What would AO from FR be?

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Can you source this? I can't find it in Ascension itself since its Artifact rules are rather condensed.

As I recall, Upper_Krust laid that down here on the forums, rather than in Ascension itself.

Looking over the book, the closest it comes to talking about this is in the section on Customizing the Divinity Templates (page 27), though I suspect U_K later wanted to amend that section, and so laid down the guideline of each artifact being equal to your divine bonus' worth of extra divine abilities.

As I recall, Upper_Krust laid that down here on the forums, rather than in Ascension itself.

Looking over the book, the closest it comes to talking about this is in the section on Customizing the Divinity Templates (page 27), though I suspect U_K later wanted to amend that section, and so laid down the guideline of each artifact being equal to your divine bonus' worth of extra divine abilities.

That's kind of what I figured. I'm pretty new to the forums (though we've been playing with Ascension for a long time now). I've been trying to track it down but there's a lot of places to look!

Edit: And so I find it only a few minutes later. I think.
Source: http://www.enworld.org/forum/eterni...forum/236819-artifact-ecl-rules-question.html

I generally use the quick method of simply treating each artifact as equal to a number of divine abilities equal to your Divine Rank. That gives a good average and means you don't have to keep chopping and changing them every few ECL, just every change in Divine Status, which is more of a paradigm shift.

Last edited:

Belzamus

First Post
Wait, seriously?

There's a fairly significant difference between 4 x Divine Bonus in artifact ECL and 1/3 of total ECL for equipment. I can't remember off the top of my head, but I think I did the math in that thread linked above.

Since Divine Bonus is generally 1/10th ECL, 4 artifacts at that equals a total of 4/10ths ECL, rather than 1/3 (or 3.333/10ths) ECL. Might not look like much, but at level 400 or so, that can add up to another game-breaking Transcendental or two.

Of course, I do in fact use 4 x Divine Bonus, as I like my immortals on the powerful side for their ECL.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Wait, seriously?

YA RLY! ;)

There's a fairly significant difference between 4 x Divine Bonus in artifact ECL and 1/3 of total ECL for equipment. I can't remember off the top of my head, but I think I did the math in that thread linked above.

Actually there isn't - see below.

Since Divine Bonus is generally 1/10th ECL, 4 artifacts at that equals a total of 4/10ths ECL, rather than 1/3 (or 3.333/10ths) ECL. Might not look like much, but at level 400 or so, that can add up to another game-breaking Transcendental or two.

This would be true, except for the fact that you've overlooked the note U_K included on page 27 under the Divinity Template Breakdown:

N.B. The final total is reduced by 1/6th to ensure that the template is greater than the mere sum of its parts.

In other words, you apply the Silver Rule here. Hence, by reducing 4/10 by one-sixth (that is, multiplying it by 0.83), it becomes almost exactly 3.333/10ths, which neatly solves the problem.

Remove ads