Even Newer Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sheng raises his eyebrows at the entrance of the rock warforged, and then returned for his glass and his own thoughts.

Sheng Zim level 5 sorceror

LadyLaw

First Post
The tavern door opened and a short, stocky dwarven female walked in. She's dressed all in deep grays and blacks. Even the hide of her armor has been died to these darker colors. She carries a heavy shield and a large hammer, with several smaller hammers hanging from her belt. Her dark, brown hair hangs in a single thick braid down her back. It is as thick as one of her wrists and ends just above her bottom, tied off with a bit of dark leather. She wears a simple bit of braided black leather across her brow like a headband.

She walks heavily across the room to the bar and pulls a piece of parchment out of her belt-pouch, showing it to the bartender.

"Name's Rysethynn. Have ye seen this sign a'fore? Or know anythin' 'bout it? Know anyone who might if'n ye don't?"

The barkeeper shook his head no and continued about his business.

The dwarf nodded grimly and grunted a thanks before folding the parchment carefully and replacing it in her pouch. She ordered a strong ale, which the barkeep was happy to provide her with, and sat down at any empty table with her mug. She was sure if she waited long enough, someone who knew something might come along. Or if not, someone who needed help. Helping often meant money, and she could always use more of that to help with her searching.

[sblock=ooc]Rysethynn, Level 1 Dwarven Warden, at your service.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
The barkeep looks up from his work, and he whispers something to one of the waitresses who begins moving towards what would be either Sheng or Earth.

[sblock=VV]
FYI, you can only have 1 PC in the tavern at a time, either Sheng or Earth will have to go wait outside. Sorry.[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
The tavern door opened and a short, stocky dwarven female walked in. She's dressed all in deep grays and blacks. Even the hide of her armor has been died to these darker colors. She carries a heavy shield and a large hammer, with several smaller hammers hanging from her belt. Her dark, brown hair hangs in a single thick braid down her back. It is as thick as one of her wrists and ends just above her bottom, tied off with a bit of dark leather. She wears a simple bit of braided black leather across her brow like a headband.

She walks heavily across the room to the bar and pulls a piece of parchment out of her belt-pouch, showing it to the bartender.

"Name's Rysethynn. Have ye seen this sign a'fore? Or know anythin' 'bout it? Know anyone who might if'n ye don't?"

The barkeeper shook his head no and continued about his business.

The dwarf nodded grimly and grunted a thanks before folding the parchment carefully and replacing it in her pouch. She ordered a strong ale, which the barkeep was happy to provide her with, and sat down at any empty table with her mug. She was sure if she waited long enough, someone who knew something might come along. Or if not, someone who needed help. Helping often meant money, and she could always use more of that to help with her searching.

[sblock=ooc]Rysethynn, Level 1 Dwarven Warden, at your service.[/sblock]

The warforged turns his apparently lifeless eye sockets to the dwarf. He moves slowly towards her, and "parks" nearby.
"I sense your connection with the earth." he makes a broad gesture. "Such bond is not common amongst the creatures in this place humans call city."
He remains still for a few seconds. "I am Earth." the warforged made of rock and dirt states, and bows slightly, shaking the little plant that comes to view, sprouting from his back.

pacdidj

First Post
The door to the tavern opens a crack, and an elderly woman with a hook nose wearing a pointed black hat peers in nervously, blinking several times in the dim light. As she does so a small brown rat scurries through the partially-open doorway, and across the floor of the tavern, leaving a black trail of soot in its wake. After a few moments the old lady nods to herself and, seeming to gather up her courage, she plasters a smile on her face and shuffles into the room, leaning on a walking stick as she moves. She is dressed rather oddly in a patched, threadbare traveling cloak, and what looks like the upholstery of a leather sofa worn over a floral-print blouse and skirt.

"Howdy-do!," she says, greeting everyone present, "My name's Mabbeth. Mabbeth Tarmikos. But, you dearies can call me Auntie Mab."

Seeming slightly more at ease after making her introduction, the woman ambles over to the bar where the rodent that followed her in has apparently climbed into a barstool. Seeing the barkeep eying it with disdain, Auntie Mab says, "Oh, don't mind him. That's Tristram, he's with me."

*Squeak*,says the rat, by way of introduction.

"I'll have a cuppa tea love, with two lumps of sugar and a wedge of lemon," Auntie Mab tells the barkeep, and then leaning closer she whispers while pointing to the rat, "And a whiskey for him."

She picks up both beverages and the rat jumps into the pocket of her skirt as she shuffles over to the table where the dwarf and the warforged are seated. "Hello dearies," she says, smiling sweetly, "Mind if we join you?"

[sblock=ooc]Auntie Mab - Level 1 Human Rogue (Warlock), 2nd PC, Awaiting Approval[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
The standing statue turns his head with rock-sliding sound to face the incomming person. "I mind not, however I cannot speak for her." the warforeg takes a step back as to allow the old woman to access the table.

pacdidj

First Post
Taking the dwarf's silence as a sign of assent, the old woman pulls out a chair and sits down, while the rodent scampers out of her pocket and climbs up onto the table.

"I mind not, however I cannot speak for her."

"Why, thank you dear," she says graciously to the warforged. The rat however, eyes the stony being with suspicion.

*Squeak, pfft ffft ffft... ffft, ffft meep!,* it declares.

"Now Tristram!," says Auntie Mab in a scandalized tone, "What a rude thing to say! Needs a bath indeed! See he's obviously made of dirt. Not dirty!"

"Why, I'd bet he's one of the fearsome scrumgrums of Arcadia!," she says, her voice taking on a mysterious tone, while the rat rolls his eyes as if to say 'Here we go again...', "Luran has told me all about them. Even showed me their village once," she proclaims with a pompous nod.

"You don't by any chance come from Arcadia, do you love?," Auntie Mab asks the warforged, while setting both of the beverages on the table. Tristram the rat quickly seizes the small shot glass full of whiskey and begins to guzzle it while giving Earth the stink eye.

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Earth studies, or more simply, stares blankly, at the woman. "Nor I consider myself a scrumgrums, nor I hail from Arcadia, nor know where is it located, nor there exists villages of beings like myself, as far as I am aware of. I am puzzled, how is that you can understand the rat?" the immutability of the creature is that of a statue, so his words didn't match his body language. If he has any.

Remove ads