Valley of the Dead: Chapter 1 "A gathering of heroes"

Voda Vosa

First Post
"You talk too much for Thok's taste little man. Who's Tatters? More lost little humans? Thok big warrior, not big children seeker." protests the confused barbarian Thok, not happy to have to look for another lost child. Or at least that's what he thinks he will have to do.
"Where is he? Thok... re-trie-ves. Got long arms see?" he shakes his hairy forearm.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Thou doth not need to retrieve thy lost companion of Mistress Jill." Kye tells the large half-orc. "That is thee quest of the Hand of Helm."

"Thy quest is to find your sister then it gladdens thy heart that she is but the other side of this bridge. Prayth come we shall unite thee and praise Helm for helping in thee fulfillment of both our noble goals." Turning to walk to the other side of the bridge Kye seems to signal something to Peth, but it is lost on the gnome what the Helmite wants. With his back to all the others he calls again for the little girl. "Jillll!!!"

Voda Vosa

First Post
"That's fun. Thok tries." The half orc inflates his lungs with a huge volume of air, and shouts in a low pitched feral baritone voice:
JIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILL!!

Myth and Legend

First Post
Merry is surprised to see the Gnome appear out of the shadows beneath the bridge, but when he talks she sighs and makes an exaggerated frown. "Tatters - honestly i don't know why Jill is so obsessed with this filthy rag doll. I have bought her several other toys, but she insists. I swear children born in the spring can be very stubborn. - she pauses and looks over towards the other side of the bridge. - we are not poor you know, she can wear her clean clothes, but that torn up dress is practically stuck on her back."

Merry shakes her head and looks over at the Archivist: "And you, master Gnome, why are you taking an eight year old girl's nonsense to heart? Tatters is a rag doll, her imaginary friend. Who cares if it likes to be touched or not?"

When the men start shouting, Merry just giggles and displays her white teeth. Over in the distance, the tiny frame of a little girl pops up from the grass and looks around. When she notices everyone she waves once more and starts running towards them. She soon reaches the group and unexpectedly hides behind Kye's armor plated leg. "Merry are you mad at me?" she asks with an overly sad tone.

The woman turns her gaze towards the two men and sighs. "I have not been acquainted with the local Dawnbringer myself, but he is not a man of a pleasant demeanor by any means. He is quick tempered as well, and If that man is your friend you should warn him against antagonizing Ferviel too much - he is, above all else, a very renown and strong Cleric of our holy Chirch and even master Lazarus speaks to him as an equal."

She slows her pace down and sheathes hers sword with her left hand, an interesting feat that tells Alevyth that she is either left handed or ambidextrous. The female Paladin turns her face towards the lad once more and speaks with a calm voice: "I am Adelaide Swiftblade. Tell me your name, and explain your allegiances towards Helm and Illmater if you will. Both deities are revered highly by my Order."

Theroc

First Post
"I have not been acquainted with the local Dawnbringer myself, but he is not a man of a pleasant demeanor by any means. He is quick tempered as well, and If that man is your friend you should warn him against antagonizing Ferviel too much - he is, above all else, a very renown and strong Cleric of our holy Chirch and even master Lazarus speaks to him as an equal."

"That man is no friend of mine, simply a rude man with an ill temper I met just before the fighting started. It seems he's met someone who is much less likely to take his rude behaviour, though he seems in one piece yet..."

As the lady turned to face him, Alevyth smiled pleasantly. Now that the fighting was over, the woman was notably more polite... and he was much more comfortable seeing her face then hearing a disembodied voice.

"I am Adelaide Swiftblade. Tell me your name, and explain your allegiances towards Helm and Illmater if you will. Both deities are revered highly by my Order."

"My name is Alevyth Balwer, and it is indeed a pleasure to make you acquaintance, milady..." Alevyth made a short bow with his head low, so as not to move away, lest she suspect he was attempting some escape plan, "My allegiances with Helm and Ilmater are both simple and complex. You see... I've never had any contact with either deities, through clergy or otherwise. I simply have dedicated myself to their goals and found myself... blessed for it. Whether it is Helm, Ilmater, both or neither is something I do not know. All I know is I share some of a Paladin's gifts, and have not been formerly inducted into any organization..."

The young man finishes, his crystalline blue eyes gazing easily at her face, a small smile on his face. "If we have time, perhaps I could learn a bit of your experiences in allegiance to the Morninglord, after the misunderstanding regarding the brawl is settled..."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"This be Jill?" Asks Thok. He seems to understand the obvious reply to his question, as he continues. "At last. Searching lost boys be exhausting for Thok. He suddenly turns to Merry. "Little Merry didn't say Jill was a Grajkut" The last word is pronounced in orc, and means girl. "Thok at least would have known what to look for." He points at Jill intently.

