[OOC] A Paid Trip to Spellhold

Reklaw

First Post
Updated the character background above and reposted here.

[sblock=Character Background]--A small bundle wrapped in a thick rune-embroidered blue blanket lies in the middle of a blizzard. The bundle seems untouched by the cold but a high pitched nearly blood curdling scream can be heard through the roar of the blizzard--

Rudin stands up from cleaning the ox carcass, wiping his skinning blade against the grass. Tossing a small piece of meat to the wolf-like dog at his side he grins and ruffles the beast's head.

This hide would make great armor for his upcoming journey. There was nothing spectacular about it, it was a solid brown color and would look good with blackened trim. Rudin decided then that the shoulders would be embossed with his rune, the only thing left from his true family. None of the traders who crossed through Narfell had known anything though one of them suggested visiting Amn which was many days travel to the southwest. He had decided that day that he would travel there as soon as the snows began to melt. This armor was his last act of preparation. He had cleaned his hand axes and re-gripped his throwing hammers, packed the few belongings he had into a backpack, and now the day he would leave was coming soon. He dug the rune-embroidered cloth from his pouch. The blue had faded, bleached over time into a light blue. The gold thread that formed the rune was still bright and the shred of cloth still held some warmth to it. The rune was shaped somewhat like an upside down T, with three bars through the vertical line and horizontal arms angling up at 45-degree angles...

It had been a month since he had left the tribe behind and it still felt odd to be sleeping alone under the stars. At least he had his dog for company. Scratching him behind the ears he promised that soon they would have a warm meal and a warm fire, only a few more days and they would be out of the dangerous territory.

His waraxe had been a parting gift and it lay right next to him on the opposite side of his companion. It fit well into his wide hands and even though he could wield it easily enough with one hand he preferred the two-handed grip. The slightly longer than normal handle fit his style perfectly and Ordin, his tribe leader, had traded a few stacks of fur to get his rune engraved on the head...

The trip had been uneventful for the most part, he had managed to skirt most of the orc war bands and had avoided most of the other monsters. He'd gotten the chance to wet his new blade on a few orcs as he'd neared Amn. They hadn't expected him and he'd surprised them with a well thrown hammer and had made short work of them. In fact his blood had barely begun to boil in that fight. Thoughts of this left his mind completely as he entered Amn, this city was larger than any he'd ever seen...

Thinking that Rudin runs into either shadow thieves or cowled wizards in his search for knowledge about his rune. In the ensuing scuffle his dog is killed... Don't want to go into too much detail here as I'm not sure what you want to write up here
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Two thing: Area attacks don't affect spirit companions, so the was no danger of hitting it with Taran's attack. Also all enemies in the close blast give combat advantage (+2 to hit, sneak...) until the end of Taran's next turn.

And thanks for rolling, VV.

CaBaNa

First Post
Good news

and

Bad news

First the bad news, Thurinar is going to be meeting with an untimely end.

Then the good news, I'm going to lend a hand as a DM over in L4W.

Sorry to piddle out like that, thanks for the playtest opportunity, and I look forward to playing with everyone again in the future!

There is obviously a good amount of interest, so finding a replacement shouldn't be too difficult. I'll stick around and play until the replacement is found, and to keep some continuity to the story line.

When we find a replacement, or my game starts, I'll bow out.

Remove ads