Valley of the Dead: Chapter 1 "A gathering of heroes"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Aye little mistress," he says hoisting Jill onto his shoulders after securing Yasaderian to it's scarrab. A brightness seems to come to the helmites eyes and a whisper comes from his lips, "Thank thee Helm."

Theroc

First Post
Alevyth listened intently to the exchange, his hand remaining on his hilt as he watched with veiled distaste at the ranger's conduct with in a place of worship. However, at hearing the undead, the Balwer boy's worry turned more towards the peasants. His hand left his hilt as his brow furrowed, contemplated a proper procedure for excusing himself to set out himself to slay the undead. However, before he could do so, Lazarus came to a response of his own.

Very well. Adelaide, take this fine young man, if he is willing - he points to Alevyth with his mail clad fist. - as well as master Sensalar and see to it that Bran is assisted with the extermination. I hope both of you men will agree to aiding my second lieutenant? Be careful, her wit is as swift as her blade."

"It would be my pleasure to assist your second lieutenant, milord..." Alevyth replied simply, before turning his gaze to Adelaide with a smile before he spoke again, more softly. "Lead on, fair lady."

ethandrew

First Post
Latham stops in his tracks, not even bothering to turn and face the man, his hand reaching deep into his wool jacket, fiddling. His mouth moves ever so slightly, and Keht might be able to notice the faintest of whispers if it weren't for the throng of people, the shouting of the carriage master, and the clops of horseshoes on the cobblestoned plaza square, "Speak your mind, old man. Do it quickly, my time is valuable and I haven't the time for eccentricities. Where shall we meet?"

jager0727

First Post
Sensalar turns toward the paladin, "I'll be happy to assist in any way I can. Meanwhile I wish you luck in your investigation brother Lazarus."
He moves near Bran asking, "What did you say the name of your large, wooly friend was again, he seems a noble fellow. He reminds me of a simpler time in my life."

Last edited:

Myth and Legend

First Post
Despite Jill's loud whining and objections against leaving Tatters behind, the group sets off towards the City at Merry's invitation. A light rain starts drizzling as the three men and two girls make their way across the deserted dirt road, towards what seem to be farmhouses surrounding the stone walls of Angelatch.

Merry leads Peth, Kye and Thok towards what seems to be an average-sized farmhouse, made of thick logs and with a thatched roof and a stone chimney on the East end.

"Come in, please, I'll make you some tea and you can rest a bit. You are our saviours after all." Merry invites the men inside the main room, which seems adequately furnished, although not lavish by any means. There is a thin wool rug on the floor, a table and two chairs, and some wooden toys scattered about the floor, no doubt the property of Jill.

Merry winds her hair up and smiles with a radiant grin, as she brushes the water off from her little sister's forhead. "I have to change my dress and shirt - I must go to the "Three Queens" inn soon - Mr. Hatley lets me help in the Tavern so i can earn enough coin for me and Jll to live normally. Please, feel at home."

After she says that, Merry puts a kettle over a big oil lamp and lights it, and then heads up the creaking staircase to the second floor. Jill on the other hand, has managed to scurry away under the table and is playing with something she got off the floor.

"Splendid! - Lazarus cheers and moves back towards the altar. - Bran i trust the villagers will not be reeling in the harvest in the dusk and rain. Adelaide - the female Paladin straightens her back when she hears her name. - Take these men to "The Silver Boar" and arrange for their lodgings, have them be counted towards our group. You will head out on your mission tomorrow morning after the dawnprayers."

Adelaide nods and urges on Alevyth and Sensalar to follow her outside. Bran is scratching his head for a moment, but then decides against arguing and follows them as well. He sulks for a moment, but then turns towards the Aasimar. "'Es' name be Lobri. He's my friend - the big man slaps the ram's neck with a heavy palm. The creature eyes him with apathy and continues walking slowly besides the group. - He's a special breed, live only in da high mountains they do, and only 'ere in Muirlane. Dire Rams - strong beasts they be fer sure. Where have ye seen one silver-haired boyo?"

The light rain outside was getting stronger, and the crowds were already dispersing, even if the group was a curiosity to watch.

"Head towards "The Lone Traveler", It's further down the Southern street." Latham hears in his ear. The man's voice seems annoyed, but the Wizard can see hiim packing some scrolls and books in a Bag of Holding and making his way south, conveniently using the farther edge of the street, far enough not to be in the range of the coachman's whip, who was now cursing at the peasantry blocking the path of his carriage.

Back at the Temple, Latham can see the Ranger and his pet, and the two men he had meat previously, exit and head down the Northern road.

The drizzle will soon turn in to a pouring rain, that much is apparent to the spellcaster as he looks up at the thickening gray clouds.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Thok sits comfortably. He seems rather happy, his eyes examine the house. He had never been on such things. Quite nice, he could get used to it. Of what Merry said, little he understood. Of course, there must be something related to the food he had been promised with after his heroic acts.
Absentmindly, Thok scratches the wood with his sharp nails, waiting for the lass.

Theroc

First Post
Alevyth nodded, following Adelaide without any protest, as things seemed to be going in his favor for the time being. He also vaguely wondered to himself if he should invest a bit more coin into the decoration of his armor, or if such vanities were not truly a benefit to the Lathandrians so much as an indulgence of a minor vice.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Nay beast-man," Kye says indicating the scratches. "Do not bring ruin to these good people's home. Thy deeds have been great and ye should nay ruin them by such other actions."

Kye sitting his helm on the table begins plucking at the plume, he is still uneasy by the failure (the first time ever in his life) against the White Lady.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Wha? Oh..." Thok quits the scratching. But after that, he eyes Kyle "Me Great Thok, no 'bistman'." he says puffing his broad chest. "Thok save you life, and be no stupid. Respect Thok." a pointy fang sprouts from Thok's jaw.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases