Even Newer Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

dimsdale

First Post
The door to the tavern swings open wide as a towering bugbear enters the tavern, he carries the head of a white dragon with him.

"Hi all! I is Kane, me and magicman and musicman...and...uh Hergunna, kill this dragon, it think it god like Lauto...haha. So we come back from island of lizards and need some good drink, maybe we hang this over the bar? Oh....look at that one, it like baby black lizard head too" Kane says, pointing to the black dragon wyrmling head on the wall.

He hands the trophy to the stunned bartender and now you notice he's also wearing some white dragon's scaled armor, likely from the same creature he is bearing the head of. The bugbear carries a pair of axes, deadly looking tools, across his back, within easy reach. He sees the dwarf and halfling drinking and saunters over.

"Hi! You look like you have good times, Kane need a good laugh today, it not such a good day, we see woman and her hole family killed by dragon, glad we kill it to get revenge." the bugbear says as he grabs a pint of ale and toasts the duo with him. He hungrily devours a chicken placed in front of him, while sliding over a coin to the bartender.

[sblock=ooc]
Kane, level 5 (maybe) bugbear barbarian. [/sblock]

Kruk looks at the bugbear with profound respect. "Aye, you are a dragon killer too. That one, (pointing to the black dragon head mounted on the wall) is ours" Kruk says as he bumps Carolina a little too hard, spilling some of the hafling's ale. "Oh, sorry Carolina." Back to the bugbear. "I'm Kruk and this is Carolina" Kruk also greets to the other two, finding it amuzing that one of them has a look of distaste on his face. Kruk thinks to himself, hmmm...i've seen that look before...snooty type... and then farts. "Excuse me kind sir. Ale has a tendency to do that to me."

evilbob

Explorer
A bedraggled-looking older fellow with a sharp staff enters the tavern. "Mervin, famed magic man," he politely says to a coat rack before heading over and taking a seat next to the giant bugbear who is inhaling a chicken. "You've got a little something... a little... on your... you know what? Nevermind," Mervin says, trying his best to stay away from the bugbear's mouth and hands as large chunks of chicken disappear rapidly.

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
"MAGICMAN! Hey Kruk, this is dragon slayer. His magicks hit the dragon's brains and it died. No axe, no arrow, just magic!" Kane exclaims, patting his friend hard on the back, leaving a bit of chicken on his shoulder.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
An elf wearing a fine suit of full plate enters the tavern. He has long black hair tied loosely behind his head, a quiver of javelins and shield emblazoned with an image of Palladys across his back, and a bastard sword on his hip. Those that know him might notice he wears a new belt fashioned from thick leather with a heavy iron buckle. He also seems to have rested and recovered from the long and tiring journey back to Daunton.

"Raiyek Meliam, paladin of Palladys," the elf bows and announces to the tavern in general. He notices Kruk and Carolina and moves towards them. "Kruk, Carolina! I'm glad to see you both again!" he exclaims, clapping Kruk on the back. "Any word of anyone looking for some fearless adventurers?" he asks with a smile and a laugh, enjoying the company of friends.
[sblock=OOC]Raiyek, practically-level 5 elf paladin.[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
"Kruk, Carolina! I'm glad to see you both again!" he exclaims, clapping Kruk on the back. "Any word of anyone looking for some fearless adventurers?" he asks with a smile and a laugh, enjoying the company of friends.
The warforged in the back continues his gaze as Raiyek enters, then nods to his shifter companion. He stands and makes his way to the table where the elf accompanies the dwarf and halfling. The flames along his plating thrum, and shadows follow him.

He regards the three a moment, inclining his head, then focuses on the paladin. Raiyek Meliam. The holy sword. Servant of she who knows and protects. You are named. I am Incarnation, and I seek your assistance. You are one of two who have been named, who fate indicates can aid against the darkness that comes. I ask this simply: Will you follow this call?[sblock=The Path of Light]LS indicated his is interested in TPoL. This is that check. :)[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
"Raiyek Meliam, paladin of Palladys," the elf bows and announces to the tavern in general. He notices Kruk and Carolina and moves towards them. "Kruk, Carolina! I'm glad to see you both again!" he exclaims, clapping Kruk on the back. "Any word of anyone looking for some fearless adventurers?" he asks with a smile and a laugh, enjoying the company of friends.

"Raiyek!!! Good to see you friend." Just as he is about to order another beverage, Kruk hears the words of the warforged. After a pause, hee turns to him and states. "You've done your research warforged. Raiyek is the best. Woe to the evil forces who stand in his way." He looks at the elf with respect and raises his mug to him.

Tenchuu

First Post
"My good men!" Lord Byron bellowed, standing just inside the door. The noble stumbled as his eyes met Hergunna's, "Uhh, and my good woe-man! Please, come, come. Let us share a table and a pitcher of Ale. I long to hear of your adventure and of my investment. Gods below, did you slay that Dragon!? Wait... where is the wizard, Tessa?"

Last edited:

Tenchuu

First Post
The door opened, and a barely visible halfling rushed in. The small man jumped from time to time, trying to get a better view of the patrons. Finally spotting Kruk, the Halfling weaved through the crowd, making his way over to the dwarf.

"Are you Kruk? My name is Landon, I bring ill tidings from Allaria. The drawf Greggor requests your assistance, urgently." At the cue of Kruk's facial expression, the halfling continued.

"I am a courier by trade, and I was delivering a message to the Twinbeard Silvermine. While waiting to be taken to mine owner, Mr. Greggor beseched me to find you and deliver his message. At the conclusion of my assignment with the mine owner, I booked passage on The Wind's Will, which brought me from Geardagas, [FONT=&quot]Allaria to you, Mr. Kruk."

As the news hit Kruk, Landon hit him with another blow,
"So, Obviously, Mr.Greggor was in no position to pay me for my services, and while I realize how poor my timing is... a halfling cannot survive on good will alone. I'm afraid good deeds don't pay for meals, in-and-of-themselves." The halfling presented his open, empty palm.

[sblock=OOC]The adventure is still being approved, but I thought I would start the pre-adventure dialog now.

There is room for one more (and unfortunately only one more), if one of Kruk's former companions feels so inclined. That said, the additional player is optional.
[/sblock]

[/FONT]

renau1g

First Post
"My good men!" Lord Byron bellowed, standing just inside the door. The noble stumbled as his eyes met Hergunna's, "Uhh, and my good woe-man! Please, come, come. Let us share a table and a pitcher of Ale. I long to hear of your adventure and of my investment. Gods below, did you slay that Dragon!? Wait... where is the wizard, Tessa?"

"Yes Magicman (gesturing to Mervin) was the dragonslayer, musicman has make a song about the dragon killer, it very good. Hey! Where is he anyway? I sure he be here soon. Uh, investment? That your island right? Oh, uh, not good news. Lots of dead people, but Kane and we make sure lots of little lizards get killed to make it even. So now lots of dead peoples and lizards. Don't worry though Kane put all dead lizards in one house in camp and now they is in one spot for you. Uh Tessa...Tessa... oh yeah...Tessa, she is gone. Umm...not dead though so no be sad, just gone. Did you know Hergunna turn into a wolf! She even makes wolf come to her, it was good killing too." the bugbear prattles on to the nobleman.

Remove ads