Off to War [IC]

ghostcat

First Post
ON THE MARCH:
Once they started marching, Trinham couldn't help thinking about the mission that he had been on. He keep going over and over in his mind the things that he had done right and the things that he had done wrong. After three or four days he felt that he had learnt all he could about the physical combat but could do with a few more pointer on his sorcery.

On the first free day, Trinham went to seek out Archimedes. Although he quickly found out he was in the Bear's camp, it proved impossible for an irregular to gain entrance even when he used all of his considerable charm. The best he was able to do was send a note. Trinham was somewhat surprised to receive a response to the effect that as tomorrow was he free day, Archimedes would be delighted to visit his pupil in the irregular camp. However, when he arrived all he can do for the present was teach Trinham an additional cantrap and give him a new mental exercise for improving his concentration. Then after thinking for a bit, Archimedes told Trinham that it might help him if he was learn some arcane lore. Although he managed to make a start, Archimedes admitted that he is finding the march tough going and thus he can only teach Trinham on free days.

MARTOMUM'S SUPPLIES:
"Thank you Martomum. If you don't mind, I will take the crossbow and some bolts. This will give me a range attack without having to use up valuable spells. Also, I would like to donate this shield. It was issued to me during basic training but I don't have the foggiest idea how to use it. As its army issue I don't really like to just throw it away, so I may as well let someone have it who can make good use of it."

FALLON'S TALE:
After Fallon had completed his tale, Trinham commented "Just before I left home, my dad warned me against getting involved in politics. However, I consider you to be my friend, Fallon and I would also like to be Martomum's friend, if he will have me. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that were I come from friends help friend. So if there is anything I can do, please don't hesitate to ask." Suddenly realising that he is about to make a faux pas, Trinham turns to the other irregulars and continues. "That goes for all of you as well."

PRESENT TIME:
Trinham winks at Fallon and then says with a perfectly straight face "Well I understand you well enough Martomum. What would you have us do."

Frozen Messiah

First Post
Claude is gald that the marching has finally stopped, he was never partial to it perfering to ride. During the marching he thought about Fallon's tale and how he understands how brutal politics can become. As Claude walks up to Fallon, Martomum, and the other irregulars his thoughts turn to the town and the silent prayer he did in the center of the town for their souls. As Calude walks towards them hears the hot headed new memeber of the irregulars.

"Now, now friend being anxious for battle is one thing but bloodlust is another all together." Claude says as he walks to the front of the group to the young man with the chain, "Bonjour, mon est Claude Francois Grignard and I'm sorry that we have started on such a bad foot but I am gald that someone may be able to out do Miss Loreen in ferocity." when Claude finishes by putting out his hand to allow for a handshake.

Dragonwriter

First Post
"Wants I nay gets wha I's wants!" Martomum replies back in anger. "I's wants ta knows way da Treyins be 'ere whens ta 'ould bees a guids 500 miles ta da est. Why's em I's ta goes off if'n ta Treyins bees close. An whys whys 'nother greenie me lives be bads 'nuff."

"Not my fault. We've all got orders, and now yours deal with me. And there’s no reason to be asking me why the Treylors were around here. Hopefully we’ll find them and repay them for this brutality, but there’s no use asking me about it.” The young man’s arms cross again as he scowls at the dwarf, the setting sun glinting on a ring on his left hand.

"Now, now friend being anxious for battle is one thing but bloodlust is another all together." Claude says as he walks to the front of the group to the young man with the chain, "Bonjour, mon est Claude Francois Grignard and I'm sorry that we have started on such a bad foot but I am gald that someone may be able to out do Miss Loreen in ferocity." when Claude finishes by putting out his hand to allow for a handshake.

The young man snorts at Claude’s words, growling slightly as he replies, "I know the difference full well. And I know what I’m after with Treylor.”

He eyes Claude’s outstretched hand, then shrugs and shakes hands with the older man. "Guess we’ll be working together, so might as well make nice… Name’s Jareth Kyras.” He offers his hand slowly and cautiously to each of the others, introducing himself, though his eyes don’t warm up. After introductions are done with, he shuts his eyes for a quick second and they have a slight flash when he opens them back up, though it could have just been the sun reflecting…

[sblock=Actions for HM]
Using Arcane Attunement to scan with Detect Magic. Jareth wants to know if there’s anything special they’ve got… ;)
[/sblock]

Myth and Legend

First Post
These past few days of marching had made Lora realize just how badly she had rushed in her "rescuing" attempt. Arthur was nowhere to be found, which vexed her greatly, but then again she had not gotten much time to roam around camp and ask around.

Not that asking around did her much good anyway, with her nasty moods and harsh tone. Lora had gotten a little better at extracting information and civil conversation, since she had remembered a lot of local lore and some of Mirella's lessons on Noble etiquette. That didn't mean much though, as her godawful demeanor surfaced more often than not. Lora also got some useful training, although the instructor toned it down "fer da lass" as he had put it, she still had gotten better at evading attacks, jumping and balancing, which was useful for an already naturally agile girl like her.

The young wizard was angry, mostly at herself, for being not much more charming than a fence post despite her good looks. The girl was also angry at the damned forced march, which made no sense at all. She was not a general, but was smart enough to realize that one does not rush his troops like that if he is expecting battle at any moment. She was also smart enough to realize where the bloody sun dawns from and where it sets to. Granted, she had not joined the army for the sake of fighting invaders, but it still made the situation even more suspicious.

When the young girl heard Fallon's tale she suspected even more foul play on Dellex's part - a simple Enchantment spell is all it took to make a free willed man with a sword an obedient puppet... with a sword. However the sword in this case was the whole army itself, and that was a very disturbing thought. Lora also had her guess on what could have happened in the castle, but as with her other musings she chose to keep them to herself for now.

