What would AO from FR be?

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I think he would be a demiurge or time lord since he rules the whole FR cosmology

Given that there's nothing to suggest the presence of sidereals in FR, Ao would probably be considered a time lord.

Of course, that's in the 3E/4E version of the game where FR has its own multiverse. If you went with the 2E interpretation, wherein Realmspace was just a crystal sphere (solar system) on the Material Plane, then he'd more likely be an elder one.

Belzamus

First Post
I always pegged him as an Elder One, existing one dimension above the multiverse which he rules, alongside the over-deities of all the other campaign worlds. That's going by U_K's Kosmos, though, which tries to unify all the settings into a single omniverse with a reasonable amount of success.

Still, setting crossovers raise some questions.

Hey guys! :)

Well I think in FR you have to allow for immortals such as the Lady of Pain, Asmodeus (true form), the Serpent and so forth.

So I think having AO as probably a Demiurge works best.

Just because we don't know a lot about FR sidereals doesn't necessarily mean they don't exist. ;)

Hey guys! :)

Well I think in FR you have to allow for immortals such as the Lady of Pain, Asmodeus (true form), the Serpent and so forth.

So I think having AO as probably a Demiurge works best.

Just because we don't know a lot about FR sidereals doesn't necessarily mean they don't exist. ;)

Well, going back to the FR cosmology, what would you consider the Lady of Pain, Asmo's true form and the Serpent to be under your classification system?

How would a demiurge be able to strip 50 or so deities of their powers and reduce them to avatarhood?

In support of the sidereal theory, Ao did report to an even more powerful being at the end of the Avatar Trilogy (which of course was intended to be a representation of the DM, or perhaps TSR)

On a slightly unrelated note, is there any concept for subsmuing campaigns? To clarify lets say the Great Wheel cosmology pre 4.0 was 1 Time Lord (one multiverse) which presumably would contain Ao, LoP, Serpent etc inside of itself and worlds like Krynn, Aerbrynis, Toril, Oerth etc. Lets say some Duad comes along (Scarred Lands + Twin Crowns ) and gives the D&D Time Lord a sound thrashing. Can he absorb the campaign multiverse (becoming the Great Wheel multiverse in addition to the other two.

Do time lords (and higher) actually contain a multiverse within themselves or are they abstract representations like the Marvel Comics Eternity.

Also if a timelord so chose, could he duplicate the multiverse of another time lord? If so, how? I'm getting visions in my head of two multiverses clashing (the mortals seeing it as another Faerun appearing in the sky for example, invading) like a parralel universe kind of thing.
I can feel myself getting carried away with delusions of grandeur. Throw me a bone Krusty!

Last edited:

Akashic Effect is an Omnific (200 divine ability slots) and would be hard for a "mere" Demiurge to buy; even a Stage III would have to give up artifacts to get enough slots for one Omnific.

Well, going back to the FR cosmology, what would you consider the Lady of Pain, Asmo's true form and the Serpent to be under your classification system?

These *could* be sidereals -- but IIRC none of them have done anything a powerful Greater Deity couldn't.

The LoP, since she isn't worshipped, must get her quintessence from Power or Resonance, not Glory. I actually think that -- under IH rules -- she's probably getting some sort of special Resonance which would actually be weakened by worship (worship is anathema to whatever her power source is).

On a slightly unrelated note, is there any concept for subsmuing campaigns? To clarify lets say the Great Wheel cosmology pre 4.0 was 1 Time Lord (one multiverse) which presumably would contain Ao, LoP, Serpent etc inside of itself and worlds like Krynn, Aerbrynis, Toril, Oerth etc. Lets say some Duad comes along (Scarred Lands + Twin Crowns ) and gives the D&D Time Lord a sound thrashing. Can he absorb the campaign multiverse (becoming the Great Wheel multiverse in addition to the other two.

Remove ads