Dark Sun Anyone?

Outlaw68

First Post
Ok.. finally.. here is my adjusted critical hit charts.. it is much easier to manger in a game!

PLEASE CHECK THE UPDATES POSTED 10TH JULY.

Last edited:

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Ok.. finally.. here is my adjusted critical hit charts.. it is much easier to manger in a game!

Here is one recommendation.. remove "no unusual effect" from the hit severity charts If I have gotten that far through the process that is more frustrating than interesting. (that is what the original save after the roll 20 gives you so why repeat it?). Make the save easier if you want all the unusual effects to be rarer.

I am planning on using something like these wound rules...
http://www.enworld.org/forum/4e-fan-creations-house-rules/240891-wound-system.html#post4649572
The idea is that things are grittier based on actual player desire, instead of the outcome of a die roll, it keeps things heroic.

The types of wounds needs much elaboration and since that seems your area of emphasis?

Outlaw68

First Post
Here is one recommendation.. remove "no unusual effect" from the hit severity charts If I have gotten that far through the process that is more frustrating than interesting. (that is what the original save after the roll 20 gives you so why repeat it?). Make the save easier if you want all the unusual effects to be rarer.

I am planning on using something like these wound rules...
http://www.enworld.org/forum/4e-fan-creations-house-rules/240891-wound-system.html#post4649572
The idea is that things are grittier based on actual player desire, instead of the outcome of a die roll, it keeps things heroic.

The types of wounds needs much elaboration and since that seems your area of emphasis?

Well, i intentionally wanted to scale back the descriptors to give the DM a little more space fro creativity, but I think including types of wounds that fall under each category might be a great idea.

As an update for anybody keeping track, here are some things i am currently working on and hopeing to put up this weekend

- Languages adjusted
- Channel Divintiy Feats Added
- Familiars and Beast Companions Added
- Character Tree Rules Added
- Changed Crit system
- Fixed cosmology to make a bit more sense, altered eladrin to fit new cosmology.
- Changing how Templars, Elemental Clerics, Defilers and Preservers work (I got some real neat ideas from Cwheeler!)
- added dwarven focus and elf run as standard abilities in place of dwarven weapons and group awareness.
- Works on the Monster conversions (and they are coming along nicely)

Last edited:

Cwheeler

First Post
If any of you haven't had a look through the player's guide, I strongly suggest that you do so. There's a lot of interesting and usable information in there (A full 85 pages), including:

Racial information
Class modifications
3 full psionic classes
21 paragon paths
Feats
Items
Magic items
etc...

Even if you're not into Dark Sun, there's bout to be some poachable material in there.

In short, download it read it, and post your feedback :) !

- Changing how Templars, Elemental Clerics, Defilers and Preservers work (I got some real neat ideas from Cwheeler!)

Glad you liked the concept! (and looking forwards to seeing what you do with it)

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
Just stumbled across this, and wow! Love it.

What struck me was that you made the goliath/half-giant connection. I took an old half-giant character of mine from 2e with the Strength of the Land psionic power from Dragon Kings, then converted him to a goliath warden. So glad to know I wasn't the only one who thought of this connection.

Outlaw68

First Post
Just stumbled across this, and wow! Love it.

What struck me was that you made the goliath/half-giant connection. I took an old half-giant character of mine from 2e with the Strength of the Land psionic power from Dragon Kings, then converted him to a goliath warden. So glad to know I wasn't the only one who thought of this connection.

Glad you like it Dragonhelm, I have a few tweaks I am typing up at the moment.. I should have them up by the weekend. The major changes are around the Defiler/Preserver and Elemental/Templar mechanics.

Outlaw68

First Post
NEW UPDATES.

Hi all, here are the latest versions of the books, they contains some fixed and adjustments based on feedback i have received here and on other boards as well as by email.

Please keep the feedback coming, it is really helping move this thing int he right direction!

Last edited:

Outlaw68

First Post
Just a quick update. I have a list of new stuff to add as long as my arm, for the most part it is tweaks and some new powers for classes (Mainly para-elemental powers, templar powers and preserver goodies)

I am also hoping to have the first half of my monster book up today or tomorrow! So check back!!

Also, i still want to hear feedback, so anything you guys think could be improved upon, please post here or send me an email!

Outlaw.

Outlaw68

First Post
Here are the first of the monsters, this is about half of them, the rest will b coming very soon!

PS.. i know there are a lot of typos in this document, I will be running a spell check over this document as soon as i get 10 mins!

Please let me know what you think, what you would change and any other suggestions!!

Last edited:

Outlaw68

First Post
Here is the list of stuff i am currently working on/contemplating..

- Finishing the basic monsters
- adding more PC race archtypes to the monster book
- Debting removing the Soulknife and Psion classes and using the Monk/Psion classes form D&Di, and adjusting paragon paths to match.
- Putting in a brief bit of info about magic and the feel of the setting in DMG
- Seperating the advanced being Epic Destiny into three separate destinies - Dragon, Avangion and Mind Lord
- adding more paragon paths and destinies

and a bunch of other stuff.. hopefully I will have these out next week sometime!

Oh and keep the suggestions coming, I have been getting heaps (via email), but i am happy to see them here too.

Remove ads