Off to War [IC]

Theroc

First Post
Aidan blinked as the woman essentially blew the man off. He called to the old man who wandered off.

"Oi! The lady ain't followin'!" But to no avail. Not being one to let a woman wander off by herself in an area she obviously didn't precisely belong in, Aidan took it upon himself to tail her to ensure she didn't get into any trouble. He hoped the old man wouldn't be too upset, but he couldn't in good conscious go until he knew she was taken care of.

Galphanore

First Post
A large, almost six and a half feet tall, scarred man walks in out of the trees. He is covered in a slight sheen of sweet, though not breathing harder than most would after a short walk. He caries six spears in a case strapped to his back and has hardened hide armor. He looks as though he was completely at home in the woods. Hanging from around his waste, looking distinctly out of place with the rest of his gear, is a kingdom issue belt and pouch. Topping it all off is a simple conical wicker hat. He looks around and then walks up and fills a small bowl for himself and then walks after the old man and listens while eating a small meal.
[sblock=Memorized Spells]Memorized Spells:
Level 0 (3 Spells)
- Create Water
- Create Water
- Know Direction
Level 1 (2 Spells)
- Shillelagh
- Goodberry[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
To ML and Theroc

Heading off you notice the camp has started to settle a little, as the patrols of men have all left to enter the forest. There are still a few people here and there. Some, sitting by a campfire talking notice the young woman with the determined look and bobbing ponytail.

As you draw near they quiet down and stare, a look of bemusment in their eyes. Noticing the shabby apperance these men are not in charge, you hope walking on. Passing by Aidan notices the stares of the men as they watch the young lady trudge on. A man looking at something in confusion and wonder all at once. One of the men says something you can't catch and the others roar wuth laughter.

Lora here's the laughter from behind but pushes on even more determined and finally finds an old man sitting by himself mending some tack. He has the look of a camp follower and may know something. Adian watches from a little ways off.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
To Glaphanore

Following the old man to a small campsite were a donkey is chewing on a lead rope (trying to escape). He stops and stares out into the dark woods. Then shaking his head alittle he starts to rummage throug a napsack sitting by a stool.

"Never, never do," he mumbles to himself. "Have to, to warn him somehow that those south mountain men have joined the patrols." His mumbling continues until he finds what he's looking for and straights, still with eyes on the forest.

Looking at what's in the old mans hands, you notice what seems to be a elaborate torch. It has scroll work up it's handle and the iron top seems to be capped.

Galphanore

First Post
Damon looks over at the man and says "May also want to let him know about the wolf pack that's hunting out there right now too.", then takes a bite of the food and looks at the torch. "Who are we warning?" he comments between chews.

Myth and Legend

First Post
Lora's face darkened when she heard the snickering and laughter behind her back. "BEASTS! - she exploded in her mind, but kept her tongue still. - Not beasts even, as animals are not inherently evil. Scum!" Still, the girl did not let such annoyances steer her off her goal.

She went over to the old man and calmed herself to the best of her ability. "Good evening. I am looking for a lad, a militia conscript from the nearby countryside. His name is Arthur, here is a picture of him." - Lora presented the drawing yet again and waited.

She could not help but feel someone's eyes on her back, which made her uneasy. It was to be expected, the greasy stares of a camp full of witless males would make her intuition ring the alarm bells. Still, there was this feeling, as if someone were examining her. Lora dismissed it for now, as she did not want to look suspicious to the man she was talking with.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
To ML and Theroc

"Hrnph! Arck!..." the old man snorts then turns his head to spit. "Missin' yer Bo? Plenty lads in the seas, one right there lookin interested."

He sets the tack in his lap to look at the drawing. And shaking his head he tells Lora, "Nope noone like that in this part of camp and I knows just about everyone since I've help them with this chore or that." He nods off towards the way you just came from and returns to his mending.

"Who ye wants to see would be Mart the Fart," he continues chuckling. "But I hears he's busy." Motioning again he says, "But Fallon be that way, old wrinkly fellow he may be helps to ye." again the man snorts deeply then spits.

[sblock=Theroc]I 'm going to autofail your listen check do to distance you didn't hear the words but caught all the gestures. So to you she walked up and said something then the man spitted. She showed him her paper and he shook hios head and pointed back the way you just came from. Then he bagan laughing and spitted once more. Your move. [/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
To Galphanore

"What was, was that?" the old man asks. "You just ,just said there were wolves out there too. Not another problem in a list, list of problems." He grips the torch a little more firmly and starts staring out towards the dark woods. Quietly to himself he mumbles, "Just where are you, where?"

Galphanore

First Post
"Yes, wolves." replies Damon, now setting aside the bowl, "You seem tense. Is there someone out there right now?" then he continues, a more worried tone in his voice, "It's not safe out there right now, did you send someone to protect them?"

Myth and Legend

First Post
Lora's brows thickened as she turned around and saw that boy from the meeting before, looking at her from some distance away. The girl quickly judged his appearance and evaluated weather she would be able to take him on with her glavie or she would have to use magic. "Hm yes this is a matter of some import, but the man i am looking for is not my... bo? As you put it. In any event the old wrinkly fellow could not help me, so i must seek out this Mart you mentioned. He will not be so busy once he knows who has sent me on my errand."

Lora presented her words calmly, but inside she was boiling. No one seemed to have seen Arthur, and on top of that some idiot had decided to trail her, probably thinking that a frail girl is easy prey. Well, he was in for a nasty surprise... Lora usually tried not to assume, but she would not be cought off guard a second time in her life.

Remove ads