Valley of the Dead: Chapter 1 "A gathering of heroes"

ethandrew

First Post
Latham heads south in annoyance, annoyed at the wizened wizard, the rain, paladins, Angelwatch. Keht followed him obediently. Inwardly, the shelter of a tavern, of which Latham assumed The Lone Traveler to be, sounded inviting in the coming downpour, lest he resort to scour the town looking for the paladin's barracks.

The place wasn't necessarily hard to find, not one as astute as the young Enchanter, and he waited for Keht to get the door, which the shrouded Githyanki did unasked.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"The Hand of Helm needs..., " Kye starts to say but sighs instead of finishing. "Ye be right... Thok ye did save us one and all. Ye are a great hero." Looking athis guantlet with the eye of The Watcher carved into it Kye sighs again. "I am the Hand of Helm, the Eyes of The Watcher, the Fist of The Vigilant One, Kyelingar Godtouched. And ye may call upon me to do thy any service ye have need of." He says holding out a guantleted hand.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Me Thok" says Thok, redundantly, and holds his hand, fist closed and rigid, next to Kyelingar's, not sure how should he salute him, as it seems to him that was the cleric's intentions. Thok allowed himself a smile, wide and toothy. Someone had just called him Hero.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Taking the half-orcs forearm in hand, Kye waits for Thok to do the same. With their forearms grasped Kye smiles and says, "Thy pleasure to greet thee Thok. Ye may call me Kye."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Oh that's how..." mumbles the half orc for himself, as he graps Kye's forearm. "Kye. Why you speak funny Kye?" Thok snorts after his statement "Thok speaks funny too."

Myth and Legend

First Post
The screeching staircase announces Merry's return before the girl shows herself. She has wrapped a white towel around her head and has changed her dress, she now wears a red and black garment, with a white lace shirt underneath. "Sorry to make you wait. - She smiles charmingly when she sees the men grasping their arms. - Glad you are being civil. No good can come from quarreling."

The girl reaches in to one of the cupboards by the fireplace and produces a pouch, no bigger than the size of a fist. She grabs a pinch of some dried herbs and puts them in the boiling teapot. Soon the beverage is ready and served in four clay mugs. "Jill bring some bread and cheese for our guests!" Merry shouts, and jumps with surprise as her younger sister dashes from underneath the table and heads down a flight of wooden stairs, in what seems to be a pantry.

"So, what brings you to Angelwatch master Cleric?" Merry sits on a chair and rubs her hair with the towel. "Oh, and where is our Gnome friend? I'm sure he was with us a moment ago." the girl says with a perplexed look on her face.

Adelaide is leading the group, with a faint smile on her face. While Bran and Sensalar are conversing, she looks over her shoulder and nods to Alevyth. "He is testing you. That's what Lazarus usually does, when he considers truly accepting someone as an ally to the Order. It means he saw worth in you two, else he wouldn't have sent me along to judge your actions. He knows I'm smart enough to understand his true intentions without him having to express them in words."

Latham enters the tavern, and is immediately taken by the smell of roasted meat, wine and ale. The place is packed with people, and the loud shouting, rustling of dice and cursing overtakes any private conversations that might be taking place. He can see the older Wizard sitting in a corner table, with his hands clasped before him. Nobody seems to care about Latham, as the mage makes his way and sits across the table. "Welcome. It is refreshing to find someone of adequate intelligence to converse with." the man speaks with slow, well measured words. A plump, dark haired serving wench passes the table frequently, but seems to be used to being called out for, and does not pay attention to the two patrons yet.

jager0727

First Post
Sensalar walks alongside Bran as the large man seems to be content to follow Adelaide, despite his earlier headstrong manner.
"I was raised amongst farming communities and spent the greater part of my life living the forest's secrets for myself, so I may have a better familiarity with the worldoutside the walls of a city than most. Still, I must confess, I do not believe I have ever seen Lobri's equal. He is truly an exemplary creature and I'm sure, a noble friend."
As they converse Sensalar notes the way the man refers to Lobri as a friend and not a pet and decides that, despite his rough demeanor and earlier brashness, Bran is a worthy ally and perhaps a kindred spirit worthy of being called friend.

Theroc

First Post
"He is testing you. That's what Lazarus usually does, when he considers truly accepting someone as an ally to the Order. It means he saw worth in you two, else he wouldn't have sent me along to judge your actions. He knows I'm smart enough to understand his true intentions without him having to express them in words."

"Is he then? I suppose he'll be having a different test in mind for the mage? Or is he not meant as a true ally? As for myself... I do not believe such a test would be truly necessary, but I will not object, as anyone would attest to being worthy themselves... had Lazarus not asked us to go, I would be out attempting to liberate those tortured husks from their shackles and allow them to pass on... this very night." Alevyth replied to Adelaide in a volume matching her own, waiting for Sensalar to rejoin them.

ethandrew

First Post
Latham enters the tavern, and is immediately taken by the smell of roasted meat, wine and ale. The place is packed with people, and the loud shouting, rustling of dice and cursing overtakes any private conversations that might be taking place. He can see the older Wizard sitting in a corner table, with his hands clasped before him. Nobody seems to care about Latham, as the mage makes his way and sits across the table. "Welcome. It is refreshing to find someone of adequate intelligence to converse with." the man speaks with slow, well measured words. A plump, dark haired serving wench passes the table frequently, but seems to be used to being called out for, and does not pay attention to the two patrons yet.

Latham pays no heed to the wench or any of the other patrons, he only stares intently into the wizards eyes before responding, with Keht standing stoically behind the Enchanter. "I find my adequate intelligence refreshing as well. Tell me, old man, did you find your earlier antics in the plaza square as entertaining as I? There's naught better than watching complete incompetence being wrought in the name of the gods."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Adressing Merry Kye looks about for the gnome. "Thy new companion seemed eager to arrive at yon town. Mayhaps he went ahead then."

Then comig back to face Merry he says, "Helm, the Great Guardian has sent thee a vision of this poor acursed place. Thine heart was filled with sorrow for those whom can nay defend themselves from thy enemies, The Fist of the Vigilant One has come to this place called The Valley of the Dead, by some, to put any unsettled souls to rest."

Kye starts to fill alittle better after his defeat by the White Lady, like he has found a focus again.

Remove ads