Adventure: Echoes of O

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk, watching the rogue in action as he eliminates, not one but two foes, briefly nods his head in approval. Wish though I had the chance to finish off the one who attacked me...just then a light flashes behind him. He turns to see that there are more of them, two of which are flanking the palley! "Not for long!" Kruk, side-stepping the rubble, charges to C6 with the intent of attacking multiple targets, starting with the one at D5. With a might roar he swings his axe "AAAAGGGGHHHHHHHHH!"

[sblock=attack]
movement: move to C6
attack: Cleave: attack roll 1d20+7= 22 for 1d12+4 = 8 points damage, plus foe at B5 takes 4 points damage.

kruk marks the thing at D5

[/sblock]

Kruk, finishing his deadly swing, grins at Raiyek "Like Les said, we'll always have each other's back."

[sblock=OOC]
Don I, I believe I was wrong on my first attack stating that I got the advantage of flanking the foe. The foe was already facing me when I moved to attack it. My bad. I didn't hit anyway.
[/sblock]

[sblock=stat block]
Kruk- Male Dwarf Fighter 1
Passive Insight 12 Passive Perception 12; Senses low light vision
HP 31 Bloodied 15 Surge Value 7; Surges Per-Day 12
AC 18+1=19 Fortitude 16 Reflex 10 Will 12 Speed 5
+ 5 poison
Resist 5 fire and resist 5 necrotic (armor)
action Points:1, Second Wind: not used
Powers
At will: cleave, reaping strike
Encounter: spinning sweep
Daily: brute strike
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Don Incognito

First Post
Kruk axe strikes true as he scores a vicious cut across the thing's thigh. His eyes meet up with Raiyek for a brief moment, and the elf nods and takes a small step back, allowing Kruk to continue his swing and score a minor hit on a second creature.

The Rebekkah that Kruk had nicked with his axe opens its mouth and lets out a howl at Raiyek, which catches the elf by suprise. He remembers the pain, of by gods the pain, Marley where are you? Marley? What? (Stir of Echoes hits for 7, Raiyek is pushed to D4).

Raiyek is up.

Map

INITIATIVE
Dawn Raven 19/24: 25
JNC 26/30 (1) (Fate of the Void x1): 19
F9 (dead): 19
Pierce: 18
Dimsdale 21/31:
B5 (marked by Raiyek, 4 damage, scream used): 18
C7 (dead): 17
Sessadore 14/27: 16<<Your Turn!
A8 (challenged by Raiyek, scream used, 19 damage, bloodied): 12
D5 (8 damage, marked by Kruk): 12
C6 (dead): 8

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]No need to apologize, Joe. Since it disappeared like the others, I'm thinking it likely would have done the same if we just 'knocked it out'.

EDIT: I think we can finish them this round. A8 and B5 should only take one more hit, D5 could probably be taken down by a striker in one more hit. If I remember correctly, and assuming they're all the same statistically, I figured out that they only have about 23 hp.

@DM: I'd be really interested to check out their stat blocks - I'm assuming they're a custom monster? Of course, after the adventure probably. I can't figure out what 'role' they're supposed to be either ... maybe controller? Very interesting monsters, in any case.[/sblock]
"Thanks, my friends. And I will have yours," he says with a glint in his eye and a slight smile. Then one of the creatures assaults him again, making his head reel with remembered pain, but not his remembered pain. What terrible thing made her into such monsters? he wonders.

But that's a question for later, he thinks as he grits his teeth against the pain. "Now, let's finish these things. For Palladys!" he shouts as he bounds across the battlefield to smite the creature who blasted him.
[sblock=Actions]Minor: Divine Challenge on B5.
Move: to A4 (C3, B3, A4 so I only take one OA).
Standard: Holy Strike vs. B5: 20 vs. AC, 12 radiant damage.[/sblock]
[sblock=Raiyek stats]Raiyek Meliam - Male Elf Paladin (Palladys) 1
Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 18; Low-light vision
AC:20, Fort:15, Reflex:16, Will:15 -- Speed:6
HP:14/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges Left:9/11
Resist 5 poison
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used
Powers
Valiant Strike, Holy Strike, Divine Challenge, Lay on Hands (3/3)
Piercing Smite, Channel Divinity, Elven Accuracy, Hunter's Quarry
Paladin's Judgment
Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Raiyek gain a +1 bonus to Perception.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dawn Raven

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Raiyek is a str-paladin, right? If so I'd say go with the fullblade or stick with sword/shield. Spear is awesome for cha-based (I feel anyway), but not sure if its as good with Str.
[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Yeah, I'm a Str paladin. I'm leaning towards the fullblade too - besides, then Raiyek would almost match my avatar pic ;) I think I'm going to go with a 2-hander, though. Besides the extra damage (which is awesome), it frees up a hand to whip out a javelin or grab a potion or any of a hundred other things. The hit to AC and Ref could hurt a bit, but it also kind of sucks having both hands fully occupied when you want to do something else.

Oh, that reminds me - if you want to roll the attacks you give Raiyek with commander's strike, go ahead. I don't mind. :)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Don Incognito

First Post
As Raiyek makes his move, one of the creatures lashes out at him with its claws, but the attack bounces harmlessly off of his armor. The elf channels his faith into his weapon, and it strikes true (B5 is bloodied / challenged).

The corned apparition swings its claws violently at Ash, but the rogue nimbly dodges. The thing hisses and moves away from 7 Rabbit, not wanting another dose of his frigid magic (attacks Ash and misses, then shifts to A9).

The final thing turns its head grimly from Raiyek to Kruk, and shambles to get itself into a better position before letting loose a scream. The dwarf's mind is once again filled with memories of pain and torture (D5 moves to D7, uses Stir of Echoes on Kruk, which hits for 5 and fails to push him).

ROUND 2 CONCLUDED

Map

INITIATIVE
Dawn Raven 19/24: 25<<Your Turn!
JNC 26/30 (1) (Fate of the Void x1): 19
F9 (dead): 19
Pierce: 18
Dimsdale 16/31: 18
B5 (challenged by Raiyek, 16 damage, scream used, bloodied): 18
C7 (dead): 17
Sessadore 14/27: 16
A9 (scream used, 19 damage, bloodied): 12
D5 (8 damage, marked by Kruk, scream used): 12
C6 (dead): 8

[sblock=OOC]I can't wait until you guys finish this up; my favorite part is coming up![/sblock]

Dawn Raven

First Post
"Why, come dance with me freaky cave beast." The gith bows to the monster next to her as she slides backwards, her stance lowering herself to the ground. She moves like a snake and lashes out, pouncing, or at least seeming to, at the creature. Her chain snakes out and flies past it, missing.

Or so it seems. Les whips the chain over her shoulder and yanks it back, its steel claws slashing at blurring flesh. "...and that's what it feels like to be keel-hauled. Thanks for the dance." The attack leaves the creature reeling and distracted. If it dares move, Ash has an ideal opening.

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Viper's Strike: 21! Really weak damage rolls though: 9
Move: Shift back one square
Minor: Uhhmm...Sessadore, Dimsdale should I heal one of you or leave the Inspiring Word for whoever gets torn up this next round?
[/sblock]

[sblock=StatBlock]
Les Ghentel- Female Githyanki Warlord 1
Passive Perception: 9, Passive Insight: 9
AC:16, Fort:15, Reflex:13, Will:13 -- Speed:6
HP:19/24, Bloodied:12, Surge Value:6, Surges left:8/8
Initiative +5
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Commander's Strike, Viper's Strike, Warlord's Favor, Telekinetic Leap Bastion of Defense, Special: Inspiring Word x1
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Umm ... honestly, I don't know, Raven. Raiyek has minor action heals with Lay on Hands, but Kruk can 2nd wind as a minor, because he's a dwarf. Do whatever you think best, I guess. On the other hand, you could probably hold it till next round. I think we have a pretty good chance to finish them all off before they act this round.

Oh, and I think you mean that Ash has an opening if thingy shifts, assuming it's not dead. Since Rabbit isn't adjacent to it. ;)[/sblock]

Last edited:

JoeNotCharles

First Post
7 Rabbit points at one opponent, then the next. He seems to be counting in his head. Finally he suddenly spins and opens fire at the one that faces Kruk, then, chuckling, sidles up behind another.

[sblock=Actions]
Minor: Warlock's Curse on D7
Standard: Eldritch Blast at D7: 23 to hit, 13 damage
Move: Shift to A8 so the most wounded enemy is in range of Armor of Agathys
[/sblock]

[sblock=7 Rabbit stat block]7 Rabbit- Male Dwarf Warlock 1
Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 16
AC:15 (17 vs. OA), Fort:14, Reflex:14, Will:13 -- Speed:5
HP:26/30 + 1 thp, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:7/10
Initiative -1
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Dire Radiance, Eldritch Blast, Diabolic Grasp, Armor of Agathys