Today, the young blue eyed girl was in a mood that was even worse than usual - her feet hurt, especially the sores that had appeared after the first full day's march. She did not enjoy being surrounded by so much bullheaded men, all trying to prove who has the bigger manhood. She also missed her studies with Mirella and already felt lagging in her knowledge and spellwork. Most of all however, Lora felt unwashed, her dress was covered in mud, her hair was a mess, and on top of that, today dawned with an even worse surprise - her moon blood had come. Even her Familliar - Ginger, was scared by Lora's mood and had not surfaced from her pocket today at all.

With very thickened eyebrows and a ponytail shaking behind her head like a battle standard, Lora rushed over and completely ignored the men around the campfire. "Fallon, i need to wash in private." She then leaned in and whispered the situation over in the old man's ears.

Even as distracted as the young Wizardress was, she did notice the young newcomer that channeled arcane energy. He seemed like any other cocky idiot, so Lora did not pay him much heed, after she determined that the magic he used was harmless.

[sblock]Spellcraft: 7+11=18[/sblock]

Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
Aidan felt very out of place with all the people crowded around, and while the marching was a bit difficult, it wasn't much work for him, given the fact that he himself had very little to carry, and was used to hard work on the farm. While he did remained quiet, he kept an eye on Lora, showing up around her as much as he could, offering her a pleasant smile every so often, unless she gave him an angry scowl, in which case he shrug apologetically and leave her alone.

He had gotten a bit of practice with his fighting in drills, having signed up to the irregulars officially during the march. With his skills picking up a bit, Aidan felt like perhaps he might actually be able to reach his goals... but he knew he was still quite far from finished. He also took to performing feats of acrobatics to keep his skills sharp, performing flips and rolls on occasion to display his skills and to hone them further.

The others in this endeavor seemed very aggravated by the trip, and knowing that a cheerful person tended to aggravate aggravated people, largely kept to himself. At the one boy's outburst and Martomum's reply, Aidan blinked, his hand gravitating towards his javelin in case things got ugly. At Fallon's mention of a possible translation, Aidan sidled next to the man and whispered quietly.

"I dun't speak dwarf, so his accent makes 'im 'ard ta understan'... what'd 'e say?"

Frozen Messiah

First Post
Claude smiles after the handshake and takes a seat "I am glad of this Jareth." Claude quickly looks at the chain Jareth brandishes and askes "I come from the land of Reygur and may I ask where you come from and why your hatred for Treylor?"
Claude sees Martomum and he reminds him of the daggers "oh, yes Martomum I have taken the two daggers from the store, to allow me to be effective once someone comes within melee range, sir." Claude takes out both daggers from behind his cloak and holds one in each hand to show him

Dragonwriter

First Post
Claude smiles after the handshake and takes a seat "I am glad of this Jareth." Claude quickly looks at the chain Jareth brandishes and askes "I come from the land of Reygur and may I ask where you come from and why your hatred for Treylor?"
Claude sees Martomum and he reminds him of the daggers "oh, yes Martomum I have taken the two daggers from the store, to allow me to be effective once someone comes within melee range, sir." Claude takes out both daggers from behind his cloak and holds one in each hand to show him

Jareth remains standing, eyes glancing at Martomum in case the dwarf has any other pointless questions. His voice is plain and flat as he says to Claude, "Reygur, eh? Never been there... Hear it's pretty mucky, though. But I'm of Pesh heritage, though it doesn't much matter now... And my hate for Treylor's really the only thing I got left. Why're you so interested in prying?"

Frozen Messiah

First Post
Claude looks at him with a light smile on his face "mon ami, it's what I do. In my time i have learnt that alliances can change in an instant so with in mind I find it's better to know all you can about those around you, do you not agree?" Claude looks at him with more interest now that he has opened himself to conversation. He thinks of the pouch around Jareth's waist and how it reminds him of the pouch that Miss Loreen has, but the chain is odd for a commoner to have.
"Yes, it is indeed how you say...mucky? I'm actually glad that you have not been or heard, due to the reputation that usually follows us Reygurians." Claude's usual smile disappears after talking about Reygur, it only reminds him of his past.

[sblock]
Spot:1d20+2=21
[/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth's eyebrow rises skeptically as he says "If you don't trust the folks you're with, there's no point working with 'em. But my reasons are strong as an adamantine greatsword, so there's no need to worry about me turning on you in a fight." His words are tinted with some harshness, but his eyes look slightly pained, as if he is harmed by the thought of someone doubting his commitment to the war effort.

"And I said I'd never been to Reygur, not that I hadn't heard of it. I know a little bit about your lands and the people within, and as such am a little surprised at your flowery talk and prying questions. I've heard more about the Reygurian prying hands and knives.

"And if you want to know more about my skills, ask, rather than just eyeing my gear. Might think you're more like the rest of your countrymen..."
Jareth chuckles slightly.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=ooc]it s late but this is a placeholder kind of just want to let you all know i am keeping up and everything is great just few mentions:

DW plz no quotes and keep all ooc's in sblocks thanks
i need to put that somewhere for new people B-) more DM work lol

and you notice no magic on anyone or any pull that there is any in packs or scroll cases i run light magic so it is a true reward when you get it except for potions and scrolls they are not rare

Which brings me to equivalent treasure/gold for party lvl that will probably not happen in this game but it isn't needed just ask ML and Theroc as their two 1st lvl characters took on a 5th lvl fighter and "survived" the treasure you do get will be special and have meaning trust me ;)

only waiting for Ewrinfoxjj to make an appearence then will have Martomum tell you his problems and orders, i work with Jacob tommorrow so I'll kick him in the butt to try and get a intro post done. [/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases