Proposal: Divine Power

Kalidrev

First Post
I think it's a little too golden if it's encounter long. Think about it this way: Your average party has two strikers if it's 5 or more players. If every striker out there went and got a hold of Hero of the Faith, and it lasted the entire encounter, the non-Avenger striker would way outshine the Avenger against that same enemy. I don't think that is very fair. One round of awesomeness is cool, two rounds even if the avenger takes the 2nd level utility power that grants a reroll, but an entire encounter of enhanced accuracy AND better damage (cause let's face it, the avenger's damage is NOT going to equal that of any other melee striker) is just plain unfair for us primary Avengers. In my opinion, HotF would be a guaranteed must have feat for any non-avenger striker and Avengers don't get much in reciprocation when it comes to MC feats. If I had a vote, there would be a very red, bold negatory on letting that slide, even with the additional two wisdom that it takes to get it in comparison to DoDW. Just my opinion; take it how you will.

CaBaNa

First Post
Don't build it bigger than it is, it's only on one enemy. Once that enemy drops it stops for the rest of the encounter. The avenger gets to choose a new target.

It isn't a diamond, it's just gold.

Kalidrev

First Post
You might be right. I am probably blowing it out of proportion, but what about encounters that are only a single solo creature?

Atanatotatos

First Post
Even elites are a good example. Actually, even a particularly nasty, normal moster, possibly a leader or controller, if eliminated early, changes the difficulty of the encounter entirely. And OoE on a melee striker is NASTY.

renau1g

First Post
With OoE, the most common striker to get it would be the Ranger (I think they would be the most likely to have the requisite Wis). He would tear through a foe even faster than he currently does. It makes arguably the most damaging class even more deadly. That being said, the other classes would have to give up a bit more to get the 15 Wis, as it's not a tertiary stat for any other strikers is it? I know the monk will be, but that's quite a bit out. Actually the warden would be a no-brainer to take it.

renau1g

First Post
Hey so do you think Nerf gets royalties for this? ;)

That being said it's not as broken as a bunch of other feats. I foresee WoTC taking a look at this in the near future. Man, if I was going to GenCon this feat would be on my must have.

ryryguy

First Post
This one stands out, and it's almost certainly an error. Is there any other multiclass feat that allows you to get a class feature that could be in effect for a whole encounter, every encounter? Not to my knowledge... except they originally had that for the ranger feat which granted Hunter's Quarry. And they nerfed that. WotC will nerf this one too, it's almost certain.

I guess since Divine Power can't go in for a few months yet, WotC may well get to it first. But if they don't by that time, we should do it. Lasts until the end of your next turn just like every other multiclass feat.

KenHood

First Post
Is there any other multiclass feat that allows you to get a class feature that could be in effect for a whole encounter, every encounter?
Yep. The 'Bravo' multi-class feat allows your character to get a +2 attack and damage against a single opponent for the entire encounter.

WotC will nerf this one too, it's almost certain.
That's why I say, "No Nerfs!" If it is an issue, post a message or send an e-mail to WOTC. It gives them the opportunity to address the problem with their product.

Anyway, WOTC has been consistent and prompt in fixing errors in their content. I think we should trust them to solve the problem, rather than creating our own solution based on a perception of a potential problem instead of experience with an actual problem. In other words, when I see posts discussing Nerfs, the general tenor of the argument is 'if someone wanted to abuse 'x', then someone could do thus-and-such'. However, if you look at our community, how many people here want to abuse the game and dampen other people's enjoyment? I think we can trust our players to behave in a conscientious manner, our DM's to act in a judicious manner, our judges to provide appropriate oversight, and WOTC to fix a problem in a timely manner. It's not that big a deal, because our community won't let it become that big a deal, so we don't need to address it by creating more rules or exceptions to cover it.

Remove ads