Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell [Kulan] (OOC [Old Thread])

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
How similar are the normal Orc language and the Orc (Maran) language?
There are some similar words, but the languages are very different. I'd say an orc from Kulan would understand roughly 35 to 40% of what is said in Maran orc.

EDIT:
If you want more details about my other homebrewed world where the hutaakans originated, you should take a look at the following thread: Dark World: A Good vs. Evil Campaign World

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Okay, post edited to include the check. 27!
Your check tells you that harpies are most often found in Temperate climes, especially marshes, and that they attack with claws and have darkvision. They are average fliers but can cover a great deal of distance. Physically, they are not too tough, but they have a powerful song that can captivate the minds of all those that hear it (DC 16 Will save).

Aeron also mentioned something called Rooks. You know that they are similar to harpies, but they are disease ridden and can make a cawing sound that causes fear.

EDIT:
Would you have preferred this info in a SBLOCK?

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
[MENTION=11456]Tailspinner[/MENTION],

I just saw your post. Note that Vananean is an elven language from Maran. It is quite distinct from the elven language of Harqual, however. I would say that your PC would understand roughly 25% of what is said in Elven by Lorien. She has spent enough time with Phar that the two of them can converse in Elven with 75% understanding. (Phar has learned some of the words from the Vananean dialect but not enough to speak it fluently.)

Javeldian is the cultural language of the humans (from the Kingdom of Ahamudia) brought to Harqual from Maran. It is very distinct; it has no equivalent on Harqual (the continent). Hutaakan, as her racial language, is also very distinct. When she speaks it, people might confuse it with Gnoll, but the two languages don't translate well. Gnoll is barklike and guttural. Hutaakan is deep and throaty with musical growls.

Gnoll on Maran is so simple that equates completely with the Gnoll of Kulan.

Last edited:

Remove ads