Comprehensive Trait List

Sylrae

First Post
Has anyone seen or made a comprehensive list of PF Traits from all of the APs, Companions and Chronicles?
Sadly I have not. It's been the one big problem in our games. Everyone gets 2 traits, but the traits are so spread out that people dont realize they missed the one they wanted until like level 3.

That's actually the one complaint I have about pathfinder. Because it's subscription based, It's really hard to find what youre looking for. Unlike in 3.5e where you have a dozen books you need to look in the index for, you instead have 30 or so books to cover the same number of options, and there isnt a compiled version of the character options.

I'd even settle for a compilation that just indexes across all the pathfinder books giving book title and page number, so that we know which book has the option we're looking for.

ancientvaults

Explorer
That is why we are keeping it simple in my Pathfinder game. Subscription based? Maybe for you, but I feel that subscriptions for a roleplaying game are nonsense, not all of my players are hooked up to the internet all the time and we all like substance over digitalia for our gaming material. Pathfinder Core, Bestiary and maybe the Advanced Player's Guide. We get by just fine juggling everything published so far.

Rulings, not rules is the main model we follow. 3.5 got out of hand with dozens of books and Pathfinder isn't endearing with all of the material spread out in the Pathfinder line that isn't part of the core rules. However, we do quite well without an adventure path or chronicle at the table. Too many books to search through turns a game into a chore.

Xendria

First Post
But they are looking for character traits, which unfortunately are not covered in the Core Rule Book, Bestiary, or Advanced Player's Guide (that I know of). For these traits you have to delve into pathfinder subscription products.

Also, just my opinion as I too only use the Core Rules and Bestiary, Running without the Advanced Player's Guide when it releases would greatly hamper your game in that it gives player's more to enjoy, but not more to complicate.

Treebore

First Post
Well, I do have a lot of their product line in PDF, so maybe I can spend a few hours looking through them and copying/pasting. I am very lite on the Chronicles line, though. Which I believe most of the Trait material has been covered in. So I doubt I could get very comprehensive. Anyone heavy on the Chronicles PDF's?

I think once we do the compilation we should submit it to James to see if PAIZO is OK with it. Or if there is a way to make them OK with it.

Elodan

Adventurer
Pretty sure all the traits have been in either the Companion or AP lines.

It would be nice to have them in one place.

jreyst

First Post
I didn't look too closely, but that appears to be just what's available in the free download from Paizo (just the general traits).

You are correct. However, if someone else wants to get the rest of it online I'd be more than happy to set whomever up with access to the site and you can add it into the Traits section. Just sayin... :)

Set

First Post
In addition to the general Traits PDF, you can usually download the various Players Guides for free as well, to skim over their traits.

Legacy of Fire PG
Regional (Katapesh) Traits; Desert Child, Duskwalker Agent, Freed Slave, Merchant's Child, Nightstall Urchin, Pesh Addict, Pesh Dealer, Savannah Child and Uwaga Highlander.
Race Traits; Animal Friend (gnome), Child of Zolurket (dwarf), Ekujae Reflexes (half-elf), Forlorn (elf), Freedom Fighter (halfling), Genie Blood (human - Keleshite), Historian (human - Garundi), Latent Psion (human - Vudrani), Legacy of Sand (half-orc), Spirits in the Stone (human - Mwangi) and World Traveler (human - Varisian)
Religion Traits; Blade of Mercy (Sarenrae), The City Protects (Abadar), Cleansing the Twisted (Sarenrae), Eyes and Ears of the City (Abadar), Magic is Life (Nethys), Strength of the Sun (Sarenrae) and Wisdom in the Flesh (Irori)
Campaign Traits; Earning Your Freedom, Seeking Adventure, Reclaiming your Roots, Gnoll Killer, Missionary and Finding Haleen.

Council of Thieves PG
Campaign Traits; Child of Infamy, Conspiracy Hunter, Diabolist Raised, Infernal Bastard, Shadow Child, The Pathfinder's Exile and Westcrown Firebrand.

Curse of the Crimson Throne PG
predates Traits being divided up into Regional, Racial, Campaign, etc. but all could be considered Campaign Traits; Drug Addict (Addicted Friend or Personal Addiction), Framed (Family Honor or Dropout), Love Lost (Orphaned or Widowed), Missing Child (Missing Sibling or Missing Son / Daughter) and Unhappy Childhood (Tortured or Religious).

So, about 50 Traits available for free, in addition to the 40 Traits in the basic Traits PDF, which is also a free download.

Other Traits can be found in products you have to buy, such as Elves of Golarion, Qadira, Gateway to the East and Cheliax, Empire of Devils. (The Osirion companion does not have any new Traits in it, but you can find some Osirion-flavored fan-made Traits in the Wayfinder, also a free download at the Paizo site.)

Remove ads