• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: Fire and Ice

renau1g

First Post
Ingot's memory of the area is enough to provide a better sailing lane for the captain and you continue to make more headway.

Hadrak's spots a rocky outcropping that was lying just beneath the surface and surely would've damaged the ship, but the Captain avoids the obstacle.

[sblock=OOC]
Round 1 done - good job.

Skill Challenge: We're Gonna Need a Bigger Boat

Successes: 4
Failures: 1

There are some obvious skills that can be used, some less obvious ones. I'm open to creativity so feel free to try anything, it just might work.

Obvious skills: Acrobatics, Athletics, Perception, History
[/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
We're Gonna Need a Bigger Boat: Round 2!

Thinking on his feet, Crag grab his oar and then calls on his earth spirit, Terra, to summon a strong vine rope from his fists that grabs another oar (set of oars?) in front of him. Rowing as hard as he can, he does the work of two rowers!

[sblock=Athletics check] Crag uses Thorn Strike to grab the second oar, scoring a 24 on his athletics check to row as two people! [/sblock]

Last edited:

ryryguy

First Post
Ingot notices Crag pulling two oars, and sits at the rowing bench opposite.

"Crag can pull two oars! Surely two of us can pull one oar?"

[sblock=Aid Another?]Anyone want to aid another on an Athletics check? Or, if your Athletics bonus is higher than Ingot (+3), Ingot will aid you.[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Ingot]Hadrak can row weakly for a long a time (-1 Athletic, +5 endurance without chainmail)!
[/sblock]

-''All right, all right, Ingot! Let's row'' Hadrak shouts, grabbing an oar.

He starts moving the oars with little power but impressive determination at a steady pace.

-''Row row row your boat...'' he mutters under his breath to take his mind of his phobia.
''...gently, I say gently down the stream...
...quickly, quickly, quickly, quickly
before I'm forced to scream.''

[sblock=endurance]
Endurance (1d20+5=21)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
With herculean effort, Crag (with Terra's help) continues to move the boat forward. With Ingot and Hadrak aiding him, the trio manage to propel the boat past a small outcropping of rocks and after passing it, the sea begins to calm and an island is visible on the horizon.

The Captain relaxes a bit and calls out "Yah did good! I'd be willing to take y'all on as me crew once you're done playing with those monks?"

[sblock=OOC]
Skill challenge over! You win! Total cost was 1 HS from Dorn.

Anything you want to do before the arrival?

Skill Challenge: We're Gonna Need a Bigger Boat

Successes: 6
Failures: 1

There are some obvious skills that can be used, some less obvious ones. I'm open to creativity so feel free to try anything, it just might work.

Obvious skills: Acrobatics, Athletics, Perception, History
[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Whoo hoo!

There's nothing Ingot wants to do before getting off the boat, no.

Regarding XP, do we note that on our sheets now? Are we supposed to wait for a post with a judge's imprimatur? (I know our judge is AWOL at the moment.)[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
[sblock=XP]
You can put it on your sheet, but there's no point in bringing in a judge before you can level.

I'd just put it on your sheet with a link to the xp post so you don't have to hunt for it later.
[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
"Yah did good! I'd be willing to take y'all on as me crew once you're done playing with those monks?"

Dorn leans over the side of the boat and throws up.

"No thanks," he says, wiping his mouth.

OOC: Dorn would like to spend a surge as soon as we are in short-rest mode. Would that be now?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads