WotBS What have you done with Gods in your WotBS campaign

Fox Lee

Explorer
A core aspect of my campaign setting is that it has no gods, so this was one of the more difficult aspects of conversion for me >3>; Characters like cleric and paladins draw power from ideals and personal resolve rather than channeling from a deity, so I took that idea and used it to create various loose groups that could be compared to churches - just without deific figures. They range from sort of benevolent community interest groups to creepy secret societies, deoending on what their ideal is.

For example, Erdan Menash reminded me so much of Stephen Fry, I gave him the knowledge ideal, and sort of a scholarly/librarian order in place of his shrine.

The one society in my setting which is religious, is filling in for Ragesia, since I have no half-orcs either. An expansionist empire trying to purging non-godly magic-users and bullying smaller neutral settlemets into cooperating? Right on the money for my theocracy of Aurion. Having read something of Leska's ultimate motivation, though, I am yet to decide exactly what I'm going to do with her goals (or his goals, in this case - lots of genders got switched in my version).

Remove ads