L4W Discussion Thread III

CaBaNa

First Post
Topic: Forum Experience

I apparently got some Experience at some point...:D I found how I can do this for others as well, anyone care to explain how it works or where I can find that info?

looking mostly for etiquette on EXP and appropriate uses.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Etiquette and appropriate uses: give it to someone when you think they deserve it ;) It's basically a forum reputation thing. The idea is that people who make 'good' posts often will have lots of XP. It's mostly for fun, so have fun with it :)

And 'good' can be any definition you like. Funny, well thought out, good sense, etc etc...

Edit: I'm not sure whether you already figured out how to give XP, or whether that was something you were asking about. In any case, clicking the little picture of the scales (like weighing scales) at the bottom left of a post will let you give XP to the poster.

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
hehehe :devil: that sounds like fun!:angel:

I'll be sure to put that to good use from here on out, will it tag the post I click the experience button on, or do I need to copy/paste thing.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
The notice on the receiver's profile automatically notes the post. All you have to do is click the little scales button and enter a comment; ENWorld does all the rest. It's very simple, really.

Note that you can only give out (I think) 2 XP per day, and they each have to be to different people. That's just to keep people from going nuts with it ;)

Dunamin

First Post
Dunamin, if the judges are still not enough, I suppose I can be of help. After all, I've done character approving, although only a small bit, and read all of the proposal threads, and post frequently in them. I suppose I could be an adventure judge too, if it's needed.
You're more than welcome! Details are still in the recruitment thread.

However, I wouldn't want you to do it because you feel you have to, only because you actually want to. Doesn't look like there would be any difference in the time you hang around L4W, though - you just gain more POWA to affect it. ;)

SeaPainter

First Post
I'm excited, I get my PHB 2morrow!!!!!:lol::D

insert maniacal laughter.

I took the day off work.
I'm in Guam... so tomorrow is today for me. I'm going to try to pick mine up in a couple of hours, but that's only if this tiny island in the Pacific got it's shipment on time. ***Fingers Crossed***

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
Amazon shipped my PHB2, and says I'll have it by 3/19. I'm hoping it arrives earlier, as often occurs from this given distribution center and shipping method (Nevada to Los Angeles via US Mail).

Once I have it in hand, that'll help decide if I wait till PHB2 is approved to start my second character, or if I just hop on the Genasi and/or Swordmage bandwagon. :)

Remove ads