Adventure: Fire and Ice

JRYoung

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Nicely done all (renau1g included, you rock dude)![/SBLOCK]

Exhausted and depleted, Skalisss gathers himself and then checks the twins to make sure they do not get up. "Isss everyone alright?" he asks. "You all were magnificant, I am lucky indeed to have alliesss sssuch asss you."

Skalisss looks around then comments: "Now we must find the monk that led us here, another of the villians followed him."

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
-''BOOYAH!'' exclaims Hadrak. ''Uh... I mean, good work, my brothers, good work.''

Skalisss looks around then comments: "Now we must find the monk that led us here, another of the villians followed him."

-''What monk?'' Hadrak asks, confused. ''Oh! Yes. The monk who hired us, who needs protection. That monk. I am sorry, this battle was intense. It feels like two months ago since we set out after that monk... So yeah, where is that monk?''

Last edited:

nerdytenor

First Post
Dorn walks around the battlefield, slightly dazed. He stares at some of the enemies he has felled, giving one of the ninjas a tiny kick before shuffling backwards in fear. Clearly, Dorn is far more comfortable with his power than with its aftermath.

Dorn quickly buries his uncomfortable and uncertain reaction as he turns to face his companions.

"We did it! Ha ha!" Though hoping to sound impressive and intimidating, Dorn's cheer has more the tenor of a youngster whose sports team just won an away match. The uncertainty returns to his face as he looks to the others.

"Uh, what do we do now?"

Last edited:

Kalidrev

First Post
"Now we need to get on the boat. I believe that is where the monk was leading us before he ran into his friends here..."

Crag turns to the dwarven cleric and kneels before him.

"If it were not for you, my friend, I would no longer be functioning. You must teach me about this god of yours. His blessings kept me from succumbing to that fire elemental and I want know what I must do to express my gratitude to this great Hayfestos you keep praying to. Can you teach me?"

ryryguy

First Post
As soon as Garcia falls, Ingot has a rag out and is wiping down his blade.

Exhausted and depleted, Skalisss gathers himself and then checks the twins to make sure they do not get up. "Isss everyone alright?" he asks. "You all were magnificant, I am lucky indeed to have alliesss sssuch asss you."
As were you, Skalisss. If not for your repairs I would have surely fallen. Are you sure you're not a smith?

-''What monk?'' Hadrak asks, confused. ''Oh! Yes. The monk who hired us, who needs protection. That monk. I am sorry, this battle was intense. It feels like two months ago since we set out after that monk... So yeah, where is that monk?''

"We did it! Ha ha!" Though hoping to sound impressive and intimidating, Dorn's cheer has more the tenor of a youngster whose sports team just won an away match. The uncertainty returns to his face as he looks to the others.
Ingot gives Dorn a thumb's up gesture. It looks both impressive and a bit strange given the warforged's four oversized digits. "You fought well, and very bravely. Your defeat of that mage was very timely."

"Now we need to get on the boat. I believe that is where the monk was leading us before he ran into his friends here..."

"Right! But first let's check to see if any of the monk's friends survived the assault..." Without waiting for a response, Ingot turns and moves quickly towards the boat. It slows slightly as it passes Kabuto's body, its eyes moving towards the fallen mage's unusual staff. But it continues on past, bending to examine the ninjas' victims. (OOC - actually I forget, did they all get kicked off the dock before we started? If so, I guess look if any are floating and still alive...)

[sblock=Healing Word]Ingot has one healing word remaining before our short rest... does anybody want it?[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
The group begins searching for monk, but on the body of Garcia you find an odd holy symbol in one of his pockets, one of Eefeystos, although there's dried blood on the platinum symbol, possibly indicating its place in the assassin's pocket. After searching for a few moments, you find the body of the monk who hired you, Hiram, buried underneath some of the rubble from the collapsed building, his eyes stare unblinking at the sky.

[sblock=OOC]
The symbol is a +1 Symbol of Divine Reach (AV).
[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
Ingot stares at the bloodied holy symbol intently. "Where did they get this? These were no followers of Vulkar... What befell its true owner? Could these monks have followed the Great Forger too?"

[sblock=ooc]renau1g, I thought Hiram escaped at the beginning and was being chased by that other guy... is this a "wrap it up sooner because there's no Don" retcon?

Mal, I imagine Hadrak might like that holy symbol, Ingot is more of a weapon kind of guy construct...[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Not trying to wrap it up any quicker, but Don's notes were brief at this part of the adventure so I sort of ret-conned it a bit to move things along sooner. In his story you also find Hiram dead, just not sure where, maybe you were supposed to use perception to find the trail or something, I just wanted to move you along.
[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
OK, gotcha... the warehouse could have extended off the map to the bottom with Hiram caught in it there, no retcon required.

If there are no survivors from Hiram's group, Ingot will go check out Kabuto's staff. Ingot is mainly interested in the workmanship, but here is an Arcana check for detect magic if you like: (but no, IC seems to be down. renau1g feel free to roll with real dice if you like, Ingot's Arcana bonus is +6.)

Maybe we should also look on board Hiram's ship for more clues?[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Holy Symbol]Oooooh! Gimmmee, gimmee! Ur, yeah, I'd like it.[/sblock]

"If it were not for you, my friend, I would no longer be functioning. You must teach me about this god of yours. His blessings kept me from succumbing to that fire elemental and I want know what I must do to express my gratitude to this great Hayfestos you keep praying to. Can you teach me?"

-''Aww, don't make me blush mate. I dare say your very life is a tribute to the Great Forger, not just in body but in deed also. He is a civilized god, he doesn't take kindly to wacky ninjas attacking law-abiding citizens and he smiles on stalwart people who defend their comrade as loyally as you did just now. Make no mistake, crippled as I am, if you had succumbed to fire, I would have surely followed.

Now if I have the time, I will tell you the tale of how Heyfaistos stole the secrets of making spirits from other, more dissolute gods, and gave it unto the dwarves so that we could make brewing into a real craft!''

The group begins searching for monk, but on the body of Garcia you find an odd holy symbol in one of his pockets, one of Eefeystos, although there's dried blood on the platinum symbol, possibly indicating its place in the assassin's pocket. After searching for a few moments, you find the body of the monk who hired you, Hiram, buried underneath some of the rubble from the collapsed building, his eyes stare unblinking at the sky.

Hadrak looks pained at the loss of their employer.

-''I am sorry, friend. We weren't much help, were we? But perhaps we can still avenge you.''

Last edited:

Remove ads