• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: Fire and Ice

nerdytenor

First Post
"I'll lend a hand," Dorn says, lowering his voice to sound more manly. Or orcly. Or half-orcly. Whatever the case, it doesn't work.

"Though I think you'll find most of my companions in possession of more muscle than I" Dorn says, his voice normal again. "Should the need arise, I can provide some fire for warmth," he says, his palms flashing red. "Or any other purpose fire can be put to," he adds, his palms flashing intensely for a moment before dying out.

His arcane display over, Dorn steps toward the boat. He feels confident with his allies here to back him up, but rough and tumble characters such as the captain always make him a bit uneasy.

"I'll contribute my share for the ride, of course," he says in passing to his allies.

ryryguy

First Post
"I can pull an oar," Ingot says.

[sblock=OOC]Not that Ingot is actually that good at Athletics... I guess it would help to take off the armor if that's what the check will be.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
The group sets out from Daunton, into the Shifting Seas and begins the journey to find Jeron Monastary. Having loaded the corpses of the monks into the boat, the Captain begins navigating the skiff into open waters, for some of you this is the first time out on the open sea, the cool air blows over the ship, providing some relief from the warm day. The salty water every so often sprays as the ship rides over a wave and the sun stands high in the sky. So far the weather has been easy for the crew. Only a couple more hours and you'll be there.

The Captain calls out "How's everything going. We're entering " a more difficult stretch of the journay and I'll need your help here. Sure enough at the Captain's words, the sea becomes more choppy, the wind seems to pick up out of nowhere whipping the sails strongly.

[sblock=OOC]
Skill Challenge: We're Gonna Need a Bigger Boat

Successes: 0
Failures: 0

There are some obvious skills that can be used, some less obvious ones. I'm open to creativity so feel free to try anything, it just might work.

Obvious skills: Acrobatics, Athletics, Perception, History
[/sblock]

JRYoung

First Post
Skalisss, helping the captian to navigate, prays to his god Netari (the sea god) for guidence, and watches the ebb and flow of the waves to help direct the boat into an optimal path.

OOC: Religion to gain divine inspiration from the Sea King on how traverse rough waters: perhaps a modifier to the Nature check? And Nature for the Skill Challenge.
Religion check; Nature check (1d20+5=21, 1d20+3=22)

nerdytenor

First Post
Though not a particularly physically-inclined creature (especially for a half-orc), Dorn nevertheless has a fair measure of physical grace and agility. He attempts to secure what he can to the deck using whatever rope is available, but he slips and falls face first in the process (OOC: Acrobatics 7)

Kalidrev

First Post
Picking up the flailing half-orc, Crag does his best to make up for his bulk and weight by really putting his back into his rowing, hoping to force them through the storm all the quicker. His thinking is that if he can succeed in continuing to row without stop at full bore, he will at least make up for his bulk and weight, and maybe make up for any weaker rowers too! Storing his armor in his backpack, he sits at a rowing bench and rows like he's never rowed before!

[sblock=Constant Rowing] Which is to say that he rowed like a maniac, by getting a huge 30 on his endurance check!!! [/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Skalisss is rewarded by The Sea King as he is able to point out some tips to the Captain about naivgating through the waves.

Dorn slips on some seawater that had spilled onto the deck and is unable to secure the sails against the wind. He feels a bit winded as he slams his head into the rail of the ship (-1 surge)

Crag's tireless efforts prove to be effective as the warforged seems like he was designed to propel the ship, managing to overcome the waves and move the ship forward.

[sblock=OOC]
Skill Challenge: We're Gonna Need a Bigger Boat

Successes: 2
Failures: 1

There are some obvious skills that can be used, some less obvious ones. I'm open to creativity so feel free to try anything, it just might work.

Obvious skills: Acrobatics, Athletics, Perception, History
[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
Ingot looks up from rowing, seeing an island with a distinctive stair-step cliff face not too far off to starboard. "According to charts and accounts I've seen in the Library, there is a strong current leading to a reef just off that island. A number of ships have gone down there. We should steer more to port!"

[sblock=History]History check (1d20+6=19)[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]History is Ingot's best skills among the ones listed, if it has to fall back to Athletics at +3, it could definitely use a bonus to the roll if one is available...[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
The listed skills are definitely not the only skills available. Also, you can aid another on a check if you so choose, DC is only 10 then and you grant an ally a +2 on their skill check.
[/sblock]

Remove ads