Adventure: Echoes of O

Dawn Raven

First Post
Slow steps take Les through the rubbish where she kicks and stirs it about with a boot. Seeing nothing of particular note, she turns back to the others. "I am terribly glad none of them yelled at me then. I have enough bad memories not to add someone else's. My vote is to get out of here and report back to our client. Now. I would take Marley's advice wisely and hurry on our way."

[sblock=OOC]
Wow we move so fast I'm afraid to get lost! Good thing I'm still looking for a job after graduating and can check back here a couple times a day. haha! But so far, Don you are a great DM!
[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
7 Rabbit snaps out of his meditation. "There must be something else to find here," he says. "We should make sure not to miss anything before leaving. Maybe we should spend the night here, in fact? They may return, and we may be able to learn more about them." He pauses, and adds, "Now that we are ready for them."

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
"Hmm... a good idea, Rabbit. But where would we hide to set our ambush?" The elf glances around under the bridge to see if there's any sort of hiding place in the cave. "What do you three think?" he asks, turning to Les, Kruk, and Ash.

Raiyek blances around at the trash strewn about the area. "I wish those people would have stayed around," he says, referring to the homeless who were watching the battle. "I'd have liked to ask them if they knew which area was Rebekkah's."
[sblock=OOC]Is there any sort of rafters or anything that we could possibly sit on if we were to spend the night here? I'd rather not just huddle in the corner. Raiyek is all for the idea of sticking around to see if Rebekkah's tormenters come back; he's feeling quite worried for her at the moment and wants to get to the bottom of this as soon as possible, for her sake. If the rest want to go, though, he'll go.

Edit: In any case, Raiyek will do a thorough search of the area before they leave, just to make sure we don't miss anything. Can you take 20 in 4e, or how would you like to work that?[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post

"I too wish to find the girl as quickly as possible. However, there is no use looking for her now at half strength. I get the feeling that there are tougher foes who stand in our way."

[sblock=OOC]
If we don't find anything with the latest round of perception checks, I agree with Les that we return back to the slumlord and report our findings.
[/sblock]

[sblock=OCC:Observations about the game]

Nice job as well Don I! The adventure has me hooked. Last Sunday I took a group of people to a college basketball game. There were 14,000 fans dressed in orange (the school colors) screaming at the top of their lungs as the home team tied the game with a minute to go. Everyone was on their feet, cheering for the team. Yet, the only thing I could think of was Raiyek...surrounded by three of the "things" and wondering what I was going to do to help him out.

I love this game!

I give myself a failing grade for defending in the last encounter. I should ignored the thing that originally attacked me and jumped into the main group that posed the bigger threat. I'll do better next time. :)
[/sblock]

Don Incognito

First Post
Your latest round of searchings reveal only one thing that is slightly out of place; several tufts of strange brown fur. But Rebekkah has been missing for six weeks; there's no telling how that fur got here or how long it has been here.

There are no rafters in the bridge to speak of.

Keep in mind that Borius (you remember Borius, right?) offered to let you spend the night as his mansion. That is, of course, assuming you can put up with him.

Dawn Raven

First Post
If we really think that we could garner something by staying the night here then I suppose we could...as long as there is someplace to hide. That group of people that just saw us is likely to spread the rumor and it will attract attention. We may have to deal with another of the slum's gangs looking to increase their bravado by taking on the "scary" adventurers or simply just to remove what they see as a threat to them. But staying here is surely better than staying with Borius. I refuse to sleep anywhere near that lech. If we do choose to leave, I have a small flat.."

[sblock]
I think that's the most speaking Les has ever done in one post..
[/sblock]

PierceSG

First Post
Seeing the tufts brown of brown fur, Ash approaches it with his dagger in hand. With the dagger, Ash prods the fur with his weapon. "Hey 'all, look at what I've found. Maybe this is a clue, if anyone knows anything about strange beasts or exotic monsters? " Chuckles Ashurn.

[sblock=OOC] Anyone who can perform a Nature check or whatever applicable? I don't think Ash have any of those trained. :p[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Raiyek picks up the fur and examines it. "What do you think this is from?" he asks the group in general. "I remember seeing some similar fur on the first Rebekkah's clothing. Seems a little odd ..."
"If we are staying, there doesn't seem to be anywhere under the bridge to watch from safety..." Raiyek ponders for a moment, then randomly remembers something from his childhood. "What about on a rooftop?" he says suddenly. Hmm ... perhaps that training is not as useless as it seemed ... maybe I should have paid more attention back then.
[sblock=OOC]Are there buildings nearby whose roofs would give a good view of the area under the bridge?

On the fur, Nature: 19. See if I might know what it came from, whether general or specific. Dang, it's a good thing this is an urban mystery and not out in the woods - I've got the best nature skill at +5![/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads