X5: To the Temple of Death - IC

kinem

Adventurer
With Ripclaw's natural speed and the aid of the haste spell, Girgal is easily able to catch up with the fleeing men. Aram is just seconds behind.

The fleeing men shout to each other, trying to decide what to do. There seems to be no clear leader. "We'll die as martyrs for the master!" "Do you really believe that crap?" "We fight for Hule!" "To defend our homes against these infidels!" "For Lutton!" "For Magden!" "But what chance have we? They laughed off Grans' best!" "Dogpile them!" "But ... the monster! And see how fast it runs!" "Let's see if they're men or monsters, then!"

Clatter. Clatter. Clatter.

The men stop and begin to throw down their swords.

A torchbearing man steps forward, tossing his sword onto the stone ground.

"We surrender" he explains. "We are warriors ... but we are not trained in slaying monsters like you ride, nor can we fight witches who breath ice like dragons. Take us prisoner, or show the doubters among us your evil and slay us, so that our faith in the Master be renewed."

The ten other men stop and await their fate, their swords discarded on the ground.

Walking Dad

First Post
Girgal, AC 23 (T15, FF20), HP 44/66, F +11,R+8,W+14
Ripclaw HP 52/57

Giragal and Ripclaw circle the unarmed warriors. Then the halfling says to Aram: "Speak you to them. You are better with words."

[sblock=ooc]

----
damage healed (lesser vigor): 4
----

Ripclaw: Hide+15, Move Silently+10

Will use the Summon feat for flavor in out-of-combat situation, alternating between different elements.

Spot +17, Listen +18

Spells:
0 (6) - cure minor wounds x2, light x2, detect magic x2
1 (4) – (jump), produce flame x2, faery fire, cure light wounds - obscuring mist
2 (4) - (spiderclimb), barkskin x2, animalistic power, blinding spittle – snake swiftness, mass
3 (3) – (protection from energy), stone shape, spirit jaws, blindsight – greater magic fang
4 (2) – (freedom of movement), blast of sand, enhance wildshape – SNA 4
5 (2) - (tree stride), SNA 5 - animal growth

Ripclaw has:
HP 57
AC: (with barkskin) 30 (T15, FF25)
Full Attack: 2 Claws +7 melee (1d6+4 plus poison) and bite +2 melee (1d6+2) and tail + 2 melee (1d6+2 plus poison)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Leaping pounce, poison (DC 14 1d6 Dex/1d6 Dex), rake 1d6+3
Hide+15, Move Silently+10
[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Aram frowns. While he was educated and well spoken, diplomacy had never really been his strong point. Still, he'd give it a try. "We are not monsters, and do not slay unarmed men." The dervish lowers his scimitars, but does not sheath them. "You claim we are the evil ones, but it is The Master who invades and conquers the lands beyond the mountains, who wages a war of aggression with those that want nothing but peace, and who tortures the innocent and good. How can you defend such a man, without seeing the truth of his evil?"

kinem

Adventurer
The men consider Aram's question, and some of them step forward to answer.

"The war is to convert the infidels to the worship of the true gods."

"For years there was strife between orcs and men. The Master has united both races, and turned the agression of the orcs away from our homes in Hule. He is the great uniter. He will unite the rest of the world the same way."

"Hule is ruled by holy men. Darokin is a 'republic'. Those people got rid of their rightful king and put themselves above all. They think they are wiser than the gods. What they are doing is angering the gods and the Master is carrying out the gods' will in punishing them."

"Personally, I don't agree with the war. That's why I volunteered to serve in the fake dragon - I never expected to see action this far from the front lines."

"The men of Darokin associate with elves. Do you know how elves live for hundreds of years? They drink the blood of human babies! I don't care what anyone says - I know because they stole the son of my cousin's friend. His only son!" A somewhat older man, his fists clench with righteous anger.

renau1g

First Post
Father Fuller will finish up his investigations of the dead wizard, gathering anything that looks particularly valuable or radiates magic (thanks to his detect magic) before hustling to catch up to the others.

As he reaches them, the older abbot hears the last comments and begins another belly laugh "Oh-ho-ho-ho, you tell some funy story's in the desert. Elves drinking blood... maybe them drow types, you know the black ones undergound." Father Fuller replies.

[sblock=OOC]
No bears got me thankfully ;)
[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
"Some of us do not wish to be lorded over by the master," says Aram quietly. "It is obvious that your minds are twisted, and that your close minded opinions have led you to the master's service." He looks at Girgal and Fuller questioningly, wondering if they have anything to add.

kinem

Adventurer
When Father Fuller examined the body of the fallen mage, he found
- a blue potion
- 2 wands
- 3 diamonds
- a spellbook
- a high quality dagger

Keira joins the rest of the party.

"What will become of us now? We have surrendered, which the Master forbids. If you want to continue through the Pass, we won't persue you. We'll head out the other way" one of the men offers, and the others nod in agreement.

Remove ads