• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

"Download Thread" Option: Missing?

Rhun

First Post
There used to be an option to "download thread" in thread tools, but it now seems to be missing. Does this option still exist, and if so how do I do it now?

Last edited:

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
I believe that function wasn't compatible with a software update, so it's gone for now.

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Well, that is certainly a bummer. It really comes in handy in the Play By Post threads to keep a record of all that has gone on before. Is it something that will become available again in the future?

Desert Hare

Banned
Banned
That would be a very handy tool. Theres some threads here I'd love to download to my Cruzer.

In the mean time, I have to settle to go the Thread Tools, Show Printable Version and print the thread to pdf. :erm:

Thanee

First Post
But that only gets you one page of a thread, right?

That's quite a hassle for 50+ pages long threads. :lol:

Bye
Thanee

Desert Hare

Banned
Banned
But that only gets you one page of a thread, right?

That's quite a hassle for 50+ pages long threads. :lol:

Bye
Thanee

I'd never download/print a hive. Too much frickin' work.

It would be nice if there was an option for allowing users to pick how many posts they want per thread page.

Lazybones

Adventurer
Especially for story hour threads, which are rarely under 10 pages for the better ones. Back when we had the functionality I'd DL threads to a text file all the time. I'd love to be able to read story hours on my Kindle.

RPG.net allows you to see 200 posts per page on a printable version, which is much better. But I agree, a user selection (maybe "20 posts, 200 posts, or the entire thread" as selectable links) would be much better.

francisca

I got dice older than you.
Bummer. Any chance of getting this function restored?

I downloaded vols 1-12 of the Gygax threads, but not 13. Would dearly love to get 13 in the same format.

Any chance of this coming back?

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
This would be useful. If this does come back, it might also make for a nice new Community Supporter Only function like Search to help sweeten the pot to get some more new members! B-)

Rhun

First Post
This would be useful. If this does come back, it might also make for a nice new Community Supporter Only function like Search to help sweeten the pot to get some more new members! B-)

If that was the only way to get it, I would sign up for Community Supporter tomorrow (though I'm probably going to sign up tomorrow anyway)! Download Thread really was one of my most-used tools here.

Remove ads