Adventure: Fire and Ice

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Hadrak turns the corner, cask held high and summons the might of Hefaystos. It fizzles.

-''That's it. I will have to switch to whysky.'' Hadrak groans.

[sblock]
Move: To G9
Standard: Lance of faith on one of the doofus brothers (with cover), miserable failure.
Vs Reflex (1d20+5-2=6, 1d8+6=11)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat]Hadrak - Male Dwarf Cleric 1
Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 20
AC:16, Fort:12, Reflex:11, Will:17 -- Speed:5
HP:27/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value: 6, Surges left:9/9
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers -
Lance of Faith
Sacred Flame

Divine Glow
Healing Word
Healing Word
Channel Divinity

Cascade of Light
[/sblock]

Last edited:

nerdytenor

First Post
Dorn doesn't know whether to cheer out loud or faint at the sight of what his power has done. He has never pushed his power this far, and he knows now that he has something even more powerful inside him than his village elders ever feared.

The sound of steel on steel draws Dorn back into the present. Focusing on the nearest enemy, he sends psychic energy screaming from his mind. (OOC: Chaos Bolt hits will 12 for 16 psychic damage. If that is a hit, Dorn gets a free 2nd attack against the other enemy (DM roll as appropriate +4 vs wll; 1d6+4 psychic damage))

[sblock=Dorn Stat Block]
Dorn, Half-Orc Sorcerer 1
Passive Perception 9, Passive Insight 9
AC 14, Fort 11, Reflex 14, Will 16 (base defenses)
HP 15/22, 5 tmp hp Bloodied 11 Surge Value 5, Surges 5/6
Speed 6, Initiative +4
Action Points: 0

Current Effects
Wild Soul: Thunder (resist 5, ignore 5 resistance)
+1 AC from Wild Magic

Encounter Resources
Bedeviling Burst
USED Furious Assault
USED Half-Orc Resilience
Second Wind
USED Use Action Point

Daily Resources
Chromatic Orb
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
His ally flanked by the ninja twins, Skalisss calls out a challenge to one of his attackers: "Face me or feel the wrath of Netari!", but the ninja sidesteps the wild strike, although Ingot is still feeling better with Netari's blessing.

Ingot is battered by the ninja twins' blows but remains standing, leaking small quantities of oil. As the dragonborn's healing blessing flows into it, the leaks cease. It swings its sword at Garcia once more, then steps back against the warehouse wall. His blow connects with Garcia, the ninja's wounds are beginning to show.

"Thank you, Skalisss. Together we can prevail!"
Crag stomps his way out of the alleyway, trying to finally see what is happening to his friends. When he sees Garcia and Sakazaki double-team his friend, it enrages him and he charges Sakazaki, bringing his longsword down in an overhand chop. The warforged finds only air as the ninja sees him coming and nimbly shifts out of the way.

"I am sorry for the delay friends, but I had a fire elemental to deal with. Thankfully Dorn was able to eliminate that other mage so that I could come and help you. How does this group fare?"

Hadrak turns the corner, cask held high and summons he might of Hefaystos. It fizzles.

-''That's it. I will have to switch to whysky.'' Hadrak groans.

Dorn doesn't know whether to cheer out loud or faint at the sight of what his power has done. He has never pushed his power this far, and he knows now that he has something even more powerful inside him than his village elders ever feared.

The sound of steel on steel draws Dorn back into the present. Focusing on the nearest enemy, he sends psychic energy screaming from his mind. Sakazaki turns to the halfork and shakes his head, ignoring the assault.

The ninjas continue to focus on Ingot, hoping to take him down, but this time with only 1 direction to guard the warforged blocks Garcia's attack and Sakazaki almost falls prone with the warforged's grease creating a slippery patch.

[sblock=OOC]
Sorry for the less than stellar post, enworld ate this post 3 other times...:rant:

Skalisss what's the damage from your divine challenge?

1d20+8=9, 1d6+3=8, 1d20+8=15, 1d6+3=6 Attack on Ingot, take damage from DC.

INITIATIVE:
Ninja H9: 23
Ninja L5: 22
Kabuto :20
Dorn: 15
Ninja J9 : 15
Sakazaki (5 temp hp) and Garcia (14 damage): 14
Skalisss: 13 <- Your up
Ingot(marked by Garcia)
Fire : 5
Ninja H6 (5 temp hp): 5
Crag: 5
Ice: 4
Hadrak: 2
[/sblock]

[sblock=MAP]

[/sblock]

JRYoung

First Post
Skalisss moves back next to his ally the warforged, continues to press the ninja, and says a prayer to Netari to heal the damaged living-construct.

"Keep it up and ssstick together, now with the othersss here our victory is assssured".

Move Action: Shift to J10.

Standard Action: Bolstering Strike vs Sakazaki, vs AC, attk and dmg (1d20+8=14, 1d8+4=12)
That will miss (Wish he could get to Garcia for the +4 bonus to hit).

Minor Action: Lay on Hands for Ingot: gain your healing surge value +4.

[SBLOCK=Mini Stat Block]
Skalisss - Male Dragonborn Paladin 2
Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 18
AC:22, Fort:16, Reflex:14, Will:16 -- Speed:5
HP 26/33, Bloodied 16, Surge Value 9, Surges left 8/11
Conditions:
Powers -
Valiant Strike
Bolstering Strike

Divine Challenge
Piercing Smite USED
Dragon Breath USED
Channel Divinity: Divine Mettle USED
Channel Divinity: Divine Strength USED
Paladin's Judgement USED
Lay on Hands x2 2 USED
Healing Word USED
Sacred Circle
Healing Surge from Dwarven Plate Armor USED
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
-''Oh Great Forger, I am seeking to assist another of your servant. Surely you will not let us both down at the same time, right?'' Mutters Hadrak.

This time the radiant bolt strikes true and burns Sakazaki, blessing Ingot with divine will.

[sblock]
Move: to L9
Standard: Lance of faith on Sakazaki
Lance of Faith (1d20+5=24, 1d8+6=10) hit for 10 hp

Ingot has +2 to attack on his roll against Sakazaki.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat]Hadrak - Male Dwarf Cleric 1
Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 20
AC:16, Fort:12, Reflex:11, Will:17 -- Speed:5
HP:27/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value: 6, Surges left:9/9
Powers -
Lance of Faith
Sacred Flame

Divine Glow
Healing Word
Healing Word
Channel Divinity

Cascade of Light
[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=OOC edit]Shoot, I hadn't seen Mal's post before I did mine... I would have gladly taken that +2 and attacked Sakazaki instead of Garcia if I had. Is it too late to change?[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]I would really love to have the defenders in front of Ingot, but no way to back up without taking AoO's... I think I'll go ahead and suck it up, at least Sasaki is still marked, right? And Ingot can get a couple of temp HP from warforged resolve...[/sblock]
The rune on Ingots forehead grows brightly for a moment as the warforged draws on its inner reserves of endurance. Once more it swings its fullblade down in arc aimed at Garcia. OOC: taunting contingent on attack hitting. Ingot points at the bleeding ninja. "If you used proper weapons and armor, you might have a chance."

The warforged moves awkwardly onto the debris pile of the collapsed warehouse, gesturing to Crag behind it. "Thanks for the assist, friend! Vulkar will guide your blow!" OOC: literally if Righteous Brand hit, metaphorically if it didn't. :)
[sblock=Actions]
Minor: Use Warforged Resolve; gain 3 temp HP.
Standard: Righteous Brand vs Garcia (1d20+7=18, 1d12+4=11) hits AC 18... If a hit, +4 power bonus to melee attack rolls TENT for Crag.
Move: walk to K10. This draws AoO's from both ninjas. :eek:[/sblock]

[sblock=Ingot stat block]Ingot- Neuter Warforged Cleric 1
Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 13
AC:16, Fort:14, Reflex:11, Will:16 -- Speed:5
HP:26/27 + 3 temp, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:7/9
Initiative -1
Powers: Sacred Flame, Righteous Brand, Healing Word (x2), Healing Strike, Avenging Flame, Channel Divinity (Divine Fortune/Turn Undead), Warforged Resolve
[/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
Crag sees the ninja step back out of reach of his charge at the last second, attacking Ingot and shouts at him.

"Oh no you don't! Get over here! I'm not done with you yet!"

Crag stabs forward with his blade and jerks backwards, calling to the earth and rocky debris behind Sakazaki and willing it to roll in a great wave towards him.

"Terra! Bring my foe to my side so that I might show him the error of his ways!"

The ground rumbles and shifts, rising in a wave that pushes towards Sakazaki. (ooc: the following is IF he get's to use Warden's Grasp or if Thorn Strike hits [see Actions block]) Sakazaki is pushed and battered towards Crag, his sword already in motion and heading for the ninja's chest in a quick thrust. Another thin wall of debris and rock rises up, forcing the ninja to focus on him rather than his friends.

[sblock=Actions]
IF Sakazaki is marked by Crag (I couldn't tell from your post if I had the chance to mark him or not) Immediate Reaction
: Warden's Grasp (Slides Sakazaki to K10; Sak. is SLOWED and cannot shift until the end of his turn).

IF Crag could not use Warden's Grasp:
- Standard: Thorn Strike (pulls Sakazaki to K10 if it hits)
- Free Action: Mark all enemies within 1 square of him.

IF Crag was able to use Warden's Grasp:
- Standard: Strength of Stone (granting Crag 5 temp HP if it hits)
- Free Action: Mark all enemies within 1 square of him.

In either case the attack rolls and damage are exactly the same: 1d20+7+4=23, 1d8+4=12. If Ingot's attack did not hit (and did not grant me +4 to my attack roll) then it hits AC 19 for 12 damage.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]Crag, Warforged Warden 1
Passive Perception: 15
Passive Insight: 10
AC 20, Fort 16, Reflex 12, Will 12
HP:
25/42 Bloodied: 21 S.Value: 10 Surges: 13/14
Speed: 6, Initiative +0
Action Point: USED Second Wind: Not used

Current Conditions:

Powers:

Warden's Fury, Warden's Grasp, Strength of Stone, Thorn Strike
Earth Spikes, Warforged Resolve
Form of the Willow Sentinel
[/sblock]

Last edited:

nerdytenor

First Post
With the battle nearly (hopefully?) in its ending stages, Dorn maneuvers into position (OOC: Not sure where Sakazaki wound up, but Dorn will move as many squares north as necessary to make sure Sakazaki does not have cover. If this is not possible, Dorn will stay where he is).

Eager to wow his comrades, Dorn marshalls all of his power into a blast of pure mental death and blasts it at Sakazaki (OOC: Chaos bolt hits Sakazaki Will 23 for 17 damage)

"DODGE THAT" he thunders.

[sblock=Dorn Stat Block]
Dorn, Half-Orc Sorcerer 1
Passive Perception 9, Passive Insight 9
AC 14, Fort 11, Reflex 14, Will 16 (base defenses)
HP 15/22, 5 tmp hp Bloodied 11 Surge Value 5, Surges 5/6
Speed 6, Initiative +4
Action Points: 0

Current Effects
Wild Soul: Thunder (resist 5, ignore 5 resistance)
+1 on attacks vs Sakazaki TENT

Encounter Resources
Bedeviling Burst
USED Furious Assault
USED Half-Orc Resilience
Second Wind
USED Use Action Point

Daily Resources
Chromatic Orb
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Skalisss' divine vengeance burns Sakazaki, drawing some very bloody wounds on him.

Skalisss moves back next to his ally the warforged, continues to press the ninja, and says a prayer to Netari to heal the damaged living-construct.

"Keep it up and ssstick together, now with the othersss here our victory is assssured". The ninja is able to avoid the strike.

The rune on Ingots forehead grows brightly for a moment as the warforged draws on its inner reserves of endurance. Once more it swings its fullblade down in arc aimed at Sakazaki. Ingot points at the bleeding ninja. "If you used proper weapons and armor, you might have a chance." after his heavy weapon draws another deep wound in him.

The warforged moves awkwardly onto the debris pile of the collapsed warehouse, gesturing to Crag behind it. "Thanks for the assist, friend! Vulkar will guide your blow!"

Crag sees the ninja step back out of reach of his charge at the last second, attacking Ingot and shouts at him.

"Oh no you don't! Get over here! I'm not done with you yet!"

Crag stabs forward with his blade and jerks backwards, calling to the earth and rocky debris behind Sakazaki and willing it to roll in a great wave towards him.

"Terra! Bring my foe to my side so that I might show him the error of his ways!"

The ground rumbles and shifts, rising in a wave that pushes towards Sakazaki, who finds the end of Crag's blade waiting for him. The ninja is impaled on the sword and stares down at his chest incredulously as he stares at Garcia, saying "Sorry 'bro, take care of them will ya?"

-''Oh Great Forger, I am seeking to assist another of your servant. Surely you will not let us both down at the same time, right?'' Mutters Hadrak.

This time the radiant bolt strikes true and burns Garcia, blessing Ingot with divine will.

With the battle nearly in its ending stages, Dorn maneuvers into position

Eager to wow his comrades, Dorn marshalls all of his power into a blast of pure mental death and blasts it at Garcia. The ninja was staring at the scorch mark in his chest from Hadrak's blow, then looks up at the half-orc.

"DODGE THAT" he thunders, which is only met with silence from the ninja as he slumps to the ground, unmoving.

[sblock=OOC]
Battle won! Great job!
[/sblock]

Remove ads