DND 3.5 "Pain Pride and Prejudice" [Interest/Recruiting]

Jemal

Adventurer
Also, Pneumatik -
I just noticed that shifting "is superficially similar to a barbarian's rage." And I already knew that "A dervish cannot perform a dervish dance while under the effect of a rage or frenzy ability." So I may need to rebuild. I can still tank, I suppose. Let me work on it. Or declare that I can shift and dervish dance, but that's not my interpretation.
Superficial is just that - superficial. The reason dervishes can't dance while raging or frenzying is b/c those both affect mental state to some extent, preventing the use of most charisma, dex, and int based skills (and spellcasting, etc). It's hard to gracefully swirl around your opponent when you're drooling and shouting in anger.

Unless Tiali decides otherwise, I don't see why Shifting would have a problem.

Tiali

First Post
Shifter is similar to rage in the effect that it will grant physical add-ons for a set amount of time, but whereas rage will affect you mentally, shifting does not. You remain clearheaded, with a slight shift in statistics. So I do agree with Jemal; shifter can shift and dervish dance at same time without penalty.

Ill leave it up to you whether you wanna stay on shifter/fighter or move to your other idea, but please keep in mind the cutoff date is coming up (may 1st), and I would like to have some time to review character sheets before deadline is up. :p

Please feel free to post more questions if you have any.

@Jemal looks good, paladin of freedom is approved :p have fun w/ it, and I look forward to seeing the character sheet.

bedford

First Post
Do you allow enlarge person spells on a half ogre or does it require the human ancestry feat to qualify as a person? and how about the bear totem barbarian is that ok?

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
As much fun as my Bard1/Pal1-2/Bard2-7/Eldritch knight X was to skeleton-build, he would need a couple more levels to really pay off. Whereas Torl is hitting his stride already, and only gets better. I'm going to rejigger his feats in a minute, but other than that I don't plan on making any changes.

Edit: All done. Lock him in.

Last edited:

Tiali

First Post
Still need 1 more if anyone is interested in joining. Please post character sheet in this thread, and when approved copy/paste into RG (which is in my signature). See the original thread for restrictions, etc.

@ current players, Will be starting on May 2nd whether or not the last spot is filled. This may cause someone to be 'injected' into the story after it starts.

Still looking for Jemal's character sheet as well as Bedford's.

@ Bedford, a homerule for me is 'person' dictates any sentient humanoid being with an intelligence 6 or above. 'monster' dictates less intelligent or non-humanoid intelligent (like a barghest or beholder). So an enlarge person would work on a half-ogre, but so would a 'charm person' or 'hold person'.

I have allowed the Unearthed Arcana rules into the game, but if you chose to do the bear totem barbarian, please post the 2 levels that you intend to take on here. (I don't have UA, but will accept BTB it if I can see what you are being granted). However, it may be easier to take one level of fighter instead of 2BTB, and use bonus fighter feat and lvl 1 feat for your improved grapple. Whichever you chose, lemme know :p

Looking forward to starting this.

Theroc

First Post
I'll have to send you the relevant LA buyoff rules then, to see if you'll allow me to buy off the LA+1 I have.

It is in the link in my signature, as I mentioned a couple times before, so you could access it, but I'll give a more specific link. I'd simply quote it, but there's a table and it's a large amount of text.

Reducing Level Adjustments :: d20srd.org

bedford

First Post
UA:Bear Totem Class Features - D&D Wiki

I will wait until next level to get improved grapple.

Rungner, Male Half ogre cleric of kord 1 barbarian of beartotem 1 , XP 3,000
Caucasian Skin, Brown Hair and Beard, Green Eyes, brutish neanderthal like facial features.
Age 29, Height 8,2 Weight 755 lbs., Large-size
Alignment: Chaotic Good, Patron Deity: Kord
Languagea: Common, giant

AC 22 9 + 8 full plate + 1 dex +4 natural
hp: 31 12+8+3+(4x2)
Saves: Fort +8 (+4 base +4 con), Ref +1 (0 base +1 dex), Will +3 (+2 base +1 wis)

Speed: 20ft
Melee attack: +8 MW large great sword (3d6+9 dmg, 18-20x2)
Spiked armor +11 1 d8+9

Base Attack: +1; Grapple: +11

Abilities:
STR: 22 (+6) : 16 +6 racial
DEX: 12 (+1) : 14 -2 racial
CON: 18 (+4) : 16 +2 racial
INT: 6 (-2) : 8 -2 racial
WIS: 12 (+1) : 12
CHR: 6 (+0) : 8 -2 racial

Feats:
improved unarmed strike, toughness (B o b bonus feat)

Skills:
Concentration 6 (5 ranks +1 wis)
survival 3 (2 ranks +1 wis)
spot 2 (1 rank +1 wis)
jump 7 (1 rank +6 str)

Racial abilities:
Dark vision 60ft

Equipment:
Spiked full plate: 1650 gp
MW Large Great sword 400gp
Adventurer gear (wilderness survival stuff) 100 gp ?

650 gp

Load lbs., Light 0-346, Medium -692, Heavy -1384 lbs

Last edited:

Tiali

First Post
@ bedford, looks good so far, will be going over character sheets tonight, you will want a spell list for when game begins. (I know its a hassle, but I would also suggest writing out list of adventuring supplies, as it will most likely be under 100g, and the individual types + the number of items will be important.)

@everyon Quick announcement

XP will be awarded every friday, and it will be awarded in three parts.

1. Combat XP (As seen in DMG)
2. Roleplaying XP (Based on how well you Roleplay your character)
3. Posting XP
- This will not be based on total number of posts, but rather, how quick the posts are added.
- In Combat I will post a round each day probably early morning. Will provide 48 hours for a response, and if no response is forthcoming, I will 'customize' your action, and move on to the next round.
- In Roleplaying situations, you will be granted extra xp for participating in the entire conversation. I will post as questions come up, and will post one healthy response per day, at least.

Example:

Player 1, Combat 600, Roleplaying 400, Bonus 200 = 1200 (DM Note: Great posting speed!)
Player 2, Combat 600, Roleplaying 350, Bonus 50 = 1000 (DM Note: You didnt post round 2 and 3, or during "NPC name" conversation.)
Player 3, Combat 400, Roleplaying 600, Bonus 200 = 1200 (DM Note: You voluntarily sat out of the second fight, but played your character very well!)
Et cetera

*Please remember, RL always comes first!!! You will not be docked for having to address RL issues. Although, we do ask that you let us know if somethings coming up. Thanks*

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
I foresee one problem - You have me down as the Arcanist, but my warlock.. isn't. A fighter with bow and greatsword would have the same playstyle as my character until higher level when I get better invocations and start flying/teleporting around. My character idea is arcane in theme only, mechanically he's basically a fighter. figured I'd ask you what you were expecting before I finish him up.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases