Off to War [IC]

Theroc

First Post
Aidan grunted and gasped for air as he fell onto his knee, unable to recover his wind as the man turned to proceed towards Lora, before hearing him scream. Well, at least someone managed to do something to intimidate the man. Aidan could only hope the woman wouldn't think too much less of him for being beaten so easily... but he decided to make a last ditch effort...

[sblock=Actions]AC: 15(touch) 10(if flatfooted), Fort: 4, Ref: 5, Will: 2, HP: 0/10
Trip attack-

1d20+1=10, 1d20+1=10, 1d6+1=7 Nonlethal damage[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Aidan moves to take the feet out from under his attacker who he believes is moving toward Lora. Missing with his swing he turns his head to see the man backing away from her and quickly.

"A witch you be!", he yells backing away then turning to hustle around a small tent into the night. Leaving Aidan kneeling in the dirt and a giant Lora appearing to stand over him. A short pause comes as Lora looks to the young man still not sure what to make of him.

"And what, what is going on here?" comes a familiar old voice from a familiar old man.

Myth and Legend

First Post
Lora felt joy when she saw the man scurry away - apparently he didn't like magic at all. This was a welcome break for her indeed - at least one thing went right tonight. "One of the soldiers decided he could have "fun" - Lora spit out the word like venom. - with me, and this lad got beaten up for trying to stop him."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Slowly moving over to Aidan, the old man never takes his eyes off Lora. Even as he leans over to ask, "You all, all right?" he keeps his eye on Lora and her nearly twenty foot weapon.

Theroc

First Post
"Aye, I'm fine sir. Took the wind outta me, he did... could hardly breathe for a bit... but it seems... this girl scared him off... is this girl a noble? If what me mum tells me is true... only the rich or the truly gifted could wield magic..." The boy muttered softly, with a volume he hoped only the older man would hear, before he stood up to mutter his apologies to the girl, in a somewhat louder tone he anticipated both would hear. He wasn't particularly proud of how easily he'd been put out of commission, but at least he tried...

"Beg yer pardon miss, seems I'm not as able as I'd thought I was... 'spose I gotta work harder if I'm ta be much use 'round here..."

Myth and Legend

First Post
Lora felt a little amusement when she saw the men become so easily intimidated by a simple magical trick. They would have surely soiled their pants had they witnessed some of Mirella's more powerful spells.

Thinking about her mentor made Lora reluctant to lie, even in this situation. "I am not of noble birth although you flatter me in saying so. I am, however, in the possession of a document that should have granted me at least a bit of cooperation in this troll's den."

As she was saying that, Lora eyed the old man sideways, considering the chance of him actually remembering Arthur if he regarded her with awe rather than trying to rush off to do his business.

"Also, thank you for standing up for me, and giving it your best. My tongue can be sharp when i am wary of strangers, so you must forgive my previous rudeness. My name is Loreen." Lora extended her hand and then remembered she was still under the effects of her spell, which made her palm equal to the size of the lad's chest, and retracted it back. The little annoying voice in the back of her head buzzed yet again, reminding her how cute the boy actually was.

Theroc

First Post
"I'd wager I co... co-op...cooperated as much as I could have, miss..." Aidan managed before she proceeded to apologize for her mistrust.

Aidan smiled at Loreen's mention of a sharp tongue, remembering some of the things the girl's in the nearby village used to call each other or the other boys, who always did things like peeping or harassing the girls, while he worked the farm or wandered in the woods.

"No harm done, Miss Loreen, mah name's Aidan Burke... simple farmboy fer now..."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Introductions

"Hrhmp!", the wrinkled old man clears his throat loudly. "And... and I, I am Fallon. Cook, herbalist, and camp follower," he says. "And if, if the commotion is over with I will withdraw to let you two stare at one another somemore."

And with that he starts to turn, but just as quickly spins towards the two younger people. "Wait now, now I could use another set of hands at the moment, specially ones so big as hers," he chuckles. "Please come, come along quickly." he says going the opposite way from his original direction.

For the second time tonight Loreen and Aidan find themselves alone watching the old man walk off.

Myth and Legend

First Post
Lora sighed and wrinkled her nose, like she always did when something was not to her fancy. "Well then I suppose I have to follow him. I can't continue my search during the night."

The young Wizard (or Witch as she thought of herself), discontinued her spell and returned to her normal 5' 4" stature, so that she would not stand out like a rock in the sand.

Lora then helped Aidan up, and could not stop herself from flinching when the boy touched her hand. She forcefully made herself look calm, even though the feeling of a man's skin against her own ran unpleasant chills down her spine. The boy's hands were strong and the palms were roughened with calluses, signifying he was no stranger to manual labor or perhaps the wielding of shafted weapons.

"I have a lotion that could remedy your skin, I use it myself to keep my hands soft even when i train with my halberd." Lora forced a smile, revealing teeth more than anything else. "Damn it i'm so bad at being social!" the girl thought with annoyance, as she refastened her ponytail.

[sblock] Yay! :) we're back! HM, how much do you think such a lotion would cost? Can i add it to my items and remove the cost? Or we could awlays say Lora forgot to pack it as she did leave in a hurry. [/sblock]

Theroc

First Post
Aidan blinked slightly as the girl helped him up. That wasn't at all how his mother taught him things should be, but perhaps his mother had been subconsciously attempting to groom him as a noble boy? Whatever the case, he accepted the help, though he blinked again at the concept of 'remedying' his skin.

"Beg yer pardon, Miss Loreen? What's wrong with me skin?" He looked slightly confused, before chuckling at the old man's response. Regardless of his confusion, he still smiled pleasantly to the girl.

"I wasn't starin'! Mum always told me staring were impolite!" He called out, before taking a step in the direction the old man was going, before turning back to make sure Loreen was coming along this time.

Remove ads