Adventure: Fire and Ice

renau1g

First Post
"The only people on this boat was those strange robed fellas." the man says pointing to the dead bodies floating in the water (of the monks). That one looked like he was captain of the ship" the man says pointing to Brother Hiram's body.

[sblock=OOC]
Yes he was referring to when Hiram came in. This is his skiff. Apparently, the Brother was both captain and monk.
[/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=potions] If no one minds, I would be happy to take one of the potions. It happens to give exactly the same as my surge value right now, so it's perfect until we level up ^_^ [/sblock]

Crag stands at the back of the group, not yet ready to handle any real social situation with the common folk of Daunton. He would let the more personable members of the party handle this task. He stands with his shield and sword at the ready in case some other band of pajama wearing wusses decided to show up looking for trouble. He stands close to Hiram's body until the information exchange is completed. He will then pick up Hiram's body (after sheathing his sword) and carry him with him to the skiff.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
-''Oh, Heyfaystos almighty. It means we need to steer this deathtrap ourselves... And look how small it is. A dwarf, two warforged and a dragonborn in full plate... we are going to sink and drown!''

Hadrak, like most dwarves, was violently opposed to the existence of water anywhere oustide of his ale. Reluctantly, he steps into the boat and then buries himself as deeply as he can in the little skiff. He shuts his eyes tight, muttering a feverish prayer in favor of the boat's buoyancy.

It is clear he will not be much use in steering the skiff to its destination.

-''Are we there yet?''

Last edited:

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Busy today, sorry, can't post until later... Ingot will go with the flow, I guess.

I agree the potions should go to the non-clerics. (Which means Ingot gets the next loot no matter what it is... ;))[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
"We're going in the boat?" Dorn asks? His face registers both fear and excitement, but mostly the latter. Mustering some courage, he tries his best to look the part of the fierce and indomitable half-orc.

"Let's do it!"

OOC: Dorn would be happy to get a potion I suppose. Also, are we taking one short rest or what?

Last edited:

JRYoung

First Post
Skalisss grabs Hiram's body and throws it over his shoulder. "I hope we can find thisss captian and his vessssel" he remarks to the others.

OOC: Mal's theory seems good to me: Hiram must have hired a boat to transport him. The odds of us sailing to this island on our own seem poor, let's hire transportation.

Last edited:

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=Good Point!] Crag is at 25/42 HP, so I would like to only have to spend 1 surge if possible. I'm not sure if we'll have the time (a boat trip sounds like we would) but I'd like to get Mal to rest up and then use his healing magics on me so that I can have plenty of surges left) [/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Skaliss]
Skalisss grabs Hiram's body and throws it over his shoulder. "I hope we can find thisss captian and his vessssel" he remarks to the others.

OOC: Mal's theory seems good to me: Hiram must have hired a boat to transport him. The odds of us sailing to this island on our own seem poor, let's hire transportation.

I thought there must be a captain but the beggar has confirmed that Hiram had captained his own boat. Damn it!

But maybe you can grab a fisherman by the scruff of the neck, throw him in the skiff and make him steer for us? All in a good aligned way, of course. [/sblock]

JRYoung

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]OK, we need a sailor, captian, fisherman, or someone to help us with the boat. We have already shouted out for assistance. Also, we have a bum that has been paid off to tell us what he saw. Something will probably happen soon to move us along, hopefully before the authorities arrive and start asking questions.

Skalisss has lived along the coast his whole life, like some of the other characters perhaps, but I think it unlikely he could pilot a small craft to a mysterious island without some professional help ;)
[/SBLOCK]

ryryguy

First Post
"Please, Skalisss, allow me to return the favor and offer you some meager repairs."

[sblock=Skalisss]Ingot still has a healing word left over, sounds like you need it, so here you go...

Healing Word: surge +4
(and... for some unknown, I added a 1d20 roll to my healing word check, so if you look at my IC link, that's why it says 17! But ignoring that, it's a 1 on the 1d6 (boo!), so you get surge + 4. :))[/sblock]

Unlike the young half-orc, Ingot does not try to hide his excitement at the prospect of traveling by boat. "Then, we are to leave Daunton, by boat? I have never been a boat, nor left the city before. The path of adventure continues to bring new experiences!" The warforged smiles broadly and claps his hands together.

[sblock=ooc-"skiff"?]Can you describe more fully how big this "skiff" is? Does it seem like it will be okay in the open sea, or is more like a longboat you use to get out to a bigger ship?[/sblock]

"But..." the warforged looks around uncertainly for a moment. "I agree, we need to find someone to help pilot this boat, and find this island. I have no experience in such matters, only what I have read in the Library. Also..." Ingot glances at the bodies, then the collapsed warehouse. "This is quite a mess. Shouldn't we tidy up a bit before we go?"

Without waiting for a response, the warforged begins walking up and down the docks, picking up the corpses of the deceased ninjas and stacking them neatly against the wall of the intact warehouse.

Remove ads