Adventure: Echoes of O

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk, eyeing his target, swings his axe...but then has to redirect it as the palley dashes in front of him to attack first. From the corner of his eye, he notices the elf's sword flashing towards the thing. With his axe still swinging from the redirect, Kruk decides to let momentum take over "You better move elf because I'm not stopp'n! Like a tornado, kruk rotates faster. While spinning on the balls of his feet he strikes with thunderous force:

[sblock=attack]
reaping strke: roll: 1d20+7 = 21 for 11 points damage
[/sblock]

His axe practically splits the thing in two. He turns to the palley. "There, that's how its done! Nicely done elf. The thing didn't know what hit'm."

Kruk sees that the threat is over and his armor slowly turns from a firery red to its original jet black color.

[sblock=ooc]
really raiyek ...I don't think there is any pbp that is going faster than ours. At least give me a chance to hit it one more time :). Although, a tandum attack like the one that just took place must be something
nice to watch. :lol:
[/sblock]

[sblock=stat block]
Kruk- Male Dwarf Fighter 1
Passive Insight 12 Passive Perception 12; Senses low light vision
HP 31 Bloodied 15 Surge Value 7; Surges Per-Day 12
AC 18+1=19 Fortitude 16 Reflex 10 Will 12 Speed 5
+ 5 poison
Resist 5 fire and resist 5 necrotic (armor)
action Points:1, Second Wind: not used
Powers
At will: cleave, reaping strike
Encounter: spinning sweep
Daily: brute strike
[/sblock]

Last edited:

PierceSG

First Post
As the dual flanking attacks by Raiyek and Kruk hits home, "Very good team they've got there, its my luck to be with them. It would be a good experience for me."

"Great teamwork there!" smiles Ashurn. "Let's hope we didn't smash the last of the thing and might we get some clues on what happened to Rebekkah." Ash sheaths his dagger and put his shuriken away as he walks towards the crumpled form of the Rebekkah. "So, did the scream hurt? I've noticed the few of your expressions."

JoeNotCharles

First Post
7 Rabbit's face is pale. "It hurt, but it was not... our pain. It was the memory of someone else's. I think these creatures themselves were just... memories.

I have never head of anything like this. I need to learn more of the ways of magic in this land!"

[sblock=OOC]
Arcana 13 (14 if I can spend my unused Fate of the Void on this): were those illusions?
[/sblock]

Don Incognito

First Post
Kruk and Raiyek finish off the last of the abominations, and the area underneath the bridge is quiet once more.

A glance towards the entrance reveals that the fight attracted several homeless spectators, but they scatter once the final thing is struck down.

[sblock=7 Rabbit]Those were far too vivid to be illusions.[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Yeah ... sorry dimsdale. I was bored and got impatient. :blush: Actually, it was partly because there was a possibility I would have to get off my butt, so I didn't want to slow down the end of the fight if you missed. Turns out neither part was a concern, so oh well.[/sblock]
Raiyek looks thoughtful for a moment, then nods. "My experiences of the things' screams matches Rabbit's - I remembered excrutiating pain, and wishing Marley would rescue me, and feeling wet and cold and alone. I think Rebekkah was kidnapped and then ... tortured. How long and where I don't know, but I think she was definitely tortured." He pausses for a moment, a shadow falling over his face. "But not every torture victim comes back like ... like this. I don't think her torture was ... conventional." He seems troubled, but doesn't say anything more for the moment.

The elf does scan the area to see if there are any other horrors lurking nearby, or possibly someone who was controlling the Rebekkahs (because of Rabbit's suggestion.)
[sblock=Perception]Perception: 1d20+10=18.
Edit: after reading your mention of homeless spectators, I'd like to give them a scan if I could, as well. I'll throw in Insight for that as well.
Insight: 1d20+8=13. Bah, I suck :([/sblock]

Last edited:

Don Incognito

First Post
[sblock=Raiyek]The area under the bridge shows signs of habitation, but not recent habitation. Whatever you just fought off must have deterred the city's homeless from staying there. Trying to distinguish what rubbish belonged to Rebekkah seems to be a hopeless endeavor.

The myriad of dirty faces that ran off are most likely going to regale the streets with tales of your bravery in pacifying the area; it is once again safe for the homeless to sleep beneath the Northharrow bridge.[/sblock]

The sun has indeed set. You have about an hour of daylight left, and Marley's warning to stay off the streets bears heavy on all of your minds:
"Traveling the streets at night is never a particularly smart idea. I strongly suggest that you go investigate the bridge, then go bring any information you find there to your employer. He is your primary benefactor, after all. Or she, I suppose. You can come see me again in the morning to report your findings."

EDIT: Also of note is that there are no bodies. All of the "Rebekkahs" seem to have simply vanished upon being vanquished.

Last edited:

JoeNotCharles

First Post
"I also heard a deep voice chanting. And a feeling of fear. I had a memory - someone else's memory, I think - of being kidnapped away by some group. I felt sure there were more than one, although I only heard the one voice." 7 Rabbit lapses into silence, pondering, turning the sun rod over and over in his fingers.

[sblock=OOC]
Arcana 19 - ha! Finally a decent Arcana roll!
Might as well try Religion too: 19 again!

Did I recognize the chanting at all?

BTW, there are 4 hours of light left in this rod.
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
No problem Raiyek. I totally understand ;)
[/sblock]

Kruk agrees with 7-Rabbitt and Raiyek's torture testimonies. "I too had visions during the thing's mind attacks. My hands and feet...hers...were bound and cold hands created terrible pain throughout my entire body...pain, far greater than I've never felt before." Kruk shivers as if something cold raced down his spine.

[sblock=actions]
Kruk takes two healing surges for 7 hp each to bring his hp up to 30. If I can't do that now I'll do it when we find shelter for the night
[/sblock]

"Should we find shelter for the night?"

Don Incognito

First Post
[sblock=7 Rabbit]You can't recognize the chanting because you didn't hear enough of it. The memories injected into your mind were a split second long, so you perhaps heard half of one syllable. You are still new to this land, and its rituals somewhat confused you. You've never heard of a ritual that involves a human sacrifice before.[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
"Chanting ... cold hands ..." Raiyek racks his brain to see if he can recall anything from his religious education that might shed some light on what happened to Rebekkah. Unfortunately, he comes up blank.
"Should we find shelter for the night?"
"We will have light from the sunrod for some time yet, and I'm loathe to stop our search now that we know what Rebekkah has been through. But, I fear Kruk may be right. We don't have anything else to follow at the moment, unless anyone has an idea ..." The elf frowns, but seems like he could use some rest, regardless of his feelings.
[sblock=OOC]Religion: 1d20+5=8. Bah, I really suck :(

When we get our rest I'll spend two surges as well, healing 12 hp to put me at 26/27.

I quite enjoyed that fight; I felt a lot more defendery that time :)[/sblock]

Remove ads