Valley of the Dead: Chapter 1 "A gathering of heroes"

Voda Vosa

First Post
The barbarians seems to have found a diversion, as the little girls rushes to him, but is dead stopped by her sister. His smile is full of sharp tooth, as the others can see when he laughs. "Thok has little toy for girl. Thok great hero." he shakes the fluffy rabbit, that seems like a mouse between his sturdy fingers.
Listen: 8

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Never the one to get between siblings Kye let' sthe older take charge of her younger sister without interference. When the rag doll is successfully rescued the Helmite lifts his sword in salute to the half-orc. "Well met!" he says in congratulations.

"Eh? What is that?" he asks cocking his head to the side.

[sblock=listen]
17 [/sblock]

cheshire_grin

First Post
Peth sighs as the impetuous orc grabs Tatters from the bush, but the growing chill and far-off rumbles draw his attention.

"Kye, Jill... I mislike those clouds and the growing cold. The day fails too swiftly to be purely natural. I think we should find some shelter, and soon." After a moment he glances at Thok and adds carefully, "I believe a meal and some drink would not go amiss."

[sblock=ooc]
Listen check: 25, Spot check: 19
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Yes. Food. Merry promise food. Thok found little girl and raggy rabbit" says the orc, apparently he is now aware that he is going to be rewarded for his efforts, as he rubs his belly with anticipated satisfaction.

Myth and Legend

First Post
While Merry is busy calming her sister down, and Thok is too distracted by the thoughts of food and ale to come, Kye can hear the distinct sounds of soft sobbing coming seemingly from nowhere.

Peth can even make out words between the crying, distant whispers among the wind: "Why... *sob* Leave us *sob*, leave him! *sob* No, no, nooo! Go away! Awayyy!" The Gnome looks around and spots what seems to be the eerie outline of female hands grasping the railing where the wet hand prints have now darkened.

The air is cold enough for one to see his or her breath in a white puff of steam, and the birds have suddenly stopped singing in the nearby trees. Tatters is still hanging in Thok's hand, and is still nothing more than a rag doll.

The female paladin smiles and takes off her helmet. She has long curly hair the colour of golden wheat in mid harvest, and her face now truly resembles that of a porcelain doll - delicate, beautiful and pure. "You know, for one that has not been imitated in an Order you sure sound like a Paladin. There is a monastery dedicated to Ilmater in the mountains to the North-East. Maybe you should go there some day, it could bring answers to some of your questions."

The young boy looks around, but apart from Adelaide, the other Paladins have their visors down, and Lazarus is standing with his back facing the lad. Apart from that, the boy can see that the six rows of benches are half full with people, and that there is a door to the side of the altar, probably leading back to the sanctuary.

Alevyth soon sees a silver haired Aasimar walk in the room, the man seeming quite roughed up by traveling, but capable with the scimitar on his hip and the staff in his hands. More people are brought in, most of whom requiring healing. This seems to slow whatever Lazarus had in mind, and the Paladin soon loses patience and steps up on the podium.

He stands there for a moment, hands behind his back, eying the people around with a stern look on his face and steel in his eyes. "What in Lathander's holy flame did you all think, starting a fight in the middle of the square? I would know who is responsible for this and what in the Nine Hells made you all disregards the laws of this kingdom and the safety of the attending civilians!"

Everybody is quiet, and those who have already been patched up by the clergy are looking at their feet in shame. "Anyone? What are you - warriors or naughty children caught by their mother? Speak up you cowards!" The Paladin's voice is quite strong when he raises it.

His appearance is that of a middle aged man, with wrinkles around the edges of his hazel eyes and strands of silver in his shoulder length brown hair. His shoudlers are broad and he is very tall when compared to the men around him. He has a strong square chin and white skin, and everything in his manners suggests that he is nobility.

From this distance it is apparent that his armour is lavishly decorated with engravings of heraldry and what seems to be text. The hilt of the greatsword on his back is somehow glowing with light, suggesting that he is wielding no ordinary blade.

[sblock]Alevyth is in the middle of the row of benches, with Adeladie to his right. Senslar walks in and is a few feet from the entrance when Lazarus speaks, although he can see and hear pretty much everything clearly.[/sblock]

Theroc

First Post
Alevyth smiled broadly as Adelaide 'let her hair down', her doll-like face definitely something many could consider a work of art. "You know, for one that has not been initiated in an Order you sure sound like a Paladin. There is a monastery dedicated to Ilmater in the mountains to the North-East. Maybe you should go there some day, it could bring answers to some of your questions."

"Aye, I hear that quite often, when one brings up matters of Faith. As I said, I do what I can to further what I feel is their purpose, and it appears someone has blessed me with the ability to continue that endeavor. I may visit that temple sometime, if conditions permit me the luxury." The Balwer boy replied, still smiling at the woman, before turning his gaze to the inside of the Temple. As Lazarus began to speak, Alevyth could feel his anger quite clearly.

"What in Lathander's holy flame did you all think, starting a fight in the middle of the square? I would know who is responsible for this and what in the Nine Hells made you all disregards the laws of this kingdom and the safety of the attending civilians!" Alevyth remained quiet for now, unsure whether or not he should answer that, as he had intervened to enforce the laws of the land, not disregard them. He did not lower his gaze, however. Instead, Alevyth watched Lazarus intently, even being so bold as to meet the man's eyes, should the Morninglord's Paladin choose to turn his gaze upon the boy.

"Anyone? What are you - warriors or naughty children caught by their mother? Speak up you cowards!"

And it was at this point that Alevyth chose to speak.

"I am no coward, Lazarus Trimenheim. My name is Alevyth Balwer, follower of the ideals of the Vigilant One and the Broken God. My actions today were in the interest of quelling the conflict before it grew out of hand. Alas, it is difficult for me to impose order while I can see nothing but sparkling lights. My goal was to aid and enforce the Laws, guarding the citizens from needless bloodshed, not to ignore them and brawl mindlessly. For my failure, I submit myself to whatever punishment the Morninglord or his servants see fit." As he finished, he bowed, awaiting a response. Hopefully he had no violated some unspoken rule of Angelwatch with his response.

Last edited:

cheshire_grin

First Post
Peth's eyes widen as he looks on the legendary White Lady for the first time. Even as he begins almost instinctively cataloguing the experience -- the size of the handprints, the rapidity of the temperature drop and any other details he can make out -- his hand drops to his spell component pouch, seeking the powdered silver he keeps there.

"Jill, Merry, get away from the bridge, it is most unsafe here. I fear we have angered the Lady, or soon will. Kye!" he snaps. "There are innocents in danger, we need to get Jill and Merry to safety immediately."

[sblock=ooc]Do we need to roll initiative or do wel still have time to act before combat rounds start?[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Tis be a restless spirit about!" Kye says in puffs of white breath. "Show thyself coward, the Eye of The Watcher will find ye."

Hearing the gnomes plee he steps towards the ladies. "Come my ladies," he says, "I must see thee safe before letting the justice of Helm carry the day."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"What be that? Thok not like" the barbarian widens his nostrils and frowns. The "thing" had no smell. For Thok's limited understanding of things, that was not good, nor natural. He raises his blade in the air and readies to strike the thing down. "THOK NOT LIKE!" he repeats, showing his teeth, this time with a feral expression.

Remove ads