, bloodied, marked by Raiyek): 17
Sessadore 12/27: 16
A8 (challenged by Raiyek, scream used): 12
D5: 12
C6 (scream used): 8

[sblock=OOC]That wasn't too bad, was it? I'm sure you guys have got this. Raven is up, followed by JNC. Also, you may have noticed little colored squares. Red means bloodies, blue means marked, pink means cursed, teal means super-Raiyek marked.[/sblock]

Remove ads