New Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

elecgraystone

First Post
Jade silently follows Eithal to the table, doing a pretty good job of staying hidden behind her. She'll poke her hear around the giant and add. "I too would like more information. An underground ruin sounds perfect for a job."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"I grew up underground and could help you. But be warned, no good can come from poking too deep."

Rockslide raises his head, but does not stand up.

OOC: waiting to see if my other PC levels up so I can join. Consider me intersted, 1st level defender. I can wait if there are others...no problem

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
[sblock="OOC"] Just a note Everyone I'm gonna try to give priority to people with only one character above peoples second character.

Not relavent yet, just a note for if more than 6 people sign up.
[/sblock]

On Puget Sound

First Post
Grigo straightens up and drops his outlandish illusory color, now looking like a normal gnome with nut-brown skin and black hair with faint glossy green highlights. He walks over to the recruiters.

I'm Grigo Deeproot, called Stickbug. I'm an illusionist. I can also sometimes see the future, and I'm pretty sure you'll need me on this expedition.

[sblock=ooc] This is my first character and would be my first L4W adventure. [/sblock]

Fragsie

Explorer
Psais

Having been sitting in silent contemplation in his corner; listening to all the different and varied conversations flowing back and forth across the tavern, Psais had faded into the background of the busy room.
As the three men enter and state their need for employees, the cross-legged deva cocks his head, as though listening to someone, or something on his shoulder. A moment later he nods as if in agreement to some unheard voice then stands and walks over to the table where the men sit waiting.

"I am interested in your offer child. I believe that this is the first fork in my path, and I am ready to walk down it at a brisk pace. I am also interested in the prospect of exploring some ruins, do you happen to know from what era or civilisation they remain?" Psais pauses a moment, realising that quite a few of the Hanged Man's occupants are interested too he decides that he should inform the serving men what his employment would offer.
"I am a scholar of many subjects, history being chief among them. In the dark forgotten places lie the ancient secrets that fuel my divine powers; in case there is indeed, danger." Psais finishes with a low bow to all three men then takes a step back to allow others to say their piece.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
[sblock="OOC"]
Ok, that looks like we'e got our 6.

Code:
Psias 		Deva Invoker/Shaman 1	2nd character	(Controller)
Zharne 		Elf Druid 1 		2nd character	(Controller)
Yimayngurr	Half-Orc Ranger 1	1st character	(Striker)
Eithal		Goliath Warden 1	2nd character	(Defender)
Jade		Duergar Druid 1		2nd character	(Controller)
Grigo		Gnome Wizard 1		1st character	(Controller)

Careful counting tells me only 2 people in the Tavern were 1st characters and I got both of them in the adventure, so after that it was first come first serve.

Very Controller Heavy group, with no leader... Zero healing outside of Second Wind, Is the group ok with that? Since the adventure was aimed at level 2, I do think it would be best if Jade stepped aside if we can get a leader in. Nothing personal, just the last character to sign up who wasn't a first character.

If we can't get a leader, we'll just try to see how long you live.

[/sblock]

The man with the pen and paper takes down names, as the man in charge answers your questions for more information.

"The mission involves travel to Allaria, we will provide passage. In Allaria is a ruin dating back to the historical empires.
Beneath the ruin was discovered a crypt or catacombs, It has not been sufficiently explored to make a proper determination yet. Something important belonging to my employer was lost in the crypt. I'm not at liberty to explain the specifics until we have left port.
The mission pays 600gp to be divided among you after you return with the goal. The passage to Allaria takes 3 weeks and we really must hurry so please make arrangements for the voyage soon."

Ozymandias79

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I can step aside instead of elecgraystone/Jade, I am afterall a judge and should set an example for others[/sblock]

Zharne looks at the three men at the table, sniffs and then shakes his head and says, "No, I don't like how you smell, so I will withdraw my offer!" then he turns around and walks away from the would be employers and to the bar, gets a new mug of ale and then walks to sit at the table with the shifter paladin and the halfling barbarian, raises his mug and says to his tablemates, "another round?"

elecgraystone

First Post
"Sounds good. But... A three week voyage? Does that mean a boat?" Jade sounded a little unsure about the boat part but sounds up for the adventure.
[sblock=OOC]
I can step aside instead of elecgraystone/Jade, I am afterall a judge and should set an example for others
Thanks! While I'd have been ok stepping aside if needed, I'm glad I didn't have to. An underground adventure sounds perfect for her. When you are used to always having walls, floors and ceilings everywhere you go, an outside type adventure would have been quite a shock.

Now the three week trip... Maybe I'll stay in the hold until we get there. :p

EDIT:Also, Psais' Initiative is wrong ( it should be 0 not -1). It seems to have gotten missed when you got approved.[/sblock]

On Puget Sound

First Post
A sea voyage. Splendid! Oh, Jade, don't worry, you will love it! Blue sky and clear blue water as far as you can see, the clean smell of fresh salt air, the gentle rocking to put you to sleep at night, back and forth, back and forth... Jade? Are you OK? You look a bit pale.

Remove ads