Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Acad. Revisited, OOC02

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Well, since no one else wants to write in the wet cement, I will

any or you all like coffee/ if so, are there any coffee snobs among you?

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Ya know Leif, I've been thinking. don't try to run away screaming in terror at the concept of me thinking either. about the SARGEfish thing. i once worked a job in the air force shere it was our duty to be treated as mushrooms...you know, kept in the dark and fed lots of ... expletive delete ... and since the sarge fish eats nothing but ... expletive delete ... i guess that description does fit. as to what the work was, I cannot not say as if i were to tell you I would have to terminate you with extream discrimination. That is not acceptable at this time.

Leif

Adventurer
Ya know Leif, I've been thinking. don't try to run away screaming in terror at the concept of me thinking either. about the SARGEfish thing. i once worked a job in the air force shere it was our duty to be treated as mushrooms...you know, kept in the dark and fed lots of ... expletive delete ... and since the sarge fish eats nothing but ... expletive delete ... i guess that description does fit. as to what the work was, I cannot not say as if i were to tell you I would have to terminate you with extream discrimination. That is not acceptable at this time.
Hmmm. Could be, indeed. Best not to think about it too hard, though. ;)

Leif

Adventurer
Well, since no one else wants to wrine in the wet cement, I will
any or you all like coffee/ if so, are there any coffee snobs amoung you?
I love coffee! I have some very limited experience with 'Coffee Snobhood' too: A few years ago, I fell for the marketing and signed up to receive sipments of Gevalia coffee. Now, it is good coffee, and has some interesting flavors, but it's just not worth the price and trouble for me.

And my favorite flavor of coffee is, you guessed it, COFFEE FLAVOR! Much more important, in my opinion, is the Skill of the Brewmaster, not the flavor of the coffee. ;)

Lou

Explorer
We drink a lot of coffee. Typically, we drink middle-of-the-road or better hazelnut-flavored coffees from beans ground fresh. Right now, we are out of hazelnut. We are now drinking a Kona-blend. I realize that means one Kona bean per bag.... But it's not bad for the price.

The best coffee we ever had was French roast in Montreal at an international convention. My wife camped out by the coffee for hours(!) just sipping and talking. It was like the first $200 bottle of wine I ever had--smooth without a hint of bitterness.

We have been known to travel with an expresso maker or a coffee maker and cans of sweetened condensed milk. My wife is Vietnamese, so we drink cafe sua. I just cannot drink black coffee.

Leif

Adventurer
That's a very good point, Lou, and one that I forgot to mention: I've been grinding my own coffee beans for several years now. The coffee is ao much fresher and better-tasting that it is not to be believed. And it also takes much less ground coffee to make the same volume of beverage.

But, sorry Lou, I ONLY drink it black. :)

ps-I see that we're Rhun's first two enworld friends on facebook. Guess we're special or something.

Last edited:

Lou

Explorer
I make the coffee black, I just don't drink it that way.

PS-I just deactivated my Facebook account over the new 2/4/09 terms of service. I hate lawyers!

Leif

Adventurer
I make the coffee black, I just don't drink it that way.

PS-I just deactivated my Facebook account over the new 2/4/09 terms of service. I hate lawyers!
I think I remember seeing something about those terms of service, but I've forgotten what they are. Remind me, please? I may have to bug out of there, too.

Remove ads