And who's Tatters, and what's a... Ra-gg... Duuul? A weapon? Merry said nothing about weapons. Thok wants one."

ethandrew

First Post
Ferviel looks quite irritated to say the least. His brows thicken as he grasps the hilt of his mace. "I swear by Lathander's holy light, I should bash your skull in right now you insolent little turd!" He stops and eyes Latham over. "But this operation will need bookworms like you - I hear there might be a Lich in the Valley. They always target the arcane spell-slinger first." Ferviel grins wickedly, revealing his teeth. He sure doesn't act like a bucket of sunshine, which is strange, as Latham knows that this is certainly a part of Lathander's dogma and usually priests of Lathander are positive and optimistic morning people.

Latham guffaws with an abundance of exuberance. It was forced. So the rumors were true, there was a Lich.

"You know, I heard the best way to kill a Lich is to smash its phylactery with a large mace," he points to the grasped weapon Ferviel seems itching to try. "Besides, Liches only target us bookworks because they're threatened by us. They target priests and their ilk only because they don't like you. It's nothing personal, I'm sure." Latham notices Keht staring hard at a grappled man in the middle of the courtyard, the same who seemed so offended over nothing earlier, and now he was in a bit of an ordeal with some woman threatening him and entrails down his leg. Picturesque.

cheshire_grin

First Post
Peth frowns after Kye, wondering what that unhelpful gesture was intended to be. At Merry's words he smiles gently at her, cocking his head to one side.

"For various reasons, lady, I am quite accustomed to not being taken seriously myself. I doubt you experience it much, but it is intensely frustrating. What harm does it do to indulge her imagination and her love for her toy? As for her attachment... did you never have a prized toy or blanket, that comforted you even when all the world seemed strange or scary?"

He winces at Thok's immense shout, then watches Jill approach.

Myth and Legend

First Post
The woman looks at Thok hopelessly and slaps her forehead. "OK, yes well a rag doll is a plaything - a toy. And i promised ale and food only. For weapons you'll have to go to one of the smiths or the weapon shops along Steel Lane, but Dwarven crafted items cost a fair coin. Although i hear that Filippo has been looking to hire some swords, maybe you can talk to him later on. He has more money than he can spend in two life times."

Merry then turns and winks at the Gnome, silently asking for compliance. She then looks at Jill and waves her finger: "Where have you been young missy?! You know you are not allowed to play past the meadow next to the farm! There are bears here that could eat you all up. Ask these men here if you don't believe me."

Ferviel stares at Latham for a moment, before erupting in a belly-shattering laugh. "BWAHAHAH! You - he releases the hilt of his mace and points at the Wizard. - you have a mouth three sizes too big, even for one of your ilk! But you have backbone at least! I like a man with backbone! Come on now, let's humor the Paladins. T'will be better than healing morons for the rest of the afternoon! - the Priest urges Latham on, dispersing the crowd with nothing more than a stare. - So, have you met one? A Lich that is."

Adelaide smiles and nods, as she continues on, still gripping the lad's arm. "Well met Alevyth Balwer. So then, there are the inner workings of the order, that are not to be shared with outsiders. But i can tell you that serving Lathander is like nothing i have ever had the chance to experience. The Morninglord is gracious and benevolent, and our faith encourages brave new beginnings, optimism, competitive sports, beauty and art. I have met many fine men and women while traveling with the Order, and Lazarus - her eyes seem distant as she starts talking about Trimenheim. - he is simply magnificent. I have never seen a finer warrior, nor a more refined and educated man. He is an inspired leader, with a wise judgment and a benevolent nature. And that sword of his, it is simply amazing..."

Perhaps realizing that she is talking too much, Adelaide stops and a slight blush roses her cheeks. After a pause, she steers Alevyth towards the Cathedral entrance.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Toys are nice." states Thok while Merry is explaining. "Ah yes, food, Thok almost forgot."
The barbarian says, in the precise moment that his belly roars, hungrily. "Thok hungry."
He watches absentmindedly as Merry schooled her sister, and at the mention of bears, the man widen his brown eyes, and his nostrils.
"Yeah... But bears are not as scary as an orc savage charging at you with one of these" Says the half orc, taking his massive sword from his shoulders off for the first time. He turns it upside down and cleaves the bridge wood with it, leaving it standing there. "Besides, bears are tasty." he declares returning to the subject of food, which lack was apparently troubling him.

Remove ads