Valley of the Dead: Chapter 1 "A gathering of heroes"

cheshire_grin

First Post
Peth pats the girl reassuringly on the shoulder. "I think it would be very unfair for Tatters not to forgive you for being scared for such a good reason."

Then he turns to Kyelingar, his face very serious. "I have read of the White Lady several times; as best I can determine she is an incorporeal creature of some significant power. Drawing her attention, let alone her ire, would be extremely unwise."

Not that I expect that to make much of an impression on this... eager young man. He sighs internally.

All the same, the little gnome's heartbeat quickens at the mere mention of the White Lady; the sources he had seen were woefully inconsistent regarding her actual appearance, demeanor, powers, and intentions. Any tiny scrap of information he could glean about her would be well worth whatever small effort need be made to retrieve the girl's doll-or whatever Tatters turned out to be.

Peth smiles at the girl's request and quirks an eyebrow at Kyelingar, waiting to see how he responds.

Myth and Legend

First Post
Although not the sharpest of minds, Thok's battle experience and natural cunning quickly allow him to weigh the girl over for what she is other than a beautiful female. He notices the dagger on her hip, and what can only be a spell component pouch on her right side. She wears a ring on her finger that seems too valuable in contrast with her plain dress.

He does feel she is honest in her displayed demeanor, and does not sense any attempt at trickery, although it is not as easy to concentrate on her face just for the sheer purpouse of judging her expression. The girl smiles and shakes her head, while remaining stationary.

"Jill is a girl - that's a female name in our parts. She is my little sister and she ran away to play in the wilderness again. So... what brings a strong man like you to our town?"

Her voice is sweet and incredibly calm, and the lass's gray eyes meet Thok's for a moment, lacking in fear or prejudice.

[sblock] Voda use the sblock tabs for rolls next time please :) Everyone else - I'll wait for you guys to roleplay your conversations out, and give a chance to the slower posters as well. I do want the action to be moving evenly for all the PCs. Also, cheshire_grin - very good RPing so far![/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Uohm... Thok wanders. Walks a lot, from home. Then comes here. Thok heard nice people here need help with things. Thok helps, he is big. Bu Thok needs food and gold, he helps for food. And gold."
The halforc stares empty minded at the girl. "And who you be? Thok thinks you be witch of sorts. Like shaman Harknok." The massive barbarian seems to be trying to remember something. He takes about a minute, and frowns. "Thok don't like sorcery... Confuses Thok... So don't be making funny things with that little knife and that magic dust bag, and Great Thok will help you find your brother...er...sister."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Standing before the girl Kye turns Yasaderian's blade so it points to the sky. "It saddens me Little Mistress Jill, but the Hand of Helm must ever be ready to strike," he says, bowing low the sword dipping before him as he sweeps it wide to his side. "But after our victory against the White Lady, I will gladly houst thee onto thy shoulders to declare are victory!"

Kye then straps on his sheild and turns to the gnome. "Lead on the Fist of The Vigilant One Master Gnome for he is ready to strike."

[sblock=ooc]You were right everything the gnome said had no effect on him. Here we go again, I'll try to keep him in check but it will be hard. -HM [/sblock]

cheshire_grin

First Post
Peth stares at Kyelingar, deep misgivings evident on his face.

"I should add that I have no knowledge or evidence of the Lady being evil; my point was merely that angering her unnecessarily is unwise; I see no reason we cannot simply retrieve Tatters and be on our way without complication." Turning to Jill, he adds, "Lead the way, youngling."

As they walk, Peth begins planning how to get Jill and himself safely away if the Helmite can't contain himself; his fingers pat his spell component pouch several times, checking that his spell components are intact and ready for use.

Myth and Legend

First Post
Everyone: Despite the awkward timing and a situation that calls for no such thoughts, each of our heroes remembers something he is fond of and makes hims smile. The pleasant memories surges trough your minds and brings about a feeling of hope and joy despite the grim situation in Angelwatch. It is almost as if a higher benevolent force is giving you encouragement and cheer.

[sblock]It's Myth's birthday today! I turn 24 :) Everyone gets a temporary + 2 "pure" bonus to Int, Wis and Cha for the rest of the day. You may factor it in your skills/spells.[/sblock]

hellrazor111

First Post
After most of the people leave to listen to the mage and paladin, Maximus approaches the big man. "It is my usual tendency to hunt down evil, but I see the logic in your words, if everyone leaves, who will defend the town?" Maximus draws his red bladed sword and asks "Are you with an organization, like this town's watch?"

ethandrew

First Post
Alevyth's hand rose to catch the arm, pulling it from his chest before speaking. "Ho there... there's no need to be pushy... so much simpler to just ask me to step aside, is it not?" The youth replied, his hand still holding the wrist he'd seized, to ensure that at least one of them did not simply walk away.

Latham noticed Keht's movement stopped and then he heard the words spoken to his friend. He turns and notices the monk looking at the Enchanter with a confused do I punch him look. With a quick scrunch of his face and a barely noticeable shake of the head, Latham replies in lieu of his confused cohort, "He doesn't speak the language, I'm afraid. And if I had to stop and ask politely each person to move out of my way, well then I'd be here all day wouldn't I? You understand."

He fixes the man with a firm gaze, a look like he's speaking to a simpleton. When he notices the unreleased grip, he takes a step closer and speaks quietly and slowly. "He's ripped off limbs for less," he says in reference to the wrist-grab.

Theroc

First Post
"He doesn't speak the language, I'm afraid. And if I had to stop and ask politely each person to move out of my way, well then I'd be here all day wouldn't I? You understand."

Alevyth frowned softly. "I'm sure this far back in the crowd, you could afford to take a few moments to show common courtesy. What if you'd struck an elderly woman? Why she'd have fallen onto the street in the crowd, and possibly be trampled..."

As the man drew closer, Alevyth prepared himself for possible conflict, having dealt with those who use concealed weapons in public like this previously.

"He's ripped off limbs for less," "So, he does not speak the common tongue, and he murders people who don't appreciate being rudely bumped into. He sounds like a fellow bound for the gallows, and shortly after the Nine Hells." The boy replies in irritation, debating whether he should strike down this strange-looking being, to protect future innocents from his rampages, or whether he should wait until he caught this next rage. He very slowly released his grip, looking sternly at Latham.

"I had best not catch him dismembering anyone, or he and I will most certainly have troubles. You understand."

ethandrew

First Post
With eyebrows raised, "Most assuredly, I understand." He turns and walks away, the tall, cloaked figure in tow. After a few steps, Latham turns and walks backwards away from the armored threatener, "Oh, and so you're aware, it's quite likely to survive after your arm gets torn off." He turns once more and shrugs, stating loudly and sarcastically with his back turned, "Who knew?!"

Remove ads