Dark Sun Anyone?

Outlaw68

First Post
Er, credits, Outlaw68?

I'd like to say you borrowed stuff from others. Please make me say that? A nice credits section for your contributors within the document itself would be appreciated by all, I'm sure.

I have made sure to mention everybody I have used stuff from in the front introduction paragraph of the PHB, i have you listed as well as many other people, and I have also made mention of what boards I have used ideas and info from. It has been there right from the start.

Here is what the introduction paragraph actually says, for anybody is concerned about credit being given. (I will be adding Wik to the list with the next revision, thanks to his input above)

This is largely a collection of my own works. I have supplemented my work with a large amount of material from Christopher Wheeler, Alex, Zardnaar, Jonplaywu, The Greatfrito, fallenakriel, Wik, Yancke, Pannarin, Barbarossa Rotbart and Pyromancer999 (From the WotC Boards and the Athas.org boards). While not all of the work is presented in exactly the same manner, it is still their work and credit should be given where credit is due. Some information has also been adapted form Cam Bank’s Races of Ansalon 4th ed Conversion.

Sources I have use for this conversion include all of the 2nd ed Dark Sun Books, the 3rd ed Dark Sun conversion from www.athas.org, Sandstorm and the Expanded Psionics Handbook from my 3rd ed collection.

Last edited:

Outlaw68

First Post
Apologies if anyone is offended by this thread necromancy.. but.. i got a email out of the blue about these updates and decided to start making updates to these files, I will have new ones posted by tomorrow...

Any suggestions are welcome.. i have been inspired to continue updating these with info from recent releases.. so hit me with your ideas to keep the project rolling :)

Oh and Pen, you will see thanks in all the books now ;)

glaucon

Explorer
Hey Outlaw,

Just wanted to thank you for the work.
I ran a pre-3E Dark Sun campaign for 2 years before it morphed into a Planescape one that went on for 4 more years.
Having this 4E conversion material is brilliant. If I had a better handle on 4E (which is testing me...), I'd be better able to give some suggestions, but as it is, I'm still struggling with 4E mechanics...

Cheers.

Cwheeler

First Post
Hey Outlaw, liking the new iteration of the rules!

Especially the reworking of the Defiler. Very nice.

A couple of things I noticed with the wizard:

a) The 'Preserver of Life' feature is titled as a daily, but the body of the text refers to it as an encounter power (personally, I'd say that the daily version is more balanced).

b) It may also be good to add a quick note on alternative spellbooks for the wizard (this may already be there - I could easily just be missing it)

And a few notes on Lifeshaping:

a) The 'command life-shaped being' racial power for the Rhul-Thuan Halflings seems a little too powerful.

b) It would be nice if the Lifeshaped creatures in the monster manual where marked as such. e.g:

Climbdog
Small Aberrant Beast (Lifeshaped)

c) Could some artificers be re-skinned as lifeshapers? (just a thought)

Once again, impressed by the scale and detail of the project, and your dedication to it.

Keep up the good work!

Outlaw68

First Post
Thanks for the input Chris! Greatly appreciated as always.

I do like those ideas, especially the labeling the creatures life shaped and knocking the power of the Control Life Shaped Creature power back a little.

Remove ads