• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: Echoes of O

Dawn Raven

First Post
Les shifts uncomfortably back and forth, balancing on the balls of her feet. "So...is it alive?" She follows Kruk in approaching the form, stalking closer while trying to appear relatively non-threatening. Her eyes are narrowed with confusion and her steps are unsure, as if she does not know whether approaching is a good idea.

[sblock=OOC]
Short post. Les is confused as hell.
[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Alright, heck with it. I'm going in. Cover me![/sblock]Raiyek gives Rabbit a troubled look, then takes a deep breath. "Well, it's not breathing. I don't know if that means anything ... this is weird. I really hope this isn't Rebekkah..."

Palladys protect me ... I hope I'm not being an idiot here. Raiyek draws his sword and walks forward with purpose. He walks almost right up to the figure, and exclaims (a little louder than he intended), "I said, who goes there?! Speak up, woman!"
[sblock=I'm makin' a move]Draw sword and move up to A4.
Try to get a better look (with the candle light shining on the side of her that I'm looking at ;)): Perception: 19. Guess he's a little shaken. ;)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Don Incognito

First Post
As Raiyek approaches the figure, he notices more details; its skin is smooth and unblemished. There isn't even trace of dirt underneath its fingernails, which is normally a telltale sign of someone living on the streets. In contrast, its rags are covered in dirt, dried blood, stains of vomit, and what appears to be some sort strands of very course fur. The creature does not respond until Raiyek is close enough to touch, at which point it turns to reveal its true horror.

Marley gave you some details of Rebekkah, and from that information, it is obvious that the creature was, at some point, Rebekkah. Pale skin, long black hair, round cheeks, a pointed chin...all of these would make for a beautiful human girl...were it not for her eyes. What were once her eyes are now pools of blackness, dark vortices that seem to draw in the nearby light. The entire upper half of her (if it is indeed a her) face has been molded around the eyes, as if her bone structure were potter's clay. Her eyes are two bowls of shadow, dominating her face and captivating all who gaze into them. The thing's mouth opens, but it is not a scream that rings forth. It is a garbled mishmash of chirps and high-pitch cries of pain. More of the creatures drop from the shadowed ceiling, each identical to Rebekkah, as if they were reflections in some sort of twisted mirror.

[sblock=ooc]Map and initiative orders incoming shortly. I'll just let you guys stew on this one for a while :devil:[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]If Raiyek were me, this is about when he'd start yelling "Oh, crap!"

So, how much do you want to bet that the 'copies' are all the people that have come here since Rebekkah disappeared, who she then killed or ... whatever ... I'm not gonna give you any ideas.

Man ... creepy. Gah.[/sblock]
[sblock=Raiyek stats]Raiyek Meliam - Male Elf Paladin (Palladys) 1
Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 18; Low-light vision
AC:20, Fort:15, Reflex:16, Will:15 -- Speed:6
HP:26/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges Left:10/11
Resist 5 poison
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used
Powers
Valiant Strike, Holy Strike, Divine Challenge, Lay on Hands (3/3)
Piercing Smite, Channel Divinity, Elven Accuracy, Hunter's Quarry
Paladin's Judgment
Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Raiyek gain a +1 bonus to Perception.[/sblock]

Last edited:

JoeNotCharles

First Post
7 Rabbit jumps back about 3 feet. "This should not be!" he cries. "It is alive, but it does not breathe! Or it is dead, but it moves without life-in-death!" He seems to master his panic."Try not to kill it - I need to study it!"

dimsdale

First Post
"By Kragg's beard!...what kind of horror is this!" Kruk screams as he gets ready to charge forward (depending on initiative order of course ;)).

[sblock=OOC]
I'd like to move to D6 if possible before you make your map. If I can't, no problem.
[/sblock]

[sblock=stat block]
Kruk- Male Dwarf Fighter 1
Passive Insight 12 Passive Perception 12; Senses low light vision
HP 31 Bloodied 15 Surge Value 7; Surges Per-Day 12
AC 18+1=19 Fortitude 16 Reflex 10 Will 12 Speed 5
+ 5 poison
Resist 5 fire and resist 5 necrotic (armor)
action Points:1, Second Wind: not used
Powers
At will: cleave, reaping strike
Encounter: spinning sweep
Daily: brute strike
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dawn Raven

First Post
Les takes a hurried step back and cries out, "Twisted! Save them? Seven-Rabbit you are an insane little dwarf. I don't plan on leaving any of these things capable of moving, much less study." The gith spins her chain out of her back, whirling it in spiraling patterns through the air. "Then again, I refuse to attack just because they outnumber us and look hostile...although the moment one of them gets too close I'm going to tear it apart."

[sblock=OOC]
That is truly sick. I love this game.
[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Raiyek's eyes widen in horror. "...," he says. His mouth opens and shuts, but he seems speechless for the first time. "I ...," and then his voice falters again. He seems unable to tear his eyes away from the sight before them.
[sblock=OOC]Yup. I'm just gonna stand there gaping for a minute.

I'm in trouble, aren't I? I'm in trouble ...[/sblock]
[sblock=Raiyek stats]Raiyek Meliam - Male Elf Paladin (Palladys) 1
Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 18; Low-light vision
AC:20, Fort:15, Reflex:16, Will:15 -- Speed:6
HP:26/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges Left:10/11
Resist 5 poison
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used
Powers
Valiant Strike, Holy Strike, Divine Challenge, Lay on Hands (3/3)
Piercing Smite, Channel Divinity, Elven Accuracy, Hunter's Quarry
Paladin's Judgment
Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Raiyek gain a +1 bonus to Perception.[/sblock]

Don Incognito

First Post
Before Raiyek can react, the thing lets out another shriek, this time directing its full might toward the elven paladin. He braces himself behind his shield, but the scream is so powerful, so immense, so unhuman that he feels himself being pushed back by the force of the attack (attacks with Stir of Echoes and misses, pushing Raiyek one square). It then awkwardly staggers a few feet into a more advantageous position, pinning Raiyek between the wall, the refuse, and two of the twisted horrors.

END OF SUPRISE ROUND

INITIATIVE

Dawn Raven: 25<<Your Turn!
JNC: 19
G7: 19
Pierce: 18
Dimsdale: 18
E6: 18
B6: 17
Sessadore: 16
A7: 12
E4: 12