Possible CRT setting changes

Magi_Siani

First Post
The first resident of the new setting, aside from Siani, is in; Sabbah has a place in the Souq area. I should note that many of the buildings there will house more than one family or business. I have labeled the place taken with her name.

So yes, you don't have to wait for it to go live to 'move in' if that is your wish. For those wanting their own island, or someplace else on the main island, or in the Harbor...the large area maps are coming soon and the Harbor is under construction.

It is first come first served folks. I will work on maps pretty much continuously so eventually any claimed space will get labeled and possibly even detailed at some point.

Siani

Pain Noodle

First Post
I have a question for you... Now, I admit that I don't know the first thing about what it takes to operate, maintain and run a website/chat room or such but couldn't a lot of problems be solved if you allowed people the ability to make their own open rooms? If they have establishment ideas they'd like their character to run and operate or prefer a specific setting, they could just make an open room and play there. If the devils and demons wanted a room where they could just veg out in their natural form, they've got it. If people want firearms or, in my case, would love to have a cyberpunk setting, they can make it. Is this an issue of server space? Money? I go to another chat that's identical to the ISRP but allows room creation, both open and private, and I've always wondered what has stopped this place from having the same capabilities.

Thanks for your time.

Magi_Siani

First Post
It generally causes more headaches than it is worth for moderators in our opinion. As you pointed out..there are other places that do that. We don't. Doesn't mean we might not in future, but at this point in time we don't.

This is the way we do it with ISRP. If we ever get enough patrons to justify it we may add a SciFi room at some point that might include that. Currently we have the Modern room in the TMP. The other settings are variants on fantasy.

Some folk like settings with rules. Some don't. Some want something in between. We do it with settings and rules...kind of a heritage thing at this point..tradition of a sort.

Hope that helps.

Siani

Last edited:

Rhane

First Post
Awesome. I have a few teifling type characters i'd like to revive, would be nice to have them come around again. Now i'm only wondering what we could do to bring around more players again. Perhaps some sort of overhaul to the home page is in the works? I do miss how busy it used to be way back when.. :(

Magi_Siani

First Post
Awesome. I have a few teifling type characters i'd like to revive, would be nice to have them come around again. Now i'm only wondering what we could do to bring around more players again. Perhaps some sort of overhaul to the home page is in the works? I do miss how busy it used to be way back when.. :(

There are plans for this. I can't go into specifics as of yet. Ideas are still very welcome.

Siani

Infernal Scribe

First Post
I have a question for you... Now, I admit that I don't know the first thing about what it takes to operate, maintain and run a website/chat room or such but couldn't a lot of problems be solved if you allowed people the ability to make their own open rooms? If they have establishment ideas they'd like their character to run and operate or prefer a specific setting, they could just make an open room and play there. If the devils and demons wanted a room where they could just veg out in their natural form, they've got it. If people want firearms or, in my case, would love to have a cyberpunk setting, they can make it. Is this an issue of server space? Money? I go to another chat that's identical to the ISRP but allows room creation, both open and private, and I've always wondered what has stopped this place from having the same capabilities.

Some suggestions on this..

This is a easy solution to fix if you want to play in a devils/demons room, cyberpunk room/or whatever room. The two Freeform rooms (Carpe DM and Ahoy! Adventure!) if not already in use, can be whatever setting you want them for, for the purpose of your RP. The fact is, its a public room. And if you want it to be private, you just inform anyone that isn't wanted in the room that the RP scenario currently in play is private. And if they continue to disrupt it, then email the local Magi with your complaint. Common sense would indicate that someone would have to describe the RP location and the scenario to new comers, and then expand from there (basically someone acts as the Game Master).

In addition, you can be cyberpunk shadowrunners, gods or semi-divine (despite the fact it goes against the setting, but thats okay, because its your fantasy), time traveling physicans, and have laser guns with giant transformable robots in the Great Bazaar room and setting as a reminder.

Last edited:

Magi_Siani

First Post
Thank you, Raj. For some reason I tend to overlook those two rooms.

He is right of course; Carpe DM and Ahoy! Adventure can be literally anything those in them want them to be.

Siani

Pain Noodle

First Post
I'm aware of those rooms but they seem to be used more for people carrying their rp to another room for privacy. It was more a suggestion because this seems to be an attempt at jazzing the place up some. Re-ignite interest and try to draw in new and old blood alike. I've heard talk of possible new rooms or perhaps even trying to find a new use for old, unused rooms. What if the lounge simply doubled as an ooc chat as well as the lounge? That would open up one room and pop people right into a (possible) warm and inviting environment.

I've forgotten whatever I had in mind to say....

Magi_Trelian

First Post
Well, once upon a time the Lounge (or whatever was the log-in room) had OOC chat but people complained about it. :)

Many people liked the ability to come in, sit quiet, and read char descriptions or wait for a friend to show up, without being blasted with a lot of lines of talk. So there's Nexus for OOC talk where people can make a deliberate choice to be in that kind of environment.

Having users create new rooms wouldn't buy you anything more than using Carpe or Ahoy unless you also give users the ability to set up room descriptions and that's trickier to grant than just room creation. And who then controls the room? Would other people be allowed to set it up if the original creator wasn't around? Also, just like the current free play rooms, you wouldn't be able to tell if the new rooms were intended for open or private RP unless you PMed one of the people already inside, or risk jumping in and see if you get yelled at.

But we are rethinking the other rooms. As Rajak's player pointed out, the Great Bazaar and Cage rooms are open to nearly any type of play but the Sigil-based setting description makes them less welcoming to something like cyberpunk even though allowed. Maybe that will change too.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases