Off to War [IC]

Myth and Legend

First Post
Chills ran down Lora's back when she heard the raspy voice behind her. The first thought that came to her mind, was that these two had decided to ambush her. The girl drew her glavie and turned sideways, so that her field of vision covered both opponents. Her face had look of grim determination on it.

[sblock] AC: 12, Flatfooted: 10, Fort: 4, Ref: 2, Will: 1, HP: 6/6,
0 level: Daze, Prestidigitation, Mage Hand
1 level: Enlarge Person, Sleep

Initative: 12+2=14 [/sblock]

Theroc

First Post
[sblock=statblock&action]
Init: 1d20+3=18 AC: 15(touch) 10(if flatfooted), Fort: 4, Ref: 5, Will: 2, HP: 10/10
Draw Javelin[/sblock]

Aidan frowns in disgust at the man's words, a javelin immediately finding its way into his hand as he looked at the other man, making sure he still wasn't within striking range of Lora's spear-like weapon.

"I'd sujess the fores' fer yer fun. 'Less yer on'a them that likes gettin' hurt..."

The boy replied grimly, his tone making it obvious he had not intention of letting the man anywhere near the girl. Not that he expected her to care, he simply could not in any sort of good conscious let this man do whatever it was he had in mind.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"What's this?" the man says, noticing Aidan. "A hero? Ha,Ha." he laughs shoulders shaking with mirth.

"Look here youngling, just stay back there out the way and I'll give you an education your surely lacking." He starts a slow advance towards Lora.

[sblock=end of surprise round]At the end of the round the man took 5' step towards Loraand is 15' away. He looks to be advancing cautiously. Round 1 begining: Aidan is up[/sblock]

[sblock=Round 1]
Code:
Character           Init   AC     HP     In Hand/Condition
Aidan               18     15     10     javelin/--
Lora                14     12      6     glavie/--
Man                  5     ??     ??     nothing/--
[/sblock]

Theroc

First Post
[sblock=statblock&action]
Init: 1d20+3=18 AC: 15(touch) 10(if flatfooted), Fort: 4, Ref: 5, Will: 2, HP: 10/10
If the man continues his advance, throw a javelin towards a leg
1d20+3=16, 1d6+1=7 [/sblock]

Aidan wasn't impressed with the man's talk, his arm winding up for a throw should he continue.

"I'm warnin' ya, back away from the girl, or ye'll surely regret it..."

Myth and Legend

First Post
Lora looked at her two opponents - the dark skinned lad seemed quite earnest in his attempt to defend her. The other one, who obviously had no intention of stopping, was the one she had to worry at the moment. She took out a pinch of wool from her pouch and squeezed it in her hand, sending a magical force at the attacker's mind. "STOP!" Lora yelled, emphasizing her action with the spell.

Lora backed away from the approaching man as far as she could, and squeezed the handle of her glavie tightly.

[sblock] AC: 12, Flatfooted: 10, Fort: 4, Ref: 2, Will: 1, HP: 6/6,

Casts Daze, DC: 10+4=14

Then uses her move action to get away as far as she can from the approaching man, but keeping her distance from Aidan as well. [/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Ahh, ha ha ha," the man laughs as the spell fails to even function. And the man continues foward raises his hands, reaching out towards Lora.

"Your spunk will... eh?" he stops short as a javelin hits the ground not an inch from his foot. "O.K. boy you were warned! First some fun with you then the little lady," he growls. Turning he advances down on Aidan getting close enough for the young man to smell his sour sweat. Strange Aidan thinks he hasn't drawn his sword.

[sblock=combat]
Map:
================
============M,A=
================
================
=========L=======

The spell doesn't even fuction and you know that.(means he's got 5+HD)
New initiative order:
Lora (up now)
Aidan
Man [/sblock]

Myth and Legend

First Post
Lora frowned - the man was too sturdy to be affected by her magic. Unless she could stop him with the forged orders, he would have to taste her glaive. "FREEZE YOU MONGREL! - the girl shouted, as she took out a pinch of iron powed and suddenly burst in size, her possessions growing large along with her. - I am under the direct protection of Lord Bairan Doovan, and i have a signed and sealed letter to prove it!"

[sblock] Casts Enlarge Person on herself, uses move action to draw the forged note. updated stat block as follows:

AC: 11, Flatfooted: 10, Fort: 4, Ref: 1, Will: 1, HP: 6/6, Large Size, 10 foot reach, wielding an Elnarged Glaive for 20 foot reach, 2d8 damage, 3 x crit.

hint: As i know some things about typefaces and design stuff :p use Courrier New for the map, this way every character uses the exact same overal space and the map turns out even. Also, on displaying large characters (as CM and Jemal do at least):

=========
=========
==LL=====
==LL=====
=========
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
"Yer dense, ain'tcha? All this commotion, all this time... how quickly can ya have yer fun? I'm sure others will notice this hubbub right quick, and I'm pretty sure Pesh soldiers don't take kindly to such behaviour from their own..."

Aidan warned the man, even while readying himself for a potentially dangerous fight. After all, this man might simply kill him if he won, and proceed to have his way with the girl. That can't be permitted...

[sblock=Actions&stats]
AC: 15(touch) 10(if flatfooted), Fort: 4, Ref: 5, Will: 2, HP: 10/10
If the man does not back down, attempt a trip attack 1d20+1=3, 1d20+1=16, 1d6+1=7
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The man seems lost in a kind of battle lust as he reaches for Aidan, ignoring everything around him. Aidan quickly steps in for a sweep at the man's legs, but as quick as the young man is he doesn't connect once.
The burly combatant is not so unlucky as he brings a knee up and hits Aidan full in the gut. The young man drops to his knees gasping for air that is no longer in his body. "That's just about the quickest fun I have ever had lad, ha ha!" he leans down to say. "Now in where's my... GREAT GODS!!" he bellows, noticing Lora. He steps back away from the now giant lass.
[sblock=combat]
Map:
==========M====
============A==
===============
=========LL=====
=========LL=====
Code:
Character           Init     AC     HP     in hand/conditon
Lora                18     12      6     glavie/enlarged (9 rds left)
Aidan               5a     15     [COLOR=deepskyblue]0  [/COLOR]   ---/disabled;takin 10pts nonleathal dmg
Man                 5b     17     42     ---/---
[/sblock]

Myth and Legend

First Post
Lora was stumped for a moment, seeing how the man easily dispatched her would-be rescuer. "Damn it he is a tough old bastard!" the girl thought, as she raised the now enlarged piece of paper, showing it off in the light of the campfire. "Can you read you fool? I am on a mission for lord Doovan! Now leave my sight at once"

Lora was hoping the man would be able to read her note and remove himself, for it was becoming apparent that he was much more battle hardened than your average recruit - the last time the girl had met with a professional soldier up close, she had been overpowered in an instant. The feeling of helplessness was her worst memory from that night, worse than the shame and the guilt and even worse than feeling defiled.

Lora hated feeling helpless more than anything else in the world, and prepared herself to fight until the end, if the forged note failed to fulfill it's intended purpouse.

[sblock]AC: 11 (12 with dodge), Flatfooted: 10, Fort: 4, Ref: 1, Will: 1, HP: 6/6, Large Size, 10 foot reach, wielding an Elnarged Glaive for 20 foot reach, 2d8 damage, 3 x crit.

Ready vs approach - so Lora gets her standard attack if the man closes in, plus an AOO for him entering her threatened square.

Enlarge Person: 9/10 rounds

1 level: Enlarge Person, Sleep [/